Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who's Who?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Vaperus wrote: »
    Welcome to the group guys
    Bawnmore you need to get a car charger for your phone.

Benny you probably already are hooked

Funny you should mention actually - I brought a car charger and we went in a Micra with NO cigarette lighter. I honestly thought every single car had a cigarette lighter but it was a one owner car until this week and that owner was a nun. Typical :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Benny Cake on geocaching.com as well.

Signed up for the site a good while back and promptly forgot all about it until I spotted this forum a few days back. I found my first cache on the way home from work today,good fun and it's already taken me to a nice little spot a short distance from home that I probably wouldn't have ever passed otherwise.I think I could get hooked on this!

I'm actually eyeing up the cache in the Wonderful Barn outside Leixlip. It's on my way home so I'm waiting for the right moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daithi2004

This is my profile. Was active at the start. Picture taken on top of Snowdan.
    http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=d914b591-5d2a-49e9-a243-fb708fab258a

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Delighted to see a Geocaching forum on Boards!

I've been geocaching on and off since 2005. I go through phases where I go all out mad, travelling the length and breadth of the country, hunting geocaches. Then my trusty Etrex gets put back in the drawer for another year or so, until I suddenly get the urge to go tupperware hunting again. :)

When I'm feeling extra keen I'll cough up for Premium membership too, stay on 24hr full alert for chances of an FTF, update GSAK and get all nerdy and absorbed in my stats...but generally I find 'basic' membership is good enough. :pac:

Me and the fella just started geocaching as a decent reason to get off our backsides and into the fresh air. It's something that has fascinated me for years but never had the drive (nor the technology). Found two on our first day out and were delighted with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Congrats Nyla Slow Tweet. My sister and I have 40 planned for Sunday :)

I had three planned for this weekend and just ended up drinking instead :o

There's still this evening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DubiousV

Caching as Dubiousv also.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Aloha GC'ers, Hytrogen on GC too. Started 1st Jan 2011, was a great way to reign in the new year & have been GC'ing worldwide with the job & journeys ever since.
    I use it as another great excuse to get photographing too, interesting way to have a first date with someone too!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Caching as JackRackhamAhoy, usually with canines. This should be my profile... http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=70cbb1d6-2546-49dd-ae36-6cf8815c4858
    I've only been at this lark for six months, but I'm convinced it's why the internet was invented.

• Advertisement
Advertisement