Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

• 13-06-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Is anyone else interested in this estate? There have been continued delays on the show house viewings and I have found the estate agents to be poor at responding, as well as inaccurate with their replies.

One final point, I was recently informed the houses are to be pre-fabricated. I have heard mixed opinions on this style of build. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I'm interested in the estate but without seeing a show house and having more detail not much to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Have prices been released yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 elliot895

conf101 wrote: »
    Have prices been released yet?

I understand that it is as below:
    3 bed semi detached - 395
    4 bed semi detached - 455
    4 bed detached - 475
    5 bed detached - 515

elliot895 wrote: »
    4 bed detached - 475
    5 bed detached - 515

Super. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hammy007

4 bed detached - 475
    5 bed detached - 515

In my opinion, while these houses look nice, they are overpriced by 25,000 - 35,000. Bigger new build houses in a more expensive area (Skerries) are going for 340k for a 4 bed semi-detached : http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/skerries/4-bed-semi-detached-houses-barnageeragh-cove-hamilton-hill-skerries-dublin-1440669/

The second hand 3 bed semi detached homes in Donabate usually go for 350k or less. The new Beresford ones were going for 340k last year or the year before.

New builds in other areas like Swords tend to be on par with the prices of second hand homes, and these ones are far higher. I'm not sure where they're getting their pricing from.

• Advertisement

Pushing 400K for a 3-bed is seriously pricey alright. I wonder what kind of interest there is in them

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Qwer

4 bed detached - 475
    5 bed detached - 515

The 455 is for an extended 4 bed, there is a 4 bed about 1450 sq feet at 435, the latest phase in beresford was 370 for a 3 bed and 430 for a 4 bed, most nice second hand 4beds in donabate seem to be priced at 435. rahillion is a steel frame constuction , seems to be manufactured by a company in meath. The same builder used the same construction method in kellets grove in dunshauglin, whether its any good or how it differs from a timber frame constuction house i have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hammy007

Qwer wrote: »
    The 455 is for an extended 4 bed, there is a 4 bed about 1450 sq feet at 435, the latest phase in beresford was 370 for a 3 bed and 430 for a 4 bed, most nice second hand 4beds in donabate seem to be priced at 435. rahillion is a steel frame constuction , seems to be manufactured by a company in meath. The same builder used the same construction method in kellets grove in dunshauglin, whether its any good or how it differs from a timber frame constuction house i have no idea.

Fair enough if the 4 bed is an extended and the normal ones are 435k- that would make a bit more sense. The price for the 3 bed is still ridiculously high. Even if latest phase of Beresford was 370k, why are these 395? That's a huge jump in housing prices in a very short amount of time. I'd hate to see what the phase 2 prices of the 3 beds will be.

Irish1913 wrote: »
    Interested to read this form, called agent about houses a few weeks ago. Plan of estate and houses look nice, decided before making decisions to do some research into their previous projects in Kildare/meath and called up to see previous estate in meath,spoke to resident up there who commented on builders being extremely slow and pushing out deadlines by months.

Thanks for your response. Can I ask you the name of the estates? I did some research and the only one I could come across completed by the builders was in dunshaughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

Appears Rahillion is finally being released this weekend; a spellcheck would have been useful :)
    Just a quick reminder that New Homes, Rahillion Donabate will be laughing this weekend, Saturday 1st July and Sunday 2nd July from 1pm to 3pm.

Open viewing from 1pm - 3pm no appointment needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

Raoul wrote: »

Only what I have seen above in this thread...and that matches with what I have heard.
    4 bed detached - 475
    5 bed detached - 515

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

sphinx501 wrote: »
    Only what I have seen above in this thread...and that matches with what I have heard.

Seems a bit ridiculous. Not sure I will even bother going to the viewing.

Went out to view the property last night, was impressed.

The 4 bed extended for 455 was very big and would be perfect for a family.

The 3 bed was very spacious also with a huge master bed room along with walk in wardrobe and a very large double bedroom.

I think myself and my other half will go for it

On view again today and tomorrow from 1-3pm.

If anyone else does go out to view let me know your thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Happy117

Has anyone else gone to see these house?I am thinking of going to view them this weekend. Interested to see what others thoughts are on them.

Went out to view the property last night, was impressed.

The 4 bed extended for 455 was very big and would be perfect for a family.

The 3 bed was very spacious also with a huge master bed room along with walk in wardrobe and a very large double bedroom.

I think myself and my other half will go for it

On view again today and tomorrow from 1-3pm.

If anyone else does go out to view let me know your thoughts!
    Went to see them on Friday also, had a booking deposit down since, April, based on floor plans and a computer generated image, we knew we wouldn't be signing contracts until seen showhouse, a lot nicer than i expected, really nice finish and some really nice features in both show houses, we will definitely be proceeding with purchase

Also went to see the houses over the weekend. Was very impressed with them. Both styles of houses have a lot to offer. The four bed has a spacious downstairs with some lovely features with four bedrooms upstairs two which were ensuite. The three bed has a large, bright master bedroom with walk in wardrobe, there is also a second large double room. My only issue was the size of the master bedroom in the four bed in comparison to that of the three bed. Other than that they are lovely houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

We went to see these houses on Saturday and now have a four bed reserved. Showhouses were 3 and 4 bed but there are 5 beds available too. 3 beds are very nice but significantly more living space in 4 bed which we need. Very happy with standard of kitchen and bathrooms. We have been looking at Swords/Malahide/Donabate area and these houses are definitely the nicest we've seen in this price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 talkinggal

interesting that the OP and all the others singing the priases of this development have less than 10 posts between them! ;)

i found it so interesting that I have registered to give my own opinion! :)

i'm local to the area and went to have a look on Saturday, partly to be nosey and partly because a family member is looking to buy a property.

all of the below is of course just my own opinion......
    my first impressions were based on price and yes i feel that the 3 beds are overpriced, especially considering how horrible they look from the outside (more about that below).

the 4 and 5 beds whilst pricewise seem a bit high, are probably in line with what prices in the area will be in a few months time going by the new bubble we seem to be creating.

in terms of the houses themselves we were only able to view the 4 bed semi and the 3 bed semi.

i found the bedroom sizes in the 4 bed to be small. the master bedroom was ok but not as big as the master in my own house. the rest of the house was ok and the gardens were small. Now maybe there is a chance to buy a house with a bigger garden but to be honest i didnt ask. the downstairs toilet was a good size. Visually, the house looked quite nice.

the 3 bed had a decent size master bedroom. Cant remember much about the other 2 bedrooms but i think i remember saying the box room was small.

the utility room and the downstairs toilet whilst a decent enough size, were one and the same room. A big no-no for me personally.

and the front of the house was in my opinion very ugly. not to my taste in any way.

i love the Donabate Portrane area. Really love it. I have been there 15 years. But If i was buying a family home now, I wouldnt buy there anymore. The council and the local area plan are set on building hundreds/thousands of new properties in the area over the next few years. Bear in mind we currently basically only have 2 roads into the town and a pinch point at a railway bridge which if there is an accident on it, would cause major problems getting out of donabate. We are currently approaching the 10,000 population mark (to be increased to 15000+ over the next few years). 2 out of the 3 primary schools I believe are oversubscribed and the boys primary isnt far behind. We have 2 pubs, 2 bookies, a supervalu, a couple of small shops/hairdressers, a couple of restaurants and a few takeaways. Thats basically it. No Garda station and little or no Garda presence. We have troublemakers coming in from outside the town, via the train and causing problems in the village on an almost weekly basis. Gards have to come from outside the town to deal with this. The lack of Garda presense is i'm sure the main reason these people come to cause hassle.

Basically we don't have the infrastructure to deal with the current population let alone the 50%+ increase that is planned.

I have no doubt these houses will sell out as people will buy anything just to get a home, however I would highly recommend any potential buyer to literally stop people in the street. Ask about the area. Ask about the infrastructure. Ask lots of questions.
    Also call into the houses near the development and ask the same.
    We have a great community spirit and I have no doubt that people would only be too happy to give their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

talkinggal wrote: »
    interesting that the OP and all the others singing the priases of this development have less than 10 posts between them! ;)

i'm local to the area and went to have a look on Saturday, partly to be nosey and partly because a family member is looking to buy a property.

my first impressions were based on price and yes i feel that the 3 beds are overpriced, especially considering how horrible they look from the outside (more about that below).

the 4 and 5 beds whilst pricewise seem a bit high, are probably in line with what prices in the area will be in a few months time going by the new bubble we seem to be creating.

in terms of the houses themselves we were only able to view the 4 bed semi and the 3 bed semi.

i found the bedroom sizes in the 4 bed to be small. the master bedroom was ok but not as big as the master in my own house. the rest of the house was ok and the gardens were small. Now maybe there is a chance to buy a house with a bigger garden but to be honest i didnt ask. the downstairs toilet was a good size. Visually, the house looked quite nice.

the 3 bed had a decent size master bedroom. Cant remember much about the other 2 bedrooms but i think i remember saying the box room was small.

the utility room and the downstairs toilet whilst a decent enough size, were one and the same room. A big no-no for me personally.

and the front of the house was in my opinion very ugly. not to my taste in any way.

i love the Donabate Portrane area. Really love it. I have been there 15 years. But If i was buying a family home now, I wouldnt buy there anymore. The council and the local area plan are set on building hundreds/thousands of new properties in the area over the next few years. Bear in mind we currently basically only have 2 roads into the town and a pinch point at a railway bridge which if there is an accident on it, would cause major problems getting out of donabate. We are currently approaching the 10,000 population mark (to be increased to 15000+ over the next few years). 2 out of the 3 primary schools I believe are oversubscribed and the boys primary isnt far behind. We have 2 pubs, 2 bookies, a supervalu, a couple of small shops/hairdressers, a couple of restaurants and a few takeaways. Thats basically it. No Garda station and little or no Garda presence. We have troublemakers coming in from outside the town, via the train and causing problems in the village on an almost weekly basis. Gards have to come from outside the town to deal with this. The lack of Garda presense is i'm sure the main reason these people come to cause hassle.

Basically we don't have the infrastructure to deal with the current population let alone the 50%+ increase that is planned.

I have no doubt these houses will sell out as people will buy anything just to get a home, however I would highly recommend any potential buyer to literally stop people in the street. Ask about the area. Ask about the infrastructure. Ask lots of questions.
    We have a great community spirit and I have no doubt that people would only be too happy to give their opinion.

I assure you talkingal that I am a genuine poster. Buying a house is a very big decision hence I registered to talk with like minded people here on boards.

I respect your opinion but really is a 4 bed 1550sq foot house with 3 double bedrooms small? You must live in a mansion😉 We have looked at 4 beds houses in Carrs Mill, Somerton and Beverton and non have been near this size.

I do however think you have raised some valid issues about amenities and infrastructure. We are also quite concerned about some of these issues.

• Advertisement

talkinggal wrote: »

I may be limited in my number of posts but trust me I look at the overall property forum daily….I treat it as a spectator sport normally though ;)

I also think the houses are overpriced…..but I think all houses in the Dublin market are overpriced apart from a few diamonds in the rough which are extremely rare…..so we have to accept the hand we are dealt….that is an inflated market and find the house that suits you most while offers what you personally consider as value.

As the last poster has said, I would love to see your house, it must be a palace. The 4 bed house has 4 double bedrooms in it, two of which is on suite. The master bedroom in the 3 bedroom is huge and includes a walk in wardrobe but maybe you are used to a different standard and size of living than what I would be.

I agree with you on how the front of the house looks….Im not overly enamored to it

I’m aware of the infrastructure comments you have raised and they are definitely a concern….but if you are going to raise them you may as well bring up some of the solutions that are in place such as the money for the bypass due to be built? My understanding is that building is due to commence on it before the end of the year and be developed in 18 months.

There are definitely limitations of the town but having spent a lot of time out and around the town over the past two months trying to decide what to do about the purchase I like it

On speaking to resident I obviously wouldn’t be so blind as to buy in an area I either know no one or have not spoken to neighbours, in this case I have done both to quite a large scale as I understand the magnitude of this decision. And listen I know I may get this one wrong, the market could crash, myself and my other half may not like donabate, the house may be too small, the steel frame structure (which is the concern that many have raised with me) may cause issues……if any of the above happens, it happens. But it will not be due to a lack of understand as to what I am getting myself into.

I really appreciate your comments above and the time it would have taken to write. When I started this thread I was hoping for an alternative to the positivity you have seen the above to ensure that I haven’t missed anything in the course of doing my due diligence!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 talkinggal

As the last poster has said, I would love to see your house, it must be a palace. The 4 bed house has 4 double bedrooms in it, two of which is on suite. The master bedroom in the 3 bedroom is huge and includes a walk in wardrobe but maybe you are used to a different standard and size of living than what I would be.

far from a palace but a 4 bed, 1500sq foot house with 2 ensuites. Maybe it's just the layout of my house is better. The master bedroom in my house is bigger than the 4 bed in this development. Or maybe the layout just gives that impression. I prefer the master bedroom in my house. The upstairs in mine just seems better laid out.

Yes, the master bedroom in the 3 bed is big and the walk-in wardrobe is a bonus. As far as I recall the en-suite in that room is large too? That room is the best part of that house in my opinion.

Don't forget to ask if the attic is convertable also. We are in the process of converting our attic and it adds so much space.

I’m aware of the infrastructure comments you have raised and they are definitely a concern….but if you are going to raise them you may as well bring up some of the solutions that are in place such as the money for the bypass due to be built? My understanding is that building is due to commence on it before the end of the year and be developed in 18 months.

That road has been proposed for at least the last 10 years so as a resident of the area I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp. I certainly don't see it being completed by the end of 2018.

To give an example of what I perceive to be bad planning. Going out of the village just past the new Maxol, there is planning permission in for 250 or so houses and apartments along with a creche. This is literally on the bend as you exit the village. That's an additional 750+ people with a potential 400+ cars. No road built yet. Not 1 extra train space proposed etc etc. All I'm saying is think very carefully before you buy. Look at the long term and not just the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Hi all.
    Thinking of moving to Donabate..just wondering where exactly Rahillon is located?
    And if you have viewed any houses in Beresford?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 1sttime1

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Thinking of moving to Donabate..just wondering where exactly Rahillon is located?

Thanks
    Drive straight through the village, past the leisure centre and Rahillon is the second right hand turn. Haven't looked at Beresford but have viewed Rahillon they are much nicer in the flesh so to speak than in the brochure.

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Hi all.

Thanks
    They are behind somerton and carrs mill estate, there is signs up at the moment, i have viewed beresford, they are very nice 3 different types of houses in good location. we felt rahillion suited our needs better, there is no show house in beresford, aidan hora who is to builder shows you one of the empty finished houses, i know they launched a phase a month or two ago not sure when the next phase is, i would say contact him to get on mailing list or cancellation list

We have decided to go ahead with a purchase in Rahillion also. The infrastructure and lack of amenities in the area is a concern, however this is something we hope will be rectified in the future as donabate really is a lovely place to live. We are hoping to be in by October which would be great. We also looked at Beresford they are nice houses, but houses in Rahillion are more spacious and the estate is smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭yannakis

Hey guys! Your new hood is now on Waze and it will be live in the app with the next update, typically a few days.

Here's a screenshot from the editor:
    NUr1SZm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Went to view the showhouses today. Really like the area and the open spaces around the estate. Hard to get an impression how much will remain after the estate is finished though.
    Houses were very nice, felt the gardens were just about acceptable size but definitely bigger than some new builds estates we've viewed.
    We're really interested in buying but have nagging feeling they're overpriced even in this market.
    Anyone familiar with the area know what traffic is like getting out of village and towards city weekdays in the morning?
    Also anyone's how's purchased how strict are they with the three week signing of contract after paying deposit? We've got a house to sell which will go v quickly but maybe not that quickly !

Hey, does anyone know, if builders have been on site lately, i pass by quite regularly and dont think ive seen any change in about 6 weeks?, (i know there was two weeks builders holidays)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Few builders out there this morning and a lad on a roof! No heavy vehicles though and site seems quiet enough

Advertisement