Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

South Amercia Budget

• 10-04-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm thinkin of finally settin off backpacking around s. america.

I'm planning (if possible) 12 months of travelling with maybe settling in a few places for weeks at a time.

As anyone everydone anything like this? What kinda moneys did you have?? Was food, accomadtion, transport alot cheaper or did they burn tourists?

any info wud be greatly appricated
    thanks
    paulie

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Really hard to say. I tried to stick to $1000 a month, but it came coser to E1000.
    I spent something like E1600 in month in Argentina, because Christmas and New Years were expensive.
    Only spent a few hundred in Bolivia because it's so cheap.
    Day trips are usually around $40 so depends how many f those you want to do.
    Hostels average around $10 in the Southern countries, Peru and Bolivia were cheaper.

Will you be staying in dorms? Living on rice?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭paulieeye

dory wrote: »
    Really hard to say. I tried to stick to $1000 a month, but it came coser to E1000.
    I spent something like E1600 in month in Argentina, because Christmas and New Years were expensive.
    Only spent a few hundred in Bolivia because it's so cheap.
    Day trips are usually around $40 so depends how many f those you want to do.
    Hostels average around $10 in the Southern countries, Peru and Bolivia were cheaper.

Will you be staying in dorms? Living on rice?

Thanks.

Ended up being around what u said. €1000 a month in the cheaper places (Peru, Boliva) and over €1500 in Argentina and Chile.

Course might be a bit different now! :pac:

Advertisement