Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nissan Sat Nav update ?

• 25-02-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is an updated DVD for Nissans Sat Nav system ?. I was one of the people suckered into buying a Primera SVE in 2005 only to find that the so called Sat Nav system is only good for the major city's in Ireland and even then, a lot of roads are still missing, little Island in Cork is a case in point. The complaints that followed had the Sat Nav being taken off the 2006 and 2007 SVE's, but now I notice that the Sat Nav system is being flogged again as an optional extra on the Qashqai and I assume, is fitted as standard to the T-Spec Primera. Has anyone bought a 2008 model and if so, what kind of detail is available on the Sat Nav ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How do you feel you were suckered? All sat navs have yearly updates that need to be bought. It most likely had maps that were finalised in early 04. Theres been a lot of new roads/estates ect in the 4 years since.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have you tried asking Nissan?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainman1

Stekelly wrote: »
    How do you feel you were suckered? All sat navs have yearly updates that need to be bought. It most likely had maps that were finalised in early 04. Theres been a lot of new roads/estates ect in the 4 years since.
    I felt suckered because they sold a system that was totally out of date, claiming that updates would be available, this of course never happened, as you quite rightly pointed out all sat navs have yearly updates that need to be bought, well not all, because Nissan have not offered any updates in 3 years. Yes I have rang Nissan and they quite openly say that they have no idea, therefore I am just curious to know what is on offer on new cars, as they have just started offering sat nav again on their Irish models again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No, that's a third party system, I'm talking about Nissans own Sat Nav system that's built into the car.

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/Nissan_primera_files/CK3100-nav-04.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭T J Hooker

I ordered an update disc for a customer of mine who had a 05 sve. I think we got it from Windsor in Dublin for around €350 incl vat. Should be readily available from all Nissan Main Dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Can a Primera with the screen /reversing camera be upgraded to incorporate the sat-nav?

Thanks T J, this is finally getting promising, did your customer remark on the detail available on the full map ?, the last time I contacted Nissan, they said that they now had full mapping available, only to be presented with the same DVD that I already had, but in fairness this was about 18 months ago, if there is now full Irish coverage I would be very happy to pay the €350 for the DVD.

jimmycrackcorm, the answer to your question is yes, I've seen it done in the UK, you will need to install a new centre console with the sat nav system, but the whole thing will plug directly into your existing loom.
    By far the cheapest way of doing this is to source a crashed/scrapped SVE (probably in the UK) and buy the unit secondhand. You can easily source this without any hassle by using an online servce such as Parts Finder http://www.partsfinder.co.uk/ which will automatically email breakers all over the UK with your request, they will then contact you if they have the part.

Rainman1 wrote: »
    Thanks T J, this is finally getting promising, did your customer remark on the detail available on the full map ?, the last time I contacted Nissan, they said that they now had full mapping available, only to be presented with the same DVD that I already had, but in fairness this was about 18 months ago, if there is now full Irish coverage I would be very happy to pay the €350 for the DVD.

No unfortunately he didn't comment on it, all he said was that with the update his estate in Lucan was now on the sat nav. If I remember correctly he said his estate was only a few months old, so judging by that the update available now must be pretty bang up to date.

That sounds great, thank you so much for this information T J, Nissan here in Cork seem to be clueless about updates, so I will deal with Windsor in Dublin. It sounds like they have finally got their act together with the DVD, this board, or more accurately, the people who post here, are by far the best source of quality information, thanks again

• Advertisement

No problem ring Windsor Liffey Valley 01 620 00 00 or Windsor Airside 01 870 87 00 or alternatively ring E P Mooney 01 419 58 00. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

After 3 years im going to guess they have it sorted ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement