Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nilfisk E140 pressure washer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

PaulKK wrote: »
    For those that are looking for a decent pressure washer you won't go too far wrong with the Nilfisk E140. Its 140 bar or over 2k psi.

Currently on Amazon at £189 with free delivery to Ireland.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00H5W3WZG

This has been regularly at £270 and retails in Ireland at a lot higher price also. E.g. Argos at €320 https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1969102/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C19285823%7CPressure+washers%7C14418805/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418805%7CElectric+pressure+washers%7C14418806.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8296416

This is not to be confused with the lower end models, the 'E' range is for heavier usage with induction motors and have upgraded hoses.

I have an old C110 for approx 8 years which still operates fine apart from a burst hose.

I have bought this and its arriving tomorrow.

Well worth it at this price and seems to be the lowest price in a long time on this model.

Nilfisk are a great machine much better than karcher and that’s a great price - good spot op !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

shooter69 wrote:
    Nilfisk are a great machine much better than karcher and that’s a great price - good spot op !

How are they much better than karcher? That's a very strange statement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

tedpan wrote: »

how is that a strange statement? they are competing products similarly priced but nilfisks have metal impellers throughout the range AFAIK whereas the lower end karchers can be very hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Karcher are known to use plastic pumps and Nilfisk use aluminum ones on all of their machines.

From research and ownership Nilfisk are generally regarded as being superior to karcher for quite a while now.

how is that a strange statement? they are competing products similarly priced but nilfisks have metal impellers throughout the range AFAIK whereas the lower end karchers can be very hit and miss

PaulKK wrote:
    Karcher are known to use plastic pumps and Nilfisk use aluminum ones on all of their machines.

PaulKK wrote:
    From research and ownership Nilfisk are generally regarded as being superior to karcher for quite a while now.

It depends if you're comparing like for like. Low end Karcher units are pretty basic. But high end Karcher units are superior.

Maybe if you were comparing a specific model you could make that statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

It depends if you're comparing like for like. Low end Karcher units are pretty basic. But high end Karcher units are superior.

Maybe if you were comparing a specific model you could make that statement.

let me guess, you have a karcher?

let me guess, you have a karcher?

Lol, yes I've got a high end professional unit. Maybe certain models are better than others within each brand at the same price level.

Anyway, I don't doubt the nilfisk is a great unit and is a bargain at this price.

Lol, yes I've got a high end professional unit. Maybe certain models are better than others within each brand at the same price level.

Anyway, I don't doubt the nilfisk is a great unit and is a bargain at this price.

Agreed. I should have clarified that also. The high end units in both are definitely comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I agree with Shooter, I've dealt with both brands and Nilfisk are a far superior machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

I can anticipate the answer to this from you guys already, but there appears to be not far off same spec power washer in aldi for much less.
    Before I pull trigger on this, is it worth the extra cash in long run ?
    Ill just use for regular household patios etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Thanks PaulKK, I've been on the lookout for a decent pressure washer for the last couple of weeks and was going to chance a secondhand one for a few hundred euro until I read the reviews on this. Looks like a serious piece of equipment.
    Had a look at the Warehouse deals and got it for 164 sterling including the 2 year warranty, an excellent start to the bank holiday!
    Many thanks again.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Thanks PaulKK, I've been on the lookout for a decent pressure washer for the last couple of weeks and was going to chance a secondhand one for a few hundred euro until I read the reviews on this. Looks like a serious piece of equipment.
    Had a look at the Warehouse deals and got it for 164 sterling including the 2 year warranty, an excellent start to the bank holiday!
    Many thanks again.

Are they used in warehouse deals ? Or shop soiled type thing ?

Sasso wrote: »
    Are they used in warehouse deals ? Or shop soiled type thing ?

Usually sent back to Amazon after a change of mind by the original buyer and then cannot be sold legally as brand new.
    Worse thing I ever had with a warehouse purchase was slight damage to packaging which doesn't bother me but is enough for some people to return without accepting from the courier.
    Everything sold from the warehouse has same warranty as new.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Many thanks again.

Nice one. Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow, I already have a snow foam lance so the cars are going to get some going over to test it out!

I can anticipate the answer to this from you guys already, but there appears to be not far off same spec power washer in aldi for much less.
    Before I pull trigger on this, is it worth the extra cash in long run ?
    Ill just use for regular household patios etc.

I think I read before that the aldi washer had a max output of the advertised pressure but that was not it's average output.

Main advantage of Nilfisk is availability of parts and accessory's. Plus as mentioned I've owned one for 8 years and been very happy with it. I'd also hazard a guess that the aldi one wouldn't match the build quality of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Does it draw from a static water source or water butt?

DaraDali wrote: »
    Does it draw from a static water source or water butt?

Not being rude but these questions were asked on amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ask/questions/asin/B00H5W3WZG/ref=ask_mdp_dpmw_ql_hza?isAnswered=true
    Q: will it work from a water butt or barrel?

A: The manual says it can but not tried it. This was one reason for the choice...just in case…

Received this today but haven't had a chance to use it. Just assembled it there now.

Very pleased with it, the hose seems much better than the c110 in that it is a more soft feel type which doesn't seem like it will kink/damage easily. It is also a good length compared to my c110. Be aware that it is not a full rubber hose like on high end or petrol washers, but it certainly seems to be more than up to the job.

Build quality is top notch as usual and assembly was very simple.

Its a heavy machine (>18kg) but it has a telescopic handle which makes it easy to move around.

I think its definitely a bargain at this price, to get something similar in the K brand will cost you a lot more for this kind of spec locally:

http://www.woodies.ie/garden-and-outdoor/garden-powertools/pressure-washers/karcher-k5-premium-full-control-plus-home-pressure-washer-1135023

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

A comparable karcher would be the K5 premium. Retails well in excess of £300. The nilfisk is a no brainer at that price.

Sasso, the Aldi units pack a very decent punch indeed for usually around €100, so basically half price of the nilfisk. I’ve no doubt the build quality of the nilfisk would be superior but for general, non demanding infrequent use, And with an excellent no quibble 3yr warranty, the Aldi unit represents great value and is more than up to most tasks that you could throw at it. Again, I’m not taking away from the OP; it’s a very good deal.

Mine still not even dispatched yet. Other people the same I suppose ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Mine still not even dispatched yet. Other people the same I suppose ?

I only purchased mine from Amazon Warehouse on Fri, and no progress since.

Mine took a couple of days to dispatch then it came through Germany.

Was probably 10 days until it arrived from ordering.

Used it Friday on the cars. Very impressed its a great machine.

Ordered mine from the warehouse on the 30th, it was dispatched on the 2nd and should be delivered tomorrow.

Looking forward to doing the footpaths around the house and the cars badly need a clean too.

Waited all day Tuesday for delivery, no sign of it and tracking wasn't updated in a week.

Contacted Amazon yesterday evening when it still hadn't arrived and was assured it would arrive today and was offered first 5 then 10 pounds credit as compensation for waiting in all day.

Contacted Amazon today after checking tracking (which said I was contacted about delivery this morning which I wasn't), they assured me there was no problem it will be delivered today. My previous complaint and "an investigation" was mentioned.

Just finished complaining on the chat feature they have after waiting in all day again. Was offered £7, then £16.47 (10%) refund and am waiting for a manager to email me.

If he's anything like the bloody courier I could be in for a long wait.

EVENTUALLY arrived today and frankly disappointed with delivery and state of arrival. Haven't even opened it and I've emailed a complaint to Amazon. I ordered the new full price at 189 and not the mentioned warehouse deal delivery.
    I got warehouse obviously cos this box has been opened more often than Fifi's. There is more sellotape than box and it looks like a sad deflated collapsed version of its old original packaging.
    Got straight on to email complaint as there was a 25 uk pound differential.
    Not impressed. Waiting on response before I even open, and that's disappointing for a large parcel sitting in hall.

Got mine delivered on Wed (warehouse deal), and from the outside you could see more duct tape than box! @Sasso's box description sounds very similar, they must have messed it up somehow!

Device condition is perfect nevertheless, all accessories were in, and will also test it one of these days to tick the last box.

Can I ask - do we need to feed this through a bucket of some sort, or is it ok to hook it up to the outside tap? My outside tap comes through the pressure pump that's inside the house if that makes a difference.

yannakis wrote: »
    Got mine delivered on Wed (warehouse deal), and from the outside you could see more duct tape than box! @Sasso's box description sounds very similar, they must have messed it up somehow!

Device condition is perfect nevertheless, all accessories were in, and will also test it one of these days to tick the last box.

Can I ask - do we need to feed this through a bucket of some sort, or is it ok to hook it up to the outside tap? My outside tap comes through the pressure pump that's inside the house if that makes a difference.

Can I ask what company delivered it yannakis?

Still waiting on mine here, it's very frustrating. I would have thought a courier would jump through hoops for a big contract like Amazon deliveries, starting to think there's a very clean courier van driving around somewhere and mine is gone missing.

You can hook it up to the outside tap and belt away, I think it also works from a barrel.

Not sure how it's journey started (didn't check that part), but it was delivered by AnPost.

That's strange lads. Mine was delivered in perfect condition. It was sealed with sellotape which I thought unusual but it was definitely brand new.

• Advertisement

Emailed Amazon late last night to complain. In fairness email response within few hours. Immediate resolution of replacement dispatched. I've to return first one. I was hinting at just getting the differential of 25 pounds refund as im sure contents are ok just was disappointed in state of parcel when first arrived as paid dearer price. We'll see how quick second replacement one takes to arrive.

Advertisement