Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I mean in general when people think a relative has left something somewhere for them to see,

Just interested to see do people think it materialise or is it taken there

My theory is that the "thing" was always there, and only now - at some special moment - does the person become able or ready to see it. And then they see it.

Day Lewin wrote: »
    My theory is that the "thing" was always there, and only now - at some special moment - does the person become able or ready to see it. And then they see it.

My father, a very quiet, and so often depressed man in life, seemed always to have given us small but amazing little signs in death.

Has anybody stayed in a repudetdly haunted hotel and experienced things that went bump in the night? Would love some day to stay in tbe Hastings hotel up in Glenarm, but it’s expensive and the haunted tower rooms especially so. Also I tend to travel solo and might get a bit too scared up there in the tower! There are several other hotels reputed to be haunted, eg Bushmills Inn, Renvyle House, Dobbin’s in Carrickfergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Has anybody stayed in a repudetdly haunted hotel and experienced things that went bump in the night? Would love some day to stay in tbe Hastings hotel up in Glenarm, but it’s expensive and the haunted tower rooms especially so. Also I tend to travel solo and might get a bit too scared up there in the tower! There are several other hotels reputed to be haunted, eg Bushmills Inn, Renvyle House, Dobbin’s in Carrickfergus.

I mentioned here before in a post that I stayed above the Algiers pub in Baltimore west cork when I worked as a guide. The pub at the time was closed but the rooms upstairs were made available for tour guides in my case. Every time I stayed I was woken by tugging of the bed sheets between 3-4 am it was a very disturbing feeling in that place. I think stupidity had me return each time I did a tour down there.
    In the end one night I was too creeped out and so I slept in the back of my van.
    I've written a post about it 2-3 years or so ago. I can't find the link right now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Searches posts by poster and keyword*

Is this it? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106271046

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭buried

Shelbourne Hotel, one of the floors is supposedly haunted by a young waneen

Renvyle House Hotel, Co Galway is supposedly haunted by W.B. Yeats, one particular room.

Going to try stay in both these places some stage this year

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    Shelbourne Hotel, one of the floors is supposedly haunted by a young waneen

Renvyle House Hotel, Co Galway is supposedly haunted by W.B. Yeats, one particular room.

Going to try stay in both these places some stage this year

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/shelbourne-hotel-haunted-spooked-staff-6940121

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Stayed in renvyle and it was amazingly peaceful and rejuvanative.

Heard nothing about a haunted room while there

Stayed in renvyle and it was amazingly peaceful and rejuvanative.

Heard nothing about a haunted room while there

There was a documentary years ago about 'Haunted Ireland' places and all that, this thing was made in the 70's or that, that's where I first heard about it, that doc said it was him. Just googled there and this came up

https://www.dailyedge.ie/most-haunted-places-ireland-1577445-Jul2014/

• Advertisement

That Renvyle place does look class too. Bit of a 'Overlook Hotel' vibe from it, but by a nice lake

This is the documentary I was on about. So cool. Why they can't make programmes like this no more, feic knows. Done in a few parts here uploaded to youtubez.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Got up during the night to go the loo.We sleep downstairs.Only put the landing light on and seen a black shadow fly across the wall.Gave me the heebie jeebies.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Got up during the night to go the loo.We sleep downstairs.Only put the landing light on and seen a black shadow fly across the wall.Gave me the heebie jeebies.

A bat flying past the window, cast the shadow from the landing light?
    (Its really too cold still for bats to wake up but if it is hibernating in your house then it may have warmed up enough.)

Or a bird outdoors, disturbed from its sleep by a hunting cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Playing toys with my sister one night, hear an echoey voice call out from my mum and dads room, it was coming from the top right of the room as if in the attic. My sister and me just looked at each other in shock and got up slowly ready to leg it down the stairs. As we passed the room, the voice, whatever the hell it was called out again. Christ we ran like the clappers. No idea what it was but the voice was coming from an uninhabited(attic was dark and unconverted at this stage) part of the house. There could have been someone up there who broke in living unknown to us I guess which is the only alternative

For the record it must have been my dad but it wasn’t my dad, the trajectory of the voice was unmistakable. If someone asks me do zi believe in ghosts, I’d say no, but I heard what I heard. I’ll probably only know the day I draw my last breath.

Day Lewin wrote: »
    A bat flying past the window, cast the shadow from the landing light?
    (Its really too cold still for bats to wake up but if it is hibernating in your house then it may have warmed up enough.)

Or a bird outdoors, disturbed from its sleep by a hunting cat.

No bats and its quite an enclosed place.It just shook me up.Cause we used to have some **** happen here.But has been quiet for the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

No bats and its quite an enclosed place.It just shook me up.Cause we used to have some **** happen here.But has been quiet for the last few years

Obvious follow up question...

What kind of ****

Obvious follow up question...

What kind of ****

Seeing dark shadows,noises,

I was in the back bedroom feeding my youngest son.My middle son comes out of the toilet.In to his bedroom he goes.Literally 2 seconds later the same son comes up the stairs.

Beds being moved around upstairs.Footsteps and smells.

But its been quiet here for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 smartyfarts

a guy stood in the middle of the road last night outside a pub trying to wave me down. I slowed down so he thought I was stopping. then when he started to walk to my window, I sped off. I also nearly ran over a cat before this happened. I was on my way to Tesco to buy a king size duvet at 9:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

But its been quiet here for a few years.

That's what The Beast wants you to think.

• Advertisement

That's what The Beast wants you to think.

Feck off:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Working a late shift in Dell years ago (when they were based in Bray). Not too many people were knocking around, opened the door to a dimly lit corridor leading to the main canteen and a canteen tray trolley was making it's way towards me along the corridor.

I could see through the trolley and that nobody was pushing it from the other side. The trays on the trolley were bouncing up and down.

It's the only time I've fully been freaked out by something and still have no explanation as to what was propelling the trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I was in the back bedroom feeding my youngest son.My middle son comes out of the toilet.In to his bedroom he goes.Literally 2 seconds later the same son comes up the stairs.

Did you not jump up and follow him into his room to see the two of them? Which one wasn't the real middle son?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Working a late shift in Dell years ago (when they were based in Bray). Not too many people were knocking around, opened the door to a dimly lit corridor leading to the main canteen and a canteen tray trolley was making it's way towards me along the corridor.

I could see through the trolley and that nobody was pushing it from the other side. The trays on the trolley were bouncing up and down.

It's the only time I've fully been freaked out by something and still have no explanation as to what was propelling the trolley.

How close did you get to the trolley?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

How close did you get to the trolley?

When I opened the door to the corridor the trolley was maybe 10 feet from me. It was coming in my direction, slightly faster than walking pace. It got to within maybe 5 foot of me before I quickly turned around and returned to my office.

JaCrispy wrote: »
    When I opened the door to the corridor the trolley was maybe 10 feet from me. It was coming in my direction, slightly faster than walking pace. It got to within maybe 5 foot of me before I quickly turned around and returned to my office.

Maybe the corridor was slightly sloping: someone at the other end had pushed the trolley and it just rolled?

Would there have been an almighty crash behind you when it hit the door?

Did you not jump up and follow him into his room to see the two of them? Which one wasn't the real middle son?

I did but there was only one of him in there.And him and my eldest look nothing alike.So it wasnt him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭oceanman

a guy stood in the middle of the road last night outside a pub trying to wave me down. I slowed down so he thought I was stopping. then when he started to walk to my window, I sped off. I also nearly ran over a cat before this happened. I was on my way to Tesco to buy a king size duvet at 9:30pm.
    think you might be in the wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I did but there was only one of him in there.And him and my eldest look nothing alike.So it wasnt him either.

That reminds me of a similarly weird situation with my youngest, I'm sure I posted it before but not tech enough to find it. She ran down a path past my car in front of me, I was calling her back but she kept going with me running after her. The path turned at a right angle and as I ran around after her she was gone. I looked all around, was calling her in a panic, I actually thought she had hidden on me. There was no sign of her. I turned and went back the way I came and there she was standing back at the car. She 100% had not passed me on her way back to the car and the path was the only route to take. She told me she had not seen me either on her way back. I still can't figure it out till this day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Not really creepy or unnerving, more of a coincidence but strange all the same. About 2 weeks after my granddad died I went to a new restaurant in town with some friends. The restaurant menus where inside the covers of old childrens books - like hard back Beano book covers with the menu attached inside, the book covers where recycled as they had childrens scribbles and drawings on them. So I opened my menu only to find my granddads full name signed in on the inside cover.

Advertisement