Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servers update

• 09-09-2002 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Ok kiddies and kidettes,

the quake3 osp server has moved to cloud

vishnu now has 2 new servers in its place
    - Battlefield 1942 demo
    - Grand Prix Legends

So the layout is as follows:

vishnu.ign.ie
    - Grand Prix Legends ( you need to connect through vroc ( www.vroc.net )
    -Soldat, www.soldat.net
    - Battlefield 1942 Demo

Cloud.ign.ie
    - Quake3 OSP
    - NeverwinterNights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

And the music stops and the everyone grabs a server.

With the addition of the UT2003 Demo server we've had a bit of movement on the servers. The UT server has gone up on cloud.ign.ie aka games2.ign.ie, with the Neverwinter Nights server going to the IOL server ( games2.iol.ie ). See the RPG board for details on that.

so the current layout is as follows :

vishnu.ign.ie
    - Grand Prix Legends ( you need to connect through vroc ( www.vroc.net )
    - Soldat, www.soldat.net
    - Quake 1

Cloud.ign.ie
    - Quake3 OSP
    - UT2003 Demo

I'll look into Battlefield 1942 when its released on friday
    and see if theres a) demand for it and b) a possible home for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

bf1942 is out, and there is deffo demand :)

ne word on it?

If they release a complete dedicated server we'll have a look at hosting a server.

I dont have the game and dont indent to get it. If someone loans their disks I'll upload the files ( I dont take copies or warez ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

included with it is an option to run a dedicated server, im not sure whether there are seperate files on the CD. Did you search for it? There has to be a stand alone server version, cause there are about 800+ servers up at any 1 time

I did a search before, and theres no complete download for a dedicated server. u require files from the cd.

Anyway I'm not sure where we could put it, since it requires win32 and that box is full. Maybe if a linux version gets released we could find a suitable home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement