Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann possible stoppage

• 07-09-2019 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I see that there may be a stoppage at Bus Eireann over security. I hate waiting inside or outside Bus Aras late at night. The "people" you see are from a different planet and you would be praying they weren't getting the same bus as you. I've never seen more than one security guard on duty. Even they have their hands full trying to get certain people out.

It's shocking to hear of the other attacks elsewhere in the country. I would like to see newer buses fitted with assault screens to protect drivers. You shouldn't have to endure violence during your working day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭belfast stephen

All citybuses in the BE Fleet as far as I know are fitted with cab door security screens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

All citybuses in the BE Fleet as far as I know are fitted with cab door security screens

Yes you are correct. Are the new town service buses fitted with a cab door? I would like to see this on regional services too. I'm guessing that it would be costly and difficult to retrofit on older buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭belfast stephen

Yes the new streetlights are fitted as well not sure it could be done on coaches

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0913/1075767-bus-eireann-security/

Yeh see so many of you who use public transport would like the rest of us to use it.

Problem is we don't do policing or rule of law, basic justice system in this country.

Why would anyone even risk (even if it is small) leaving themselves open to abuse on public transport? Just want to go to from work, no agro.

Thanks but no thanks, i'll keep the car. Bus only on very odd occasions.

At the end of the day PT is unattractive in Ireland and security is not at the very top of concern but it's near the top.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Busaras is a ****hole in an undesirable location to boot. I've seen incidents over the years there, surprised it took so long to come to the fore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Busaras is a ****hole in an undesirable location to boot. I've seen incidents over the years there, surprised it took so long to come to the fore

When every feral scumbag with their free travel pass can get on a bus that late at night or just loiter undisturbed because there are no gardaí it's no surprise it attracts what it does especially given the area.

This is not only a night time thing either.

The best you get during the day is the living dead. It's junkie ville for the local clinics.

And like flies on sh!te the scumbags follow on.

That's how the city is run sadly.

And Store Street garda station right there as well which tells you all you need to know about policing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Luckily when I pass Búsaras throughout some periods every year; I don't get attacked there. It is very worrying & depressing that both drivers & commuters are getting attacked at Búsaras. I don't know what is the situation is with tourists when they go in or pass through the station either by walking or with going by in the Luas. It's about time that something is getting sorted by Bús Eireann in getting new extra security guards & CCTV cameras being fitted into the bus station. People need to be safe while going through the building to go on a bus either to a rural part of the country or to a commuter belt area.

I will be getting the bus there later this week. I hope I don't see anything that is considered bad or out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Many of times I have seen just the one security guy there throwing out people. As this is happening, another person is acting the maggot. I'm glad to see that they are getting additional security.

I would also like to see the station being opened to the public until the last bus departs. It's not a nice area of Dublin to be standing on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Proper transport police needed with batons, tazers, handcuffs and powers of arrest. They also need body cams so when they use reasonable force a scoby or scobette isn't able to make a violin story out of the event.

Advertisement