Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Whisky/Whiskey are we drinking this month?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

odyssey06 wrote:
    Really enjoyed the first Speyside tasting so signed up for round 2. Thursday night though, hmm

odyssey06 wrote:
    Skipped the Powers tasting - already attended a Powers tasting this year with Derek. Would really recommend it, hopefully they will send out some Pot Still Signature Release for ye to appreciate

I missed the first speyside with work so I'm looking forward to it. Think it's on Thursday because they have the 2nd Japanese one on the Thursday. Got the Powers one even though I have a bottle of John Lane and Three Swallows as I'm a big fan of the brand so it'll be good to listen to the talk.

Cazale wrote:
    I missed the first speyside with work so I'm looking forward to it. Think it's on Thursday because they have the 2nd Japanese one on the Thursday. Got the Powers one even though I have a bottle of John Lane and Three Swallows as I'm a big fan of the brand so it'll be good to listen to the talk.

The Japanese one is on the Friday I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Proper 12 is a 4 year old Bushmills.

I think odyssey06 understands that. The comment still makes no sense.
    Bushmills is 3rd. Proper12 is 4th.
    Combined they are still 3rd.

Notwithstanding, combining them is ridiculous. Proper12 isn't owned by Bushmills. Separate company with separate budgets and marketing. The fact it's made by Bushmills is irrelevant. How many brands are produced by the IDL factory in Midleton?
    Most whiskey brands are selling spirit distilled by somebody else, especially those set up only a few years

Regardless of anything else, to get to 200k+ cases in 18 months is a achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Mellor wrote: »
    I think odyssey06 understands that. The comment still makes no sense.
    Bushmills is 3rd. Proper12 is 4th.
    Combined they are still 3rd.

Notwithstanding, combining them is ridiculous. Proper12 isn't owned by Bushmills. Separate company with separate budgets and marketing. The fact it's made by Bushmills is irrelevant. How many brands are produced by the IDL factory in Midleton?
    Most whiskey brands are selling spirit distilled by somebody else, especially those set up only a few years

Regardless of anything else, to get to 200k+ cases in 18 months is a achievement.

Yes I carelessly skim read the article and the picture of Conor Mcgregor mislead me so everyone can stop phoning in the mistake, I got it I made an error.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Yes I carelessly skim read the article and the picture of Conor Mcgregor mislead me so everyone can stop phoning in the mistake, I got it I made an error.

Sorry man, did mean to sound like I was having a go.
    Haven't had my whiskey this morning

• Advertisement

cloudatlas wrote:

Unacceptable. You should be made drink Proper 12 as punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

No dream cask for me anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Hogzy wrote: »

Me neither

No joy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Got a bottle of Bunnahabhain Stiùireadair today. Normally wary of NAS but I absolutely love the unique taste of the 12 year old so I'm hoping this is just a nice peated version...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the first Speyside tasting so signed up for round 2.
    Thursday night though, hmm :(

I signed up too after hearing about it here. The Powers session sold out quickly but the Speyside II is still going. Thurs night is perfect for me. Looking forward to it!

Cazale wrote: »
    No joy either.

Nor me.

I’d imagine there will be multiple rounds with large number of people entering with no real intention of buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I'm one of the lucky ones.

Let's see how long before they ship.

Got my other half to enter the ballot too and she hasnt received any email back from them saying whether she won or not. Its not in her junk folder either.:mad:

Hogzy wrote:
    Got my other half to enter the ballot too and she hasnt received any email back from them saying whether she won or not. Its not in her junk folder either.

She's keeping it for herself!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

Got my other half to enter the ballot too and she hasnt received any email back from them saying whether she won or not. Its not in her junk folder either.:mad:

It didn’t take long for them to appear online for sale. More than double the original price. Bloody flippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I got one. Cant believe my luck. I got 1 last year as well. So chuffed. I wish I had a DC1 to complete the collection....

Tickets on sale now to join Teeling Master Distiller, Alex Chasko, on June 18th (7pm, Dublin Time) for a live virtual tasting of 5 Rare Dublin Distilled Teeling Whiskeys in celebration of our distillery’s 5th Birthday. Tickets:

https://t.co/yrw83wt9G0

Cazale wrote:
    Tickets on sale now to join Teeling Master Distiller, Alex Chasko, on June 18th (7pm, Dublin Time) for a live virtual tasting of 5 Rare Dublin Distilled Teeling Whiskeys in celebration of our distillery’s 5th Birthday. Tickets:

No brainer this one. That means in the next two weeks I'm now doing:

L Mulligans Japanese tasting
    Talk Drams Grace O'Malley tasting
    L Mulligans Speyside tasting
    Teelings 5th Birthday tasting
    L Mulligans Powers tasting

Time to buy the missus another bottle of gin I think.

Signed up for this aswell! Its weird how the description page doesnt mention anything about them actually sending you any whiskey lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

it mentions it on checkout:
    join Teeling Master Distiller, Alex Chasko, for a live virtual tasting in celebration of our distillery’s 5th Birthday. Join us for the unique chance to taste 5 different whiskeys that have been fully distilled in the Teeling Distillery, including the rare liquid elements of our Single Pot Still Whiskey, a component of our future 100% Dublin distilled Single Malt & a sneak peak of an unreleased Peated Single Malt.

There are only a limited amount of tickets available so please purchase your tickets ASAP. T&Cs apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tickets still available.

Do they mail out the samples. I enjoy teelings and wouldn't mind signing up for it.

It didn’t take long for them to appear online for sale. More than double the original price. Bloody flippers.

Where did you see them for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Signed up for the teeling event as well. Missed out on the mulligans events so far so I'm pleased to get a chance to take part. Did seem a bit light on details but i presume will find out more closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yeah decided to sign up for it too.
    Looking forward to it.

Cazale wrote:

Sold out now.

Cazale wrote: »
    Series 3 has just been released and it's back to a sherry finish. 11 years in bourbon and then finished for three years in Pedro Ximénez casks at 49.5%. Might try get a sample to compare all three together.

This is they sherry that was in the casks beforehand. Be interesting to try a sample side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

• Advertisement

There was a load of DC 20's available from Denmark last year too. Theres some fella somehow buying them all up and selling at a huge profit. Its such a shame to see it. There are so many fans and long time supporters of IDL who have lost out to these pricks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement