Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Naas by Bus Éireann

• 02-02-2010 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,377 ✭✭✭

Can people tell me the pick up points from Luas stop at Connolly to Newlands cross that you can pick up the bus from please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Hapenny Bridge and Heuston Station. Possibly George's Quay too, but I've had 126's pass me there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,377 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thanks.

Wasn't sure about Heuston station.

Doesn't say on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Connolly (or Busaras from 9pm) Georges Quay, Hapenny Bridge, Heuston, Inchicore, Kylemore Rd (opposite Luas), Red Cow, Newlands Cross.

For all stops, Georges Quay in particular you need to give a clear signal. We won't pull in for people standing passively at bus stops around Dublin as several routes use oll of these stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Not Buseireann but http://www.dublincoach.ie/ from Red cow Luas stop. I take it regularily, comes off M7 at the ball in Naas & is only 5 eurios

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

thats also a great coach for getting to the airport (provided the times work out). You also dont pay for kids. So €20 for a family with small kids isnt bad.

M.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

+1 for the dublin coach. They are usually fairly on time too

• Registered Users Posts: 4 redmeanie77

Can someone please tell me, what stop on the 126 do i need to get off to get to Naas general hospital? And how far away the hospital isfromthat stop?

I have found no help on Bus eireann website.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I could be wrong but i think the stop closest to the hospital is at the post office. Does the 126 turn right at the top of the town for newbridge/kildare direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Can someone please tell me, what stop on the 126 do i need to get off to get to Naas general hospital? And how far away the hospital isfromthat stop?

I have found no help on Bus eireann website.

Thanks in advance.

Stop opposite Post Office is the one, ask the driver to be sure, to be sure. when you get off the bus, turn right and head away from the Main Street and after passing EuroSpar, turn left and the hospital is in view - continue down this road but turn left before the lake and you cannot miss it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

The timetable at http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274694471-126.pdf says that most services to Dublin stop & terminate at Docklands station, but presumably they let passengers off somewhere closer to the city centre as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

Yeah, you can get off on Bachelors walk. Think there is a stop on Upper Ormond Quay too, I remember getting off it there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Going from Dublin City Centre can you get off at stops along the way or only at stops in Kildare e.g. can I get off at Crumlin on the 17.40 from Stephens Green or get off at Inchicore for the routes going via Heuston?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Weyhey wrote: »
    Going from Dublin City Centre can you get off at stops along the way or only at stops in Kildare e.g. can I get off at Crumlin on the 17.40 from Stephens Green or get off at Inchicore for the routes going via Heuston?

No - you cannot get off until you leave the area served by Dublin Bus services. So beyond Rathcoole is basically from where you can get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

lxflyer wrote: »
    No - you cannot get off until you leave the area served by Dublin Bus services. So beyond Rathcoole is basically from where you can get off.

Thanks for that lxflyer. I take it you can get off any where along the route in the other direction e.g get off at Crumlin or Inchicore when leaving Kildare because Dublin Bus don't offer this service?

Correct - just check with the driver where they stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

davidm20 wrote: »
    Not Buseireann but http://www.dublincoach.ie/ from Red cow Luas stop. I take it regularily, comes off M7 at the ball in Naas & is only 5 eurios

Good for one-off journeys but not for regular commutes as they don't offer a weekly ticket.

I pay 34.50 for a 10 journey Newbridge to Dublin. On Dublin Coach that would be 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Can someone with knowledge pl explain the best way to get from Dublin to Merlin Auctions in Naas....is the 126 Bus the best way and would it drop me somewhere near to the Merlin place ? TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

You'll need a 126 that goes to Newbridge or Kildare.

Best place to get off is near Newhall Retail Park. About a 10 minute walk across busy road/roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    You'll need a 126 that goes to Newbridge or Kildare.

Best place to get off is near Newhall Retail Park. About a 10 minute walk across busy road/roundabout.

Tks for that - good concise info.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sootie

Hi, can you get on and off at Rathcoole on Bus Eireann? you used to depending on the driver !

• Advertisement

sootie wrote: »
    Hi, can you get on and off at Rathcoole on Bus Eireann? you used to depending on the driver !

Travelling inbound from Naas, Rathcoole is a set down stop only, and travelling outbound from Dublin it is a pick-up stop only on route 126.

Advertisement