Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport

• 17-05-2018 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello,

I have a question. So our airplane is arriving in Dublin at 00:20 and I need some transport to Cork. I searched trough net and found that latest bus from Aircoach is going from Dublin airport at 00:25. And I can't found any possible transport after that : (. Taxi ofc is not an option. Also I looked if they renting rooms for 1 night at airport but ofc they don't have that, who could possibly need it.
    I also looked hotels nearby but 100 for one night even 70 euro is to expensive.
    We don't need it for full night. So what can you suggest me?
    Is there any bus that is going later then this one even some bus to other place near Cork would be fine and from there some other bus or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭Tow

Cheapest option is to sleep in the airport to the first Aircoach in the morning at 6:25.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The hotels *are* the option for renting a room for a night at the airport. That's the same everywhere in the world. They are going to be expensive in peak tourist season

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

L1011 wrote: »
    They are going to be expensive in peak tourist season

Even at that, 100 a night in summer is a good price for the airport imo during peak season. Hopefully this will be resolved in the next few years.

OP, best thing to do is go McDonalds in T1 and wait a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Very few hotels rent by the hour but I noticed that Holiday Inn are now advertising day rates perhaps a phone call might provide the answer
    https://www.hiexpressdublin-airport.com/rooms/day-let-rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭trellheim

Rent a car and drop off in Cork ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

you might make it if your flight gets in early... Id just be waiting in the airport for the next bus at 6:25am if you miss it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Quick Park if you have a car and can drive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Could you rent the hotel room, sleep late and spend part of the following day visiting some attraction in Dublin ie Guinness Storehouse? Get a later bus home and count it an extra day of the holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

elperello wrote: »
    Could you rent the hotel room, sleep late and spend part of the following day visiting some attraction in Dublin ie Guinness Storehouse? Get a later bus home and count it an extra day of the holiday.

Aircoach, as far as I remember does, does city centre route throughout the night so hotel in the city could be done.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

moloner4 wrote: »
    Aircoach, as far as I remember does, does city centre route throughout the night so hotel in the city could be done.

700/702/703 are all 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Hi ALL just wondering whats the flow like at dublin airport lately. staying in the city north next month which is approx 20 mins from airport. my flight is 8.50am in the morning leaving my hotel at 6am just wondering is this enough time whats the clearance etc like from customas at this end should i leave earlier? thanks

Advertisement