Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Have MT or Syran posted a summer forecast yet?

Sryan said he was going to post his on 28th May. I hope it's good for June we're going to Kerry for our holidays then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Very nice again in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭highdef

Artane2002 wrote: »

Good to know. Sunny in North Kildare but looks like a band of very thick Haze/high cloud moving into the Dublin/east coast region. I'm heading to Dublin shortly and didn't want to experience driving from beautiful cloud to think high cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Very very hazy here little or no sun now and not warm still a breeze there.

highdef wrote: »
    Good to know. Sunny in North Kildare but looks like a band of very thick Haze/high cloud moving into the Dublin/east coast region. I'm heading to Dublin shortly and didn't want to experience driving from beautiful cloud to think high cloud.

In Dublin now and it's cloudy. Alas, my suspicions have been confirmed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

pauldry wrote: »
    The satellite showing cloud very close to Ireland

Will tomorrow turn out cloudy like Sunday here which was supposed to be sunny in Sligo but wasnt.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Artane2002 wrote: »

It's nice but gone a bit cloudy.. still warm though

Was blue skies earlier

Id say updated met Eireann forecast will mention cloudy spells but last night that was blatantly obvious so dont know why they didnt update earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Overcast in West Clare.

Extremely bizzare that the the last two days haven't had a single mention of this cloud on any forecast, despite it covering a significant part of the western side of the country. 17.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Overcast, breezly and not too warm in Cork City atm. About the same temp as yesterday but feeling much cooler without the sun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Absolutely glorious weather here in the north Eastern side of the Shannon Estuary....

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Absolutely glorious weather here in the north Eastern side of the Shannon Estuary....

The where?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The where?

east Clare I presume? :D

lawred2 wrote: »
    east Clare I presume? :D

Perhaps! Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The where?

Ok get out a map and check out where in the Shannon Estuary you could say its the north Eastern side of the waterway, before it goes more into the brackish water in Limerick.

A kid in second class geography could do it, obviously I think you can too.

Let us know how you get on :D

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Ok get out a map and check out where in the Shannon Estuary you could say its the north Eastern side of the waterway, before it goes more into the brackish water in Limerick.

A kid in second class geography could do it, obviously I think you can too.

Let us know how you get on :D

It's just a bizzare way to state your location, especially considering the estuary stretches out to meet the river fergus. I just got confused!

Meanwhile it's now sunny in West Clare!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mostly cloudy day here in Meath with a few spells of very hazy sunshine, feeling mild but not warm. Average conditions for May. Looks like Monday and Tuesday were the best 2 days of the settled spell in terms of sunshine and temperatures.

Next week not looking as cool as I thought it would, after a cool weekend, temps could reach 17C or 18C at times during first half of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Pleasant 20 degrees at Belmullet and mount Dillon at 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sun has appeared in cork city! Feels warm again

Hello Met Eireann,

There are clouds around today but why not in your forecast.

Its been cloudy in most parts of Ireland for a time today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

clouds clearing here now and much sunnier!

Mount Dillon 21 degrees ,3pm met reports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

yes really lovely in Meath now, sun is gleaming and its lovely and warm outside, just back from a nice walk after a late lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭The_Outsider

Thats a serious looking shower headed for Cork....

Thats a serious looking shower headed for Cork....

Interesting alright. And before all the Cork City people get very excited, the location in question is west Cork county.

Finner 22 degrees at 4pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nice afternoon here too bit of warmth again in the sun lovely to feel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gonzo wrote: »
    mostly cloudy day here in Meath with a few spells of very hazy sunshine, feeling mild but not warm. Average conditions for May. Looks like Monday and Tuesday were the best 2 days of the settled spell in terms of sunshine and temperatures.

Next week not looking as cool as I thought it would, after a cool weekend, temps could reach 17C or 18C at times during first half of next week.

Today's been the best day of the week in Arklow, just gorgeous all day

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ridiculous day altogether !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Finally some good sunshine here this evening for the first time all week after another dull cloudy day, feeling warm as well.

Forecast has been a mile off all week here though, mentions of blue skies and only high cirrus yet cloud was fairly thick with very little sunshine on all three days

Advertisement