Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2019

• 01-11-2019 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭jellybear

*I had posted a thread last night but it won't open for me so will try again!*

Well guys, with Hallowe'en over it's time to turn our attention to our annual Secret Santa event!

Any type of pet is welcome, the standard and the more.. unusual! So whether they have fur, scales, feathers or spines, all are welcome here.

A couple of little ground rules : 
    -You can enter as many pets as you like, and you will be buying presents for an equal number of pets.
    -You can build or buy your presents, but the spending limit is €10. You can get very creative on a budget!
    -You must have at least 100 posts on boards to enter to ensure all entries are genuine.
    -Entries will be limited to 30 this year so please get them in asap!
    -Please include the owners name on the postal address to avoid confusion for the poor posties who are busy enough this time of year! The pet's name should be included elsewhere (eg. Patch, C/O John Smith) as some people enter multiple pets.
    -Please include a return address on the package to avoid any losses and last minute gift buying and emergency posting!

So now that all that is out of the way, here’s what I need from you!
    Your Details
    -Your Name – Make sure that the package will reach you, you can use your full name or initials.
    -Your Address – this will be treated with the strictest confidence. This can be your home address, or a c/o address/ work address!
    -EirCode

Your pet’s details
    -Species:
    -Pet’s name (optional):
    -Is food allowed: (note that some animals may suffer from allergies)
    -Likes/Dislikes:

Closing date for entries : November 15th

Posting dates : 2nd to 6th December (you are welcome to send them off before this!)

Opening date : 23rd of December

* In relation to GDPR, please delete the info I send you (including PMs in your boards.ie folders and any notifications you receive in your email account) when you confirm you have posted your parcel *

This thread will be a fun place to discuss all the happenings, so please PM me if there are any problems!

Let the fun begin :D

Comments

• Your thread was working. There's something up with boards. Keep getting 404 trying to open threads and can't see the stickies in most forums.

I had planned not to enter this year but just reading this has made me feel all Christmassy and excited so now I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh thanks so much for letting me know it's working!:) Better get one of them deleted so otherwise I'll be completely confused :P
    As Mrs Doyle would say, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Oh I will enter some of mine so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Oh yes please!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In please! :)

First Christmas with our pup very excited :)

• Advertisement

Great to see people signing up! Don't forget to pop me a PM with the info needed, name species etc (the list is in my first post) whenever you get the chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Count my two girls in please, I'll pm details shortly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Please may I ask what I hope is an intelligent question? If not , forgive me please!

Are we informed what critter we are giving for? eg cat. dog, rat, pony! So the gift can be appropriate?

Blessings and thanks

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please may I ask what I hope is an intelligent question? If not , forgive me please!

Are we informed what critter we are giving for? eg cat. dog, rat, pony! So the gift can be appropriate?

Blessings and thanks

Of course you can ask. Any questions welcome here!:)

Yes, you will be given the exact same information you provide eg. Name, species, if food is allowed, likes, dislikes etc.

Hope that helps!
    Have 6 confirmed entries so far so would love some more....the doggies are also leading the entries by a long shot so lets get some cats, bunnies, horses, fish, birds etc entered :P

jellybear wrote: »
    Of course you can ask. Any questions welcome here!:)

Yes, you will be given the exact same information you provide eg. Name, species, if food is allowed, likes, dislikes etc.

Hope that helps!
    Have 6 confirmed entries so far so would love some more....the doggies are also leading the entries by a long shot so lets get some cats, bunnies, horses, fish, birds etc entered :P

Apologies as I did not express that very well! I am limited as to what I can acquire to give as I am out at sea! So I need it to be a cat I give to. Or a small dog.

If that is possible then I will enter one of my five cats! Please.

• Advertisement

Apologies as I did not express that very well! I am limited as to what I can acquire to give as I am out at sea! So I need it to be a cat I give to. Or a small dog.

If that is possible then I will enter one of my five cats! Please.

Have sent you a PM :)

If you get stuck I will enter something different then a dog!

Knine wrote: »
    If you get stuck I will enter something different then a dog!

I enter our piggies too, they love getting treats!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Do you guys realise this is our 10th annual secret santa :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Forgive me first year doing this who do I PM is it you Jellybear and what do you need?

Loughc wrote: »
    Forgive me first year doing this who do I PM is it you Jellybear and what do you need?

Forgiven :P Glad to see you over this side of Boards :D Yep PM me with the following :) :

Your Details
    -Your Name – Make sure that the package will reach you, you can use your full name or initials.
    -Your Address – this will be treated with the strictest confidence. This can be your home address, or a c/o address/ work address!
    -EirCode

Your pet’s details
    -Species:
    -Pet’s name (optional):
    -Is food allowed: (note that some animals may suffer from allergies)
    -Likes/Dislikes:

Just a reminder that the closing date is next Friday the 15th for anyone thinking of entering, who hasn't already PMd me :)

Just a reminder that the closing date is next Friday the 15th for anyone thinking of entering, who hasn't already PMd me :)

Just checking you got my details? Getting absentminded with the cold weather :eek: :D

Just checking you got my details? Getting absentminded with the cold weather :eek: :D

Yes, I got them.

Last week for entries so get them in soon ;) I'll be doing the draw at 8pm Friday!

• Advertisement

Last call for entries :) I'll be doing the draw at 8pm and will send out PMs over the weekend :)

Holy moly that was a busy evening!! Using one hand, on my mobile with an 11 week old baby on my lap I've somehow managed to send all PMs!! I really hope I haven't made any mistakes :D Any issues, let me know!

Please read the final section carefully as it gives you all the info I need such as letting me know when you both send and receive your parcel.

Happy shopping all!!:)

Many many thanks to jellybear! Who accomplished the fastest "troubleshooting" ever and thus enabled me in this remote island stormy winter, to take part.. THANk YOU!

Holy moly that was a busy evening!! Using one hand, on my mobile with an 11 week old baby on my lap I've somehow managed to send all PMs!! I really hope I haven't made any mistakes :D Any issues, let me know!

Please read the final section carefully as it gives you all the info I need such as letting me know when you both send and receive your parcel.

Happy shopping all!!:)

Hope everyone is getting on well with their Secret Santa shopping :D

A few pressies are already on their way so keep an eye out for your Postie ;)

Just a reminder to PM me when you send and receive your present. Posting is from Monday till Friday next week but feel free to send yours earlier if you want :)

It's now the official week for posting so all packages must be sent by Friday to avoid any delays :)

Please PM me when you send your package and when you receive a package. Thank you!!:)

Thanks for the reminder :D

My inbox has been pretty quiet so I'm hoping people remember!:D

My inbox has been pretty quiet so I'm hoping people remember!:D

Ours will be out in todays post (I hope!) if not will definitely be in the mornings post...

Great job guys!! It seems that all parcels are their way or will be by Monday and some have even received theirs!! Thanks so much for making this run so smoothly. Yis are a great bunch ;) Now the long wait till opening day!!:D

• Advertisement

Both my packages arrived today :)

Advertisement