Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What sort of phone do you have and what is your payment plan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

OnePlus 2 with Three €20 a month unlimited (15gb) data, free texts and free Three to Three calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

iPhone 6s 64GB.

Bill is paid for by work so no idea what it costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

S6 55 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm on a Pay-As-You-Go plan with 3 Mobile (formerly O2) and I have an unlocked, secondhand Samsung Galaxy S3. Good little phone, though when I first got it, the mobile data kept unwittingly leeching my phone credit so had to turn that off. I don't make a ton of calls as I only use it to call maybe 3 people if even that. Still, great little phone. My stepdad gave it to me when he upgraded to a Galaxy S5 and it's getting on a bit so I'm planning to eventually replace it in the new year.
    That said, I'm undecided as to stay on a Pay-As-You-Go plan or bite the bullet and go on the €20 per month billpay plan. I can certainly spare €20 a month but I've never been on Billpay before so I'm in two minds.
    Also, still deciding on what model phone to upgrade to. Thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy Core as they're hardy little phones with good processor speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

S6 Edge + costing 40 per month with 3 for unlimited data , text's and calls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Got a umi emax during the summer. Going from Vodafone billpay to 3 prepay over the next couple of days. Tired of keeping an eye on my mobile internet usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Windows phone Lumia 635

Don't know the plan I'm on...work pays for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have an unlocked iPhone 6S. Got it for a lot cheaper than it actually costs.

I have the €20 per month Pay As You Go deal with Three. Unlimited 4G, it's great! Would never get a bill pay phone either. The monthly costs always seem very high. Even €40 per month, that's double what I pay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I have a friends deal with a big provider, its 30 quid a month for a heap of minutes and texts. The main boon is you get a flagship phone for a lower price.

Honestly though I'm reconsidering it for next time. Mid range android phones for 200 quid are not very far behind the top phones 600/700 euro phones now, and apple phones are really over priced. Im getting stung all the time for Data which the plan is light, on if you go with 3 you get heaps of data for feck all. Im probably paying a hundred quid more a year I dont really need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

iPhone 6S on 2 yr contract withThree on flexi350 tariff paying €40 a month but have a friends & family 20% discount so my bills are usually around €32/33 p/m.

I worked out that with my usage it's cheaper for me to get the phone on contract than buy one outright and go PAYG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

La-da-da-da-dahh, it's the motherfuckin MOTO G.
    La-da-da-da-dahh, you know I'm with the top-up Tesco.ie

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

P3000s with unlimited texts, 3 hours of calls and 1GB of 4G data with Virgin mobile for €4 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I have an unlocked iPhone 6S. Got it for a lot cheaper than it actually costs.

I have the €20 per month Pay As You Go deal with Three. Unlimited 4G, it's great! Would never get a bill pay phone either. The monthly costs always seem very high. Even €40 per month, that's double what I pay now.

If you're paying €20 per month, is that not the same as a monthly subscription? Do you just have to top up by that amount every month to keep using it? €20 per month is not bad though. I wouldn't like to pay anymore than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

What do you mean by subscription? It's €20 per month for free unlimited internet, 3 calls, any network calls at weekends, and free any network texts always...the €20 can then be used to call other networks.

Generally on bill pay a monthly fee would be a lot more than that, for an iPhone 6s anyway. Plus I am not tied to a contract. Got the phone for very cheap so works out a lot better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

I have a Samsung Galaxy. I'm nearly sure that's what it says when I switch it on anyway. My bill with Three is 38/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A Chinese X5 which will soon be upgraded to a Note 3 or something,on a corporate contract which costs me feck all for unlimited calls,texts and a couple of gigs of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Unlocked Samsung Note 4 on corporate Vodafone €27 pm unlimited calls+texts plus 4GB data. Will be switching to Tesco PAYG €15 pm next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DOJ

My personal phone (non work) is an old nokia

I charge it once every 2 weeks or so and have free calls and texts to three

I do use my samsung when not at work but for calls and text prefer the nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Galaxy S4, non-contract...unlimited call, texts and data in the US. $50 a month.

I use my phone so little that I tend to let it expire for 2 weeks before topping up again. I work from home, I have unlimited calls with Skype and haven't sent a text message in a long, long time. It's all IM now. I've thought about just getting rid of it entirely but feel better keeping it for safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I have a plan with unlimited calls, texts and data and you can upgrade your phone as many times as you want per year. Or if you just keep the same phone, after however many months of payments you own it. I don't even know why I chose this plan, I very rarely change my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Samsung Galaxy S5 with Vodafone at €55 a month.

Had hoped to upgrade to s6 edge but can't just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GoodKill

Novella wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I have a plan with unlimited calls, texts and data and you can upgrade your phone as many times as you want per year. Or if you just keep the same phone, after however many months of payments you own it. I don't even know why I chose this plan, I very rarely change my phone.

Upgrade as many times you want per year?!? How does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some chinese android yoke, sim only contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Tesco Mobile PAYG. 15 euro top up gets 10000 minutes and 1GB data but you keep the 15 as credit which you use for texts and international or whatever extra bundles you want. The phone is a Galaxy S5 that I paid 150 for, because I upgraded my former bosses contract (he lives abroad) and just paid the upgrade fee and he covers his own bill. I'm not working for him anymore so my next phone will probably be a Xiaomi (go google them if you want a high end phone for midrange prices) or whatever One Plus are offering when I'm looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

iPhone 6S 64GB
    €57 a month
    Unlimited calls, texts and data
    120 international texts and 120 international minutes.

Phone cost €259 on a 24 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

A sh1t one on pay as you go.
    It's probably better than mine. A Nokia 220 (cost €39.99), and pay as you go. I top up by €30 or €40 every month or two.

Still, the battery lasts over a week, and that's all I'm bothered about..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

A Samsung Galaxy Note 4, €55 p/month with Meteor. Unlimited calls and texts, 6GB of data per month. I have international minutes too, but I have no idea how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

iPhone 6 64gb bought last year in Belfast Apple Store. €15 Tesco PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Jb1989

iPhone 6S on 2 yr contract withThree on flexi350 tariff paying €40 a month but have a friends & family 20% discount so my bills are usually around €32/33 p/m.

I worked out that with my usage it's cheaper for me to get the phone on contract than buy one outright and go PAYG.

On the 40.66 plan myself. With iPhone 6. Not the 's' one tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Lia_lia wrote: »
    What do you mean by subscription? It's €20 per month for free unlimited internet, 3 calls, any network calls at weekends, and free any network texts always...the €20 can then be used to call other networks.

Generally on bill pay a monthly fee would be a lot more than that, for an iPhone 6s anyway. Plus I am not tied to a contract. Got the phone for very cheap so works out a lot better!

Sorry I meant monthly bill. You're still paying the same amount every month. It's a good deal though.
    It's probably better than mine. A Nokia 220 (cost €39.99), and pay as you go. I top up by €30 or €40 every month or two.

Still, the battery lasts over a week, and that's all I'm bothered about..

Yeah I usually top up by €20 every 2 or 3 months. Battery lasts about 4 days.

Advertisement