Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi Folks

Is there somewhere or someone that this is explained better. Im thick sorry

Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc
    The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Aquos76 wrote: »
    What I’ve noticed in previous payments, up to August this year all my payments on my turkey sub were showing up as “Netflix Amsterdam” however September and today’s one is just showing “Netflix”
    I think that's an Revolut thing, my previous payments going back to ago at least 6 months were definitely showing as Netflix Amsterdam at the time, now all those exact same payments show on the app now just as Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Mr.S wrote: »
    Amex international card, billed in €. The conversion isn't as as good as Revolut, but less hassle as I don't need to keep Revolut topped up.

Annual fee €100? Or is there a cheaper version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi Folks

Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc

Was the torcc file there already? Had you run Tor normally before changing the exit node? This creates the torcc file and adds certain info to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hi Folks

Go to wherever your tor was installed. For me, it was my desktop, but might be different. In the Tor Browser folder, open the Browser folder. In that folder, open the TorBrowser folder. In that folder, open the Data folder. And in that folder, open the Tor folder.

You should see a file called torcc. Right click and open with notepad. It's probably going to be an empty file, so just paste in ExitNodes {tr}. Save file and close it.

Once that's done, run tor browser and it should connect to sites as if you are in Turkey. It'll be slow, but should work for signing up for Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

If your paying with revolut card and Netflix hasn't suspended your account yet, would it be a good idea to swap payment to an Irish debit card now in the hope that they'll leave those alone for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Using N26 card so little transaction fee and it's still working for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ltd440 wrote: »
    If your paying with revolut card and Netflix hasn't suspended your account yet, would it be a good idea to swap payment to an Irish debit card now in the hope that they'll leave those alone for a while yet

Set this up about a year ago with Revolut and it’s still working fine. My experience with these kinds of bargains is that you don’t change anything until it breaks, it just draws attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I did that, safer bet as it seems to be around revolut users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

carrotcake wrote: »
    Strange thing happened this morning. Netflix was prompting me to restart my membership, and I couldn't watch anything. I was in the middle of my month's subscription, having last been billed on 30 August, so there should be another two weeks left. Maybe they detected that I'm not in Turkey?

Anyway, on with the Turkish VPN again to restart my membership, but after entering my credit card details I reached the mobile number step. I was able to skip it back in July, but couldn't this time. So I restarted the process, entered my card details again and then disconnected my VPN before submitting and getting through to the mobile number page, in the hope that that it would ask for a local number instead of a Turkish one. Unfortunately this didn't work, and my card was billed in euros when I submitted, even though the page showed Turkish lira.

Hopefully Netflix isn't cracking down on this and I will have better luck next month.
    Well a month has passed since I was forced off the Turkish sub, so I thought I'd give it another shot now.

They had my Revolut card saved in the system from last month, when I renewed with the regular price. But after reading so many posts here about problems with Revolut I figured I would try my AIB credit card to avoid any issues.

I chose which package I wanted and entered my AIB card details on the next page. After submitting the form I got a message saying, "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use." Tried again, but the same result. So I tried my Curve card, and got the same message. Tried a card that I have from a European bank - same story. And I tried a different Revolut card - again with the same error message.

At that point I closed the browser, and after a minute decided to try again, but just using the Revolut card that was already saved in the system from last month. It worked! It asked me to confirm my phone number, but the field was pre-filled with my non-Turkish number, and it didn't force me to change it.

Back in business. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bazz26 wrote: »
    Have a payment pending on Revolut also since Oct 11 so the game may finally be up.

Just an update on this. Payment completed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I cant get any payment method to work via turkey on tor browser, "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That's still pending. Expect it to be rejected in a few days. Just click on it for more detail

Payment wasn't rejected btw, it completed yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Payment wasn't rejected btw, it completed yesterday afternoon.

Same here. Went through today, pending since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Mine went through today , its been pending since the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

My payment got reverted...what is going on ?

adox wrote: »
    Legal options? Which ones?(genuine question)

Do you do that using vpn ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Is this the thread for family plans? If so I have spaces on a plan, pm if interested.

A new payment has shown up in my revolut with delayed status...looks like i might be sorted now !

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Anyone tried to sign up to Spotify using vpn to Turkey or Argentina?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

odddavey wrote: »
    Spotify checks which country your credit card is from, so unless you have a card from one of those countries then it won't work.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

carrotcake wrote: »
    Spotify checks which country your credit card is from, so unless you have a card from one of those countries then it won't work.

I pay my Spotify via PayPal every month, so Spotify don’t have access to my Credit Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

odddavey wrote:
    You need a different thread for this. HUKD is a handy place to get info for this.

Had a weird one today, my netflix payment tried to go through last night but failed (I forgot to top up my revolut :o). Went onto the site to fix card details (on my phone) and it wouldn't accept the revolut number, said there was a problem with the card. Tried with a virtual card too, same issue.

Logged onto netflix now on desktop, had notice at top that payment failed, but had option to retry. Clicked that, went through fine and took from my Revolut :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

Do you do that using vpn ?

When I first swapped over to Turkey I used a vpn and Netflix wouldn't accept my revolut card,
    So I ended up just using my Irish debit card. I thought once you were on the turkey Netflix it would be simple enough to log back in with or without the vpn to change your card.
    Did your payment eventually go through

ltd440 wrote:
    When I first swapped over to Turkey I used a vpn and Netflix wouldn't accept my revolut card, So I ended up just using my Irish debit card. I thought once you were on the turkey Netflix it would be simple enough to log back in with or without the vpn to change your card. Did your payment eventually go through

Yeah..another txn hit my revolut after first one failed.. my guess is I logged into my account using Turkish vpn and that probably triggered a new payment...God knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chr15

I honestly thought this was going to be so complicated after following this thread for a while.
    I signed up for free month without VPN and using revolut.
    Cancelled subscription and the day after it expired downloaded a free VPN.
    Opened VPN to Turkey.
    Logged in to Netflix and signed up again. Card details are already there. They asked for phone number but it’s optional and you are already signed up when they ask this.
    Unsubscribed and deleted VPN.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It really is simple it’s just people seem to make things difficult for themselves

The key step I see is to sign up in Ireland first, and allow your trial or regular sub wind down, then go to Turkey. That seems to avoid the hassle people have with the phone number being mandatory and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭The Mulk

That’s the best way to avoid the number request
    I did post that a while back as a work around for the phone number and also when people have problems adding Revolut you can add any Irish bank card and change it to Revolut after but all the important posts get lost with random chat

I had 3 Revolut payments reverted recently, from the 3 months I was with TR Netflix, it won't accept any PTSB cards or Revolut now, but still gives me the option to pay in TR Lira. Any work arounds, can a voucher be bought I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Have you tried adding Revolut to curve ?

I'll try that now, i've set up Curve, linked to Revolut, i'll try pay when the card number comes through

Advertisement