Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name and shame you local in dundalk :)

• 07-06-2006 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Right I was reading the "worst pubs in drogheda" and got me thinking about some of the terrible pubs in louth that we still go to everyweek and im going to suggest a name and shame as such :)

right I'm going to go first :

My local : Avenue Inn

Been drinking here years and years , get on well with the Owners , the regulars and enjoy the athmospehe.Its my local, But really the place stinks of píss from the toilets , it has not seen a lick of paint in about 20 years im guessing and really needs a makeover.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kittenz

hmmmm, i would tend to agree with you, The Avenue Inn is not the most desireable of pubs, although i was only in there once, it was enough! Saying that my boyfriend used to drink in there a good bit after work etc and he seems to think it was ok..... I can see why you would drink in it, it reminds me of the local i used to drink in, in drogheda, typical old man's pub, but yet when you drink there so much, it becomes so familar to you. these kinda pubs just seems to grow on you and the craic can be great.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Is the Avenue Inn up for sale. I used to drink there a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The avenue Inn will always be my local no matter what it is like , im saying that it needs a good lick of paint ;)

Also bernard conlon bought the avenue inn for 3.2 million , dont care really what he does as long as he doesnt lose the local touch and athmosphere that your local is all about.

come on lads name and shame your pubs in dundalk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Toales. Love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

petes wrote:
    Toales. Love the place.

We all love our locals thats why they are so , but really lets be honest toales you aint going to pull a bird in there and you certainly don't go into it for the decor , come on dont be shy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

Sarge wrote:
    but really lets be honest toales you aint going to pull a bird in there and you certainly don't go into it for the decor

Ha!! Thats for sure! there are many ****ty pubs in dundalk, havent been there in ages but the lisdoo is gong to the dogs, dunno what its like done up but prob still ****.

The Fane on Park Street, ever been in there? some expirence alright! or courtneys, i hate that place. just a horrible big drinking hall. Never liked Oscars either.

Best to stay at home with a few cans than go to those places

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I guess my local would be the Shamrock. Fallen out of there at 5am a couple of times... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

The Avenue Inn, I HATE the place.
    It's still my granda's pub though :)

Edit: Oscars too, it was completely dead the last time I went in there.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Local in Dundalk... hmm... Well the Malt was always close by...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Ridley's bar i like, gone off Courtney's as the crowd seems to be getting very young in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sarge wrote:
    Right I was reading the "worst pubs in drogheda" and got me thinking about some of the terrible pubs in louth that we still go to everyweek and im going to suggest a name and shame as such :)

right I'm going to go first :

My local : Avenue Inn

Been drinking here years and years , get on well with the Owners , the regulars and enjoy the athmospehe.Its my local, But really the place stinks of píss from the toilets , it has not seen a lick of paint in about 20 years im guessing and really needs a makeover.

It actually used to be a really nice place to drink when Gerry Coleman ran the place. When what ya call him got the lease the place went drastically downhill and I stopped drinking soon after.

Am a major fan of the Beerkeeper but only get a chance to go the odd time I am back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭mada999

fagans !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Sweaty betty's for the win!

Advertisement