Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

50% off Philips Airfryer on Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

I got the black version of this for £74 over a year ago, possibly during black Friday deals. Dunno if there's great value in this for £75, I'd imagine you'd find it cheaper elsewhere. Great machine mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Think I paid £80 at the start of the year for this.
    Great machine, try cook everything in it,was definitely worth the £80!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not sure about that white colour, but this has been the best purchase I made in the last few years. Bought mine way back in 2014 and havent looked back. Use it about 2/3 times a week, replacing my oven in most cases because the end result is much better than a conventional oven.

Highly recommend buying it at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

We picked up the XL version at the start of the year, down to €150. Was the best buy in a long time, the oven has hardly been on since we got it!

Might pick this up to have a backup!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭huddlejonny

Prunty wrote: »
    I got the black version of this for £74 over a year ago, possibly during black Friday deals. Dunno if there's great value in this for £75, I'd imagine you'd find it cheaper elsewhere. Great machine mind

2 years ago on Black Friday it was available for £50, last year the lowest it went was £74 ish....

At £74.00 it is well worth an investment for a Philips.. or maybe take a chance on BF that they will be reduced further..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭dodzy

2 years ago on Black Friday it was available for £50, last year the lowest it went was £74 ish....

At £74.00 it is well worth an investment for a Philips.. or maybe take a chance on BF that they will be reduced further..

Great yoke indeed. If you can find the 9230 (the digital version) or better again the bigger brother (9240) at a palatable price, you'd be laughing. I'd wait for Nov 24th just in case, but as others have said, currently a bargain, even for the non-digital version.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

I just went on there and bought this and it said the price was £62.. including delivery..! Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

btw the lower price only showed at the end when I went to pay for it. It said 74£ before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Actively is €79 in Tesco at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Actively is €79 in Tesco at the moment

Just for anyone who is trying
    To decide between actifry & Philips airfryer the paddle in the middle of the tefal actifry tends to break food up while cooking. I find the Philips much better & you can buy spare parts..... just my preference though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Bought one of these last time they were on sale and it's quite possibly the best purchase i've ever made.

Ever. I'm not joking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭mel123

Best thing ive ever bought. For people cooking for more than 1/2 people, i wouldnt recommend this though, hold out for the larger version and try and get a bargain on it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Bought one of these last time they were on sale and it's quite possibly the best purchase i've ever made.

Ever. I'm not joking!
    I'm the same, first I gave up takeaways and started making my own in the Airfryer then I just started eating better, throw the meat in and by the time you've made some salad or microwaved some veg it's done. Best gadget I ever bought and I have a press full of slow cookers and blenders and other crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

I just went on there and bought this and it said the price was £62.. including delivery..! Happy days.

think that is the VAT @ 0% price - you must have a business account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Pretty good price alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Thanks very much OP. Just bought one there

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m hoping for the xl version on Black Friday
    If this hits anything near €170 and finances allow, grab it. Much bigger than its baby brother and just as effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dodzy wrote: »
    If this hits anything near €170 and finances allow, grab it. Much bigger than its baby brother and just as effective.

it is EUR 185,02 on german amazon at the moment, that is including delivery and with the Irish vat. This would come with a EU plug, I would recommend properly rewiring to a new plug, not just an adaptor.

If dispatched to parcel motel it is 180.50 but it might be oversized so have high fees.

German price is €179

https://www.amazon.de/Philips-Airfryer-Hei%C3%9Fluftfritteuse-HD9240-90/dp/B00BS97UUA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510249404&sr=8-3&keywords=airfryer+xl

they are changing to irish or UK vat.

I have the small one and also would recommend most to get the larger one. There is actually also a XXL one now. Just sligthly bigger than XL though.

€259 german price
    https://www.amazon.de/Philips-Airfryer-Hei%C3%9Fluftfritteuse-Personen-Testurteil/dp/B0746SDXWZ/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1510249653&sr=1-1&keywords=airfryer+xxl

Regular is specified to do 800g food, XL is 1.2kg, and XXL is 1.4kg

if mine breaks I am getting a XL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Like most everyone else, it's definitely the best kitchen appliance I have ever bought, and is used almost daily.

Bought an xl one for the home place also, which, after initial new-fangledness, is similarly indispensable now.

I think the best way of putting it is, if it breaks, I'll replace it the next day - might even buy a back up for that eventuality!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I got the digital one in currys last year for €130 was dubious buying it as I had the tefel actifryer and hated it. But I can honestly say I love this Airfryer and the oven is now partly redundant only issue is it’s not that big and I’m sorry I didn’t get the larger one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

All, anyone tracking the big brother one of these? HD9240. Aug/Sept of last year they dropped to £116, must be an old thread somewhere on it. An absolute steal. Try hold out for the bigger version to drop is my advice.

BLUEYK wrote: »
    All, anyone tracking the big brother one of these? HD9240. Aug/Sept of last year they dropped to £116, must be an old thread somewhere on it. An absolute steal. Try hold out for the bigger version to drop is my advice.

Never remember them hitting sub 150

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

dodzy wrote: »
    Never remember them hitting sub 150

Aug 29th last year lightening deal, £116, not sure how to link the thread but in the food forum in the air fryer thread you will see it there, I bought one!

I think the flash/lightening deal prices can be missed or not show on CCC

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I will check that out thanks, just curious about the adapter, what’s wrong with them long term ?
    It is a relatively high power so high current device, the XL is higher power than the standard one. If you buy say a speaker or hard drive that comes with an adpator it will likely be fine as it is low power. Some adapters might be OK quality but many are not great. If the contact points connecting the original plug are not great they can overheat.

This was posted in the brewing forum the other day
    RasTa wrote: »
    Returning about a min before the end of a 60min boil to a funny smell "what's that?, oh **** the plug is smoking!"

DGJfN88XsAAAvJe.jpg

I haven't brewed since but will be doing it again tomorrow. Might switch to gas

The current can still be under 13A when this happens, so no fuse blows or no device trips it out, it just heats away. The airfryers have thermostat controls so once up to temp they turn off, they do not run continuously at the rated power (some people think they do and thought they cost a lot to run, but they are very cost effective), the guy above was likely using full power for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

But it looks like something else is hardwired to that?

loki7777 wrote: »
    But it looks like something else is hardwired to that?

Looks to me like a electrical output in a shed or garage. He would have had something plugged in and the plug overheated and melted it.

If you plug in a high power device, like a kettle and boil a full kettle of water, then afterwards remove the plug you will often feel that the brass pins (not the earth one) will be warm to the touch. You may even notice browning on the wall socket if you use your kettle a lot. You might notice it more in an office where something is used a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Just got confirmation that it has been dispatched.

We already have the XL but with 6 of us I thought this one might help take some of the load. Especially when there is a fry on the go!

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Gone back up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Think I'll wait until Black Friday. might put a few into a CCC alert.

Advertisement