Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Commuter Justice! Good enough for these brainwashed fools.

In India when something like this happens, a mob forms naturally and beats them to death. 'Extinction rebellion' should go visit India.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

They do like their plastic pollution in India.

Sounds like it should be top of their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Rezident wrote: »
    Commuter Justice! Good enough for these brainwashed fools.

In India when something like this happens, a mob forms naturally and beats them to death. 'Extinction rebellion' should go visit India.

You know it's a worldwide movement right?
    They are in India and every country in the world pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

20Cent wrote: »

Have you evidence and video footage of them trying their stunts in India? I'd like to see that one if what the other poster said was true.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yes the disappearing wildlife and ecosystems will just start to replenish by themselves and the oceans will clean themselves up and everything will go back to how it was 100 years ago, phew

Take what I said out of context why don't you.. Some jabroni said these Extinction Rebels will be remembered like the patriots of 1916. That's what I challenged.

I reckon that one fella who got snatched off the train will be remembered more like the chap that slipped on the ice on RTE News and less like Thomas Clarke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

And the same type of upper middle class twats are involved there as in every other infected country. More open about their hatred of the poor in India though. xr India is complaining that the government is storing too much rice and grain ( the government of India stores grain and rice in central depots as a backup in case of crop failure and the resulting famines of which India has suffered many) . Xr India wants agricultural land to be turned over to forestry. It would only be the "untouchable s" that would starve as a result so that's fine by them.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Have you evidence and video footage of them trying their stunts in India? I'd like to see that one if what the other poster said was true.

Look up their twitter.
    You will be glad to hear they are being beaten, arrested and banned in India as well.

And the same type of upper middle class twats are involved there as in every other infected country. More open about their hatred of the poor in India though. xr India is complaining that the government is storing too much rice and grain ( the government of India stores grain and rice in central depots as a backup in case of crop failure and the resulting famines of which India has suffered many) . Xr India wants agricultural land to be turned over to forestry. It would only be the "untouchable s" that would starve as a result so that's fine by them.

So you've been over there and studied what is happening?
    Din't think so just making stuff up.

Look up their twitter.
    You will be glad to hear they are being beaten, arrested and banned in India as well.

To be fair i wouldn't want to see anyone being beaten and hurt so no i wouldn't be glad but i'm glad they are banned.

To be fair i wouldn't want to see anyone being beaten and hurt so no i wouldn't be glad but i'm glad they are banned.

You have to beat up and hurt them to ban them.
    Can't have one without the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Have a go trying to block the M50 or M7 and see how it goes?
    What will blocking a motorway achieve tell me ?

Fairly sure the m50 is already blocked most of the time !

You have to beat up and hurt them to ban them.
    Can't have one without the other.

Yes you can because if they are banned surely they aren't dumb enough not to know the consequences? It would be their choice to get beat up then.

Yes you can because if they are banned surely they aren't dumb enough not to know the consequences? It would be their choice to get beat up then.

So you're alright with them being beaten up then if it's their own fault.
    Grand.

So you're alright with them being beaten up then if it's their own fault.
    Grand.

I'm not alright with them getting beaten up. You are purposely twisting my words now :rolleyes: If they are banned they are breaking the law. The so called ER are not above the law. They have had their warning so what's the problem? You don't protest in India, problem solved, simple. No one gets beaten up and i hope it stays that way.

I'm not alright with them getting beaten up. You are purposely twisting my words now :rolleyes: If they are banned they are breaking the law. The so called ER are not above the law. They have had their warning so what's the problem? You don't protest in India, problem solved, simple. No one gets beaten up and i hope it stays that way.

No one of those freedom loving chaps are ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭NotToScale

MrAbyss wrote: »
    So basically anyone who questions Al Gore's hockey stick is essentially a member of the SS in your mind?

You do realized that making such cheap slurs is the PRIMARY reason why people hate Leftists these days?

Jaysus!

I honestly don’t think the above warrants response. Utterly bonkers twisting of my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

So you've been over there and studied what is happening?
    Din't think so just making stuff up.

Don't have to go there. It's all over the Indian media. Xr India is quite blatent about its hatred of the poor.

Don't have to go there. It's all over the Indian media. Xr India is quite blatent about its hatred of the poor.

Bull****.
    Corporations are loving regular people blaming each other while they pollute at will. Painting XR as anti poor is another strategy. Lots falling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

No one of those freedom loving chaps are ya.

For my own part, the freedom to travel to work unhindered would be quite important to me. One can hardly begin to imagine the levels of arrogance required to think that a right to protest trumps that.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Fairly sure the m50 is already blocked most of the time !

It'd be an easy target so

• Advertisement

topper75 wrote: »
    For my own part, the freedom to travel to work unhindered would be quite important to me. One can hardly begin to imagine the levels of arrogance required to think that a right to protest trumps that.

Has XR stopped you going to work?

Any protest could be banned using that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,648 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BS - protesting and trying to prevent people using public transport services are not the same thing. One is peaceful legitimate civil protest and the other is civil disruption/sabotage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Protest to your heart's content. Just don't involve me. You don't have that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

In today s examiner, they recap the strikes in 1920, Cork was at a standstill for days, nowadays people get a extremely upset about a 15 minute detour. The Brits would have been very happy about the forum people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Have a go trying to block the M50 or M7 and see how it goes?
    What will blocking a motorway achieve tell me ?

It would be a fair protest against private cars

Buses and cyclists should be allowed through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

There are no cyclists allowed on the m50 and no Bus lanes either. So once you stop the traffic everything stops. Given the push back against them, I wouldn't fancy their chances of lasting long on the M50.

Are you still dreaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

biko wrote: »
    Behind a Paywall . Where are extinction rebellion getting their Money ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

blinding wrote: »
    Behind a Paywall . Where are extinction rebellion getting their Money ?

George Soros, read it on breitbart

Advertisement