Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Casati wrote: »
    You could have booked it via BA Exec club and paid the 80 quid taxes but on a flight so cheap your better off paying for it and using your points either as part payment or for an upgrade

So you can book the same flight with BA exec and pay 80 instead of 220 in taxes for the same amount of points redeemed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Doylers wrote: »
    So you can book the same flight with BA exec and pay 80 instead of 220 in taxes for the same amount of points redeemed ?

Yeah, you have to ring exec club for the booking but taxes much cheaper. I paid circa 100 quid for SFO return last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

I was just reviewing my flight list and can see a large number of flights don't have tier credits assigned. For some i am given 7.5 tier credits, for others I'm given avios points only, does anyone know why over half of my flights aren't assigned tear credits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Promo fares or paid for by avios?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

tnegun wrote: »
    Promo fares or paid for by avios?

I've never paid for anything using avios, though not sure about the promo fares. I think most of their fares are 'promo' even if it isn't clear, i thought you still got the 7.5 credits even if the fare was promo though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Aer Credit Card - the 2 free flights. I know they don't attract Avios or Tier credits, and don't include tax/charges. But do they include a seat or any baggage?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

That the Avios system has not been integrated with the EI system to enable a booking made on the Avios website be added your AerClub account (and thus allow you to choose seats/add bags etc) is pretty astounding to me. I have to call up to do any of that? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

1123heavy wrote: »
    I was just reviewing my flight list and can see a large number of flights don't have tier credits assigned. For some i am given 7.5 tier credits, for others I'm given avios points only, does anyone know why over half of my flights aren't assigned tear credits?
    God I miss those days...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Aer Credit Card - the 2 free flights. I know they don't attract Avios or Tier credits, and don't include tax/charges. But do they include a seat or any baggage?
    Thanks

Nope, just a ticket, I'd to pay for the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

1123heavy wrote: »

I find they come in in two entries, so for a flight the Avios will appear one day and the tier credits the next day. So they both hit the account but it looks like they aren’t linked. That could be it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I'm off to the USA tomorrow.

I seem to recall reading its better to skip the EI lounge and head through USA immigration and use the 51st&Green lounge? Is that correct?

How long should / can I go through USA clearance before the flight?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm off to the USA tomorrow.

I seem to recall reading its better to skip the EI lounge and head through USE immigration and use the 51st&Green lounge? Is that correct?

How long should / can I go through USA clearance before the flight?

Yes, don’t use EI lounge as it’s before pre clearance.

Anythiny from 1-3 hours before departure, it all depends on the day that’s in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If silver you have not choice but to use the EI lounge, the staff will notify you when to head to pre clearance to be at the gate at a about the time boarding starts

Platinum or better or flying business you can use the 51st state

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I find that the outbound leg takes around 4 days for the avios/tier credits to appear (often the avios a day before) but the return leg can take ages. Often the avios appear and not the tier until I fill in a "missing miles" form, then they arrive no bother. Not sure what "system" they use but it's not a very good one! It feels like an intern doing it manually...

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Im off to NY in November, Can i pay my wife into EI lounge in Dublin as i wont hit Platinum until i land in NY?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Im off to NY in November, Can i pay my wife into EI lounge in Dublin as i wont hit Platinum until i land in NY?

I can't see why not, you can normally add it as part of your booking. Not sure if it is worth it though as you will still have to so through CBP and wait at the gate. Just just my opinion anyway, I don't think the EI lounge in Dublin is very impressive. It's a quiet space but the food offering is not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah anyone can pay into the lounge. Like Dublinflyer said, the food offering isn't impressive though. Basic cheese, crackers, some soup.

51st and green is a bit more expensive but probably worth paying the difference as you can relax more not worrying if you've left enough time for pre-clearance and the coffee/food is better. Though as a silver member, you'd have to pay in as well. I think it's covered under platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Stark wrote: »
    Yeah anyone can pay into the lounge. Like Dublinflyer said, the food offering isn't impressive though. Basic cheese, crackers, some soup.

51st and green is a bit more expensive but probably worth paying the difference as you can relax more not worrying if you've left enough time for pre-clearance and the coffee/food is better. Though as a silver member, you'd have to pay in as well. I think it's covered under platinum.

Like the one in LHR so, pretty lame. Also Aspire in Schiphol is poor, i Upgraded to Privium Full last week as the lounge there is really good, i had basic as its essential to zip through the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

Anyone else not able to log into their account? Keep getting errors saying my details are invalid and no responses from their social media

Fine for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

A barista was serving fresh coffee in the lounge yesterday in T2 between 5am -7am, is this new? Nice touch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    A barista was serving fresh coffee in the lounge yesterday in T2 between 5am -7am, is this new? Nice touch.

A solution to the coffee machines never working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭cloudhopper19

The Baristta is there in the morning and again in the afternoon at busy periods. If there is a positive reaction they will be there full time once the refit is complete later this year.

Oh nice.

The DAA lounge in T1 has a barista from time to time as does 51st and green. Nice to see EI lounge having it too. Even when the coffee machines were working, the coffee they produced was often muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

What happened to the fruit salad in the mornings in EI lounge Dublin. For the last few trips it's not there. I am only ever there at 6.30am
    Last week on holiday trip I upgraded on Turkish airways and got daa lounge in T1. Was 3pm couldn't believe the difference was luxury in comparison to EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

duffman13 wrote: »
    Nope, just a ticket, I'd to pay for the rest

Started the booking process for my 2 "free" flights.

I knew that Taxes/Charges were not included. Requested 2 return flights to Malaga with Aer Lingus - online they were €114.98 return each.
    Aer Credit Card have come back to me and confirmed that my free flights will be €91.18 each, a saving of just over €20 on each flight. A long long way from free, but that's the deal.

Hardly worth it in many respects, especially if you are Silver already. And tried ringing the reservation number to complete the bookings (can't do online) and spent half hour twice on hold before giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Started the booking process for my 2 "free" flights.

I knew that Taxes/Charges were not included. Requested 2 return flights to Malaga with Aer Lingus - online they were €114.98 return each.
    Aer Credit Card have come back to me and confirmed that my free flights will be €91.18 each, a saving of just over €20 on each flight. A long long way from free, but that's the deal.

Hardly worth it in many respects, especially if you are Silver already. And tried ringing the reservation number to complete the bookings (can't do online) and spent half hour twice on hold before giving up.

"Hardly worth it...?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

"Hardly worth it...?"

Agreed, you spent an hour on hold to save e40 (And still haven't completed it), how much do you value your time at??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ganreo

I'm flying from SFO to DUB. I know I can access a United Club lounge. Does anyone know where exactly this is in relation to the Aer Lingus departure gate? Is it the same lounge if in business class vs aerclub lounge?
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ganreo wrote: »
    I'm flying from SFO to DUB. I know I can access a United Club lounge. Does anyone know where exactly this is in relation to the Aer Lingus departure gate? Is it the same lounge if in business class vs aerclub lounge?
    Thanks in advance

You can access 3 UA loungers, there is none at G gates where EI are but there is at F and Gate 70 and 71A. Quick Google and looks like 71A area lounge is closest.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/maps/sfo.aspx

Advertisement