Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy Power Placepot

• 11-05-2011 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Dont bother your backside with PaddyPowers placepot

I picked 6winners yesterday at sedgefield and i got 10euro back to my 1euro

I saw a dude win near 5grand off a 50cent bet at punchestown last week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

very short!

quiet day in sedgefield so

Lucky only 5 of the 6 winners were favorites, if the other one came in you'd be lucky to get your money back. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Placepots vary highly - if the most backed horses all place then the pickings are mergre, the trick is to find the longer shots and hope the favs dissapoint, which is why big festival type events like Cheltenham have been so big in the last two years.
    Friday, 19th March 2010
    Cheltenham £41,288.40

http://placepot.tote-betting.net/placepot-results-may2011.php

so is it worth my while bothering with them at standard meetings?

• Advertisement

They're worth it as much as most other bets tbh. Non-runners go onto the favorite as well, so plenty of favorites are doubly-bad for the prize at the end. It doesn't really matter if there's 20 or 2000 people in the pot, it's an average prize amongst winners. The higher the proportion of winners, the lower the prize. So as I said, lots of favorites dilute the odds. My dad once did a fiver placepot and got just over 10 quid back. He had no favorites in his but the favorites got places in all them so it screwed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Dont bother your backside with PaddyPowers placepot

I picked 6winners yesterday at sedgefield and i got 10euro back to my 1euro

I saw a dude win near 5grand off a 50cent bet at punchestown last week

Its not "Paddy Powers" placepot.

If you done the tote placepot with any other bookmaker online you would have received the same amount. The placepot, quadpot etc is run by the Tote.

http://placepot.tote-betting.net/placepot-results-may2011.php

Some firms used to offer their own placepot dividends but I'd assume it's a thing of the past now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you fancy trying it out, you should look for a card where there are overbet favs (usually down to trainer/jockey combo), and horses that have form but have struggled with their handicap but have been cut some slack and are back on a previously successful track/distance the kind of horse that is 8/1 while the fav is evens. So you need to do some homework!

Kempton 19.50 is a good example - a maiden. The unraced fav is 1.57, you can back Kyllachy Spirit on its handicap debut for 9s. The trick is to find a card with a few races like that.

edit I made an error - the fav is actually a solid bumper winning horse making its "flat turf" debut, still way too short though. (OT strange for a bumper horse to go flat racing before over the jumps.)

thanks for that mike

think ill just stick to doin em at big festivals where the dividend is bigger!

Advertisement