Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea green - New Housing development

• 12-11-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone heard / knows anything about this.
    It's Wood Group and in Greystones somewhere.
    I've seen an ad for it in Sherry Fitz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

On right, short distance past Blacklion church..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,742 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Merrilady wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone heard / knows anything about this.
    It's Wood Group and in Greystones somewhere.
    I've seen an ad for it in Sherry Fitz

They were selling some of those about 6 or 7 years ago

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

They were selling some of those about 6 or 7 years ago

The never actually launched... land went into Nama

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sulberto

The land didn't go into Nama, Woods just pulled back because the bottom fell out of the market

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Nana have released money so as building can go on. The land did go into NAMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Is this the build conditional on completing the much needed link road?

FirstIn wrote: »
    Is this the build conditional on completing the much needed link road?

Don't think so there is already full planning approved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

AFAIK planning was conditional on the link road, but the developer will only build the part within his own site, which would take it up to a point near to the Applewood Heights/Chapel Road junction.

Ideally the publicly funded part would already be completed, bypassing St Lawrences school with another new section at Dromont, so as not to create an increased traffic hazard at the school. (Not gonna happen)

Alternative scenario is that WCC (or NRA ?) do nothing, then when the developer finishes the road it can't be used for a long time because somebody else has to build the actual junction. That's what happened with the Farrankelly Road at the N11 junction.

Seagreen... between Kindlestown Hill and Snowdonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

The link road to the schools and Lidl are NOT in the co council five year plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,742 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sasso wrote: »
    The link road to the schools and Lidl are NOT in the co council five year plan

Which 5 year plan?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Building has already started drove by here today.. A number of units are already started!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sulberto

The developer has to complete the link road to tie in just south of the current Applewood-Chapel Road junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Which realistically is not going to help all that much as the road it's joining is a bit of a nightmare down around the school. Ah gotta love the joining up thinking of our town planners. Suggest they get off their backsides and take a stroll around the areas they're responsible for at different times of the day, stats and reports are only 1/3rd of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

It will help as there will now be 2 ways of getting to the schools and Lidl rather than all traffic having to funnel through the junction at McDonalds Lidl. Also kids from Applewood, Kenmare Heights etc may be more likely to walk to school if there is a less roundabout route. They do need to complete the upgrade all the way through to Delgany Wood though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

The residents of Applewood Heights won't be too impressed with the extra volume of traffic through their estate

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Wow, thanks so much for the info.
    The site is where I thought it was alright, beautiful area, but my goodness where will the cars go. I confess, I don't know much about the proposed new road, but am learning now. Thanks again

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    The residents of Applewood Heights won't be too impressed with the extra volume of traffic through their estate

Yeah, hadn't thought of that - it'll definitely be faster for residents of the new estate to drive through Applewood to the village than to battle through 2 or 3 sets of traffic lights at Blacklion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Which might be part of the reason the Applewood residents tried and failed a number of years ago to block off / restrict access to the estate from the top of the road.

Applewood is no longer on the "edge" of town. There are pros and cons to that. They'll just have to get used to the new situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

Don't remember ever waking up to that view in Greystones! Bit of false advertising really.....you can see Snowdonia on the odd day......if it's pointed out to you.......and you squint enough... you can just about make out it's outline....you think.
    Hilarious sales pitch, hopefully the new residents aren't too disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Woke up to that view three times this autumn and have the photos to prove it....

But it certainly is an unusual inducement to buy a house, aimed at the terminally optimistic maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Don't remember ever waking up to that view in Greystones! Bit of false advertising really.....you can see Snowdonia on the odd day......if it's pointed out to you.......and you squint enough... you can just about make out it's outline....you think.
    I've seen it a good few times, and I don't even live in Greystones :) What you want is a good cold, clear winter's day with no haze and you can see Snowdonia as clear as a bell with the naked eye. Back in 2010 when we had the bad snow I was up on Kindlestown Hill and you could make out snow on the tops of the Welsh mountains too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cmck1985

Any idea on price range? I believe Sherry Fitz had a pre public launch during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

No prices yet apparra, wasn't at the meeting myself but emailed and I was sent a brochure with site and house plans

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Will definitely be interesting to see how the extra cars cope going through applewood. It will be a nightmare to turn right at the Vets towards Tesco. Isn't there another development going beside Seagreen? I thought I saw 2 x signs advertising 2 x developments at the site entrance

sinead81 wrote: »
    Will definitely be interesting to see how the extra cars cope going through applewood. It will be a nightmare to turn right at the Vets towards Tesco. Isn't there another development going beside Seagreen? I thought I saw 2 x signs advertising 2 x developments at the site entrance

there are 2 more developments going beside the schools opposite Lidl

I see the website (as per post #10) has been updated and expanded.
    Snowdonia has vanished in the sea mists :pac:
    But drawings and specs of the 3 and 4 bed houses are up.
    Look very nice. They have taken a completely different tack to the Carrig Mill development in complying with new building regs which require an energy efficient home. There are no heat pumps or solar PV panels. Instead they have gas condensing boilers and solar thermal panels. Plus a radiator in the landing area to distribute any excess solar heat after the hot water cylinder has been heated. Which presumably will heat up nicely during the summer months :p
    Also rainwater harvesting. This seems to be the same builder that developed the Delgany Wood area.

Anyway, they look well designed, and should be cheap and trouble free in terms of maintenance and running costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Just been looking at an earlier promotional article about Seagreen. It was in Irish Times on 30th October heading "Go Wales-spotting from Greystones". Glad to see that seeing Wales has been deleted, but there is a final sentence that says "The Dart station at Greystones is a 15-minute walk from Seagreen".
    That's some claim. You'd be doing well to get to Tesco in 15 minutes!!!

• Advertisement

recedite wrote: »
    I see the website (as per post #10) has been updated and expanded.
    Snowdonia has vanished in the sea mists :pac:
    But drawings and specs of the 3 and 4 bed houses are up.
    Look very nice. They have taken a completely different tack to the Carrig Mill development in complying with new building regs which require an energy efficient home. There are no heat pumps or solar PV panels. Instead they have gas condensing boilers and solar thermal panels. Plus a radiator in the landing area to distribute any excess solar heat after the hot water cylinder has been heated. Which presumably will heat up nicely during the summer months :p
    Also rainwater harvesting. This seems to be the same builder that developed the Delgany Wood area.

Anyway, they look well designed, and should be cheap and trouble free in terms of maintenance and running costs.

yes same builder... same issues as Delgany wood.. poorly finished off and poor landscaping etc not to mention the one row of houses where they all had huge leaks etc

Advertisement