Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Swissborg had a little pull back, I haven't put any money into defi cryptos yet. Would you consider this a good one, or has it risen too quickly to where it is even now? I'll have to check into this one further in the meantime, is the fallout from wirecard affecting its future prospects I wonder..

You can see on the Cryptobubbles site which ones have surged recently. It sounds obvious but all I'll say is that you don't want to buy at the top! Either parhaps look to get it on these once they've pulled back a bit or look at ones that are in the top 20 to 30 that have yet to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

what typically happens when all these start to pop, will bitcoin hold or get dragged down slightly?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

el diablo wrote: »
    Nice. I got in around $0.30 (a relatively small amount though) and haven't sold any. I'm just going to let it ride.
    Same as

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jimmii wrote: »
    Doge? Tiktok happened to it. Theres a few telling their followers how they're going to pump it to $1 so get your $25 on there now and it will be worth $10k. It's like an introduction to get rich quick schemes for gen z. Could be profitable but who knows how far they can take it and I'm guessing the people behind it have stacked up big and when they decide to get out could tumble pretty quickly.

Look at Doges chart going back

There are loads of examples of pump n dumps

But it’s timing is nearly always coincided with the start of alt seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭maninasia

1 alt run is always equal 1 alt run.

• Advertisement

Swissborg had a little pull back, I haven't put any money into defi cryptos yet. Would you consider this a good one, or has it risen too quickly to where it is even now? I'll have to check into this one further in the meantime, is the fallout from wirecard affecting its future prospects I wonder..

Never heard of them.

If they are offering massive APR would be wary as they can boom and shrink overnight.

Look what happened to Balancer over the last month . Down 50% against BTC after a meteoric rise due to ridiculous staking rewards that can't be maintained.

Lend , KNC, bancor protocol , SNX., REP
    Maybe UMA.
    These ones have been around awhile and decent track record of innovstion over time. You might wait to see if can get a cheaper entry on a pull pack into some of them.

mdmix wrote: »
    what typically happens when all these start to pop, will bitcoin hold or get dragged down slightly?

Hopefully Bitcoin dominance drops but keeps it’s price

Ideal scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Hopefully Bitcoin dominance drops but keeps it’s price

Ideal scenario

I think that's what happened during the previous bubble. Bitcoin was something like $15k?, but had about 1/3 of the total cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

I think that's what happened during the previous bubble. Bitcoin was something like $15k?, but had about 1/3 of the total cap.

Just trying to figure out, when things start to pop, should you move everything back to bitcoin straight away or use a stable coin while there is still turbulence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

mdmix wrote: »
    Just trying to figure out, when things start to pop, should you move everything back to bitcoin straight away or use a stable coin while there is still turbulence.

Well, maybe stable coin, to lock in some of your gains at least. Better safe than sorry. Although that being said, many people putting their alt gains back into bitcoin will likely pump the price somewhat for a while.

Also, I noticed above that some people got in on LINK at $0.20-$0.30 and want to 'let it run' further. I'm not sure if they were round during previous cycles but perhaps it would be prudent to at least learn from the past and sell a portion in order to take some profits when you've at least gone 20-30 x.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Look at Doges chart going back

There are loads of examples of pump n dumps

But it’s timing is nearly always coincided with the start of alt seasons

Apparently BTT is next! I made great gains out of that last year!

Yes it's a sh1t coin....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

cherrytaz wrote: »
    I'm in LINK since .20 and it's very tempting to sell now but also to let it do its thing i.e. keep mooning. This stuff is so temperamental..

Also, I noticed above that some people got in on LINK at $0.20-$0.30 and want to 'let it run' further. I'm not sure if they were round during previous cycles but perhaps it would be prudent to at least learn from the past and sell a portion in order to take some profits when you've at least gone 20-30 x.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I might take my original stake back on Chainlink and look to deposit in another potential moonshot.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

el diablo wrote: »
    Yeah, I might take my original stake back on Chainlink and look to deposit in another potential moonshot.

RSR and DAG look promising.

Up 25% on BTT since yesterday, don't know if it's going to climb more but I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

If this was ever implemented by Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, etc then ADA holders should start planning for their early retirement:)

Cardano is working on offering all of it's features for use by the PoW blockchains that are willing to implement Cardano NiPoPoWs (https://nipopows.com). For little effort or development cost the PoW blockchains would gain the ability to use Cardano smart contracts, voting, oracle pools, etc and in return ADA holders would get rewards / Tx fees in the PoW cryptos:eek:

Something like this already exists on ETH where you can use wrapped BTC on the ETH chain but you still have to use ETH for the transaction. It's way too expensive and overly complex. Cardano is built to allow native assets behave the same as ADA which means you pay fees in the native asset. Much cheaper and far less complex to do than the ETH solution. PoW chains would gain all of Cardano's features for extremely cheap fees.

Imagine checking your Daedalus or Yoroi wallet and it shows ADA, BTC, LTC, BCH, etc. Every five days you would be gaining ADA + PoW crypto for free...mind blowing stuff that will no doubt be rejected by dinosaur PoW communities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvIAgDEUC4o

...And LEND blows up again. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I wish these ALTs weren't so hard to buy. They are all over the place. Exchanges are so user unfriendly. It's like 2016 all over again.

Looks like Binnance are one if the few with LEND. But the site is garbage.

Can't buy with a card as I've to wait for my account to get checked. It says it should take 20 seconds. That was 5 mins ago.

I try to transfer Bitcoin and Coinbase says I don't have the address whitelisted.

I can add the address as that isn't supported on mobile.

I'll have to get up go down stairs turn on the pc, whitelist the address then transfer it. All for €200 worth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Finally got there. Big effort for small investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I think it's a good thing that some of these are so hard to buy, people be getting rekt left right and centre otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Cardano is working on offering all of it's features for use by the PoW blockchains that are willing to implement Cardano NiPoPoWs (https://nipopows.com). For little effort or development cost the PoW blockchains would gain the ability to use Cardano smart contracts, voting, oracle pools, etc and in return ADA holders would get rewards / Tx fees in the PoW cryptos:eek:

This is interesting - although I'm struggling to get my head round it properly. If the gen 1 PoW coins generally have a store of value/means of exchange use case, why the need to send them to the cardano network and 'wrap' them?

I know this is being done in the ETH-centric DeFi space. However, all I see it doing is bringing liquidity to DeFi. What other purpose does it serve? How would it differ in the case of Cardano?

I'm a firm believer that there will be category leaders who will survive once this whole wave of innovation finally settles. But with that, is it not a case of choosing the blockchain/token for the specific purpose one has in mind?
    So I guess I'm saying if you want smart contracting ability, then isn't it a case of not going near Bitcoin and weighing up Cardano against Ethereum and other smart contract ready projects?

Lets take the example that Hoskinson gave - the potential for a link-up with Litecoin. I can see what that would do for Cardano. I don't see what it does for Litecoin. Might such a move not be more symptomatic of the fact that Litecoin has no real world use case (or has failed to capture one)?? If so, why even bother with Litecoin to begin with - and just use Cardano natively?

I guess what I struggle with - with this stuff - is working this out to real world examples that can be demonstrated to add tangible value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mazzy maz

Bitcoin diamond forming a parabolic pattern on the 4HR chart for anyone that's into that type of thing :)

In Doge again but be careful!

This is interesting - although I'm struggling to get my head round it properly. If the gen 1 PoW coins generally have a store of value/means of exchange use case, why the need to send them to the cardano network and 'wrap' them?

I know this is being done in the ETH-centric DeFi space. However, all I see it doing is bringing liquidity to DeFi. What other purpose does it serve? How would it differ in the case of Cardano?

I'm a firm believer that there will be category leaders who will survive once this whole wave of innovation finally settles. But with that, is it not a case of choosing the blockchain/token for the specific purpose one has in mind?
    So I guess I'm saying if you want smart contracting ability, then isn't it a case of not going near Bitcoin and weighing up Cardano against Ethereum and other smart contract ready projects?

Lets take the example that Hoskinson gave - the potential for a link-up with Litecoin. I can see what that would do for Cardano. I don't see what it does for Litecoin. Might such a move not be more symptomatic of the fact that Litecoin has no real world use case (or has failed to capture one)?? If so, why even bother with Litecoin to begin with - and just use Cardano natively?

I guess what I struggle with - with this stuff - is working this out to real world examples that can be demonstrated to add tangible value.

Out of all the PoW crypto's LTC would be the most likely community that would agree to try this out. Your probably not going to get the BTC community interested until you've proven this works in advance. Once it's proven to work with LTC it pretty much works for BTC too, as LTC is just a version of the same code. The real target for this work is getting BTC onboard with LTC just been the first test case.

As you say LTC is pretty much useless, people should own BTC not LTC but it still has almost a $3b market cap. For Cardano it's basically a BTC test ground to play around and get this functioning. Cardano is a multi-asset ledger so the more types of assets tested the better. For LTC it gives their community easy cheap access to features or services that will probably never be available natively on LTC like smart contracts, DeFi, dapps, oracles, voting, etc. Granted many of these are still to be enabled for Cardano itself but by the end of the year the current roadmap should be fully completed. The current best model for older chains to use smart contracts / DeFi on ETH is very expensive, what Cardano does differently is that it lets assets like wrapped LTC behave like ADA on chain. So LTC users wanting to use smart contracts or DeFi don't need to own any ADA to do so, they would use wrapped LTC and pay any fees in wrapped LTC. This makes Cardano's method much cheaper for LTC users as they don't need to pay transaction fees in ADA or ETH.

More interoperability between chains that add features or services is probably the only way forward for some of them to survive. Look at the sheer amount of features or services Cardano has to try to implement just to have any market interest. BTC is probably the only crypto today that can get away with been an expensive, environmentally damaging one trick pony, everyone else has to science the **** out of it to have any hope of long term usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

As you say LTC is pretty much useless, people should own BTC not LTC but it still has almost a $3b market cap.
    For sure, there's a whole lot of value locked up in a few other coins that have not done anything. How long is it going to take for this to come to a head once and for all?
    The current best model for older chains to use smart contracts / DeFi on ETH is very expensive, what Cardano does differently is that it lets assets like wrapped LTC behave like ADA on chain. So LTC users wanting to use smart contracts or DeFi don't need to own any ADA to do so, they would use wrapped LTC and pay any fees in wrapped LTC. This makes Cardano's method much cheaper for LTC users as they don't need to pay transaction fees in ADA or ETH.
    I guess I was pondering why the need as if smart contracts was what was sought after, then why not go native with Cardano, Tezos, Eth, etc. I suppose if you already happen to be in BTC already and then want that additional functionality...
    Or is it that some will prefer to stay in BTC as a store of value whilst accessing the extended features that ADA will have to offer?
    BTC is probably the only crypto today that can get away with been an expensive, environmentally damaging one trick pony, everyone else has to science the **** out of it to have any hope of long term usage.
    I more or less agree. Every project needs to find it's unique angle or else do much better to challenge the current leader in whatever category that's being targeted. It's a small point but being a one trick pony (maybe 2 through layer 2 solutions...we'll have to see) is seen as being an advantage. Much less complexity in the code - so less to go wrong. On the cost of the network, I think there's space for one PoW network albeit that for the most part, it's a buyer of last resort of energy (and that usually means renewable energy also...albeit no matter if it's otherwise going to waste anyway).
    DeFi I've been watching with interest but staying on the sidelines - as it's the opposite...i.e. in move fast and break things mode. No doubt it will settle at some point (whether that also means that it stays within the Ethereum domain, we'll have to see).

Listened to Hoskinson being interviewed recently and he said that the claim that Eth has the momentum and network effect is not relevant given the early stages we're at. With soundings this week that Ethereum 2.0 is being delayed further, he and Cardano may have a chance to close that gap. Interesting times ahead (as always).

For sure, there's a whole lot of value locked up in a few other coins that have not done anything. How long is it going to take for this to come to a head once and for all?

I guess I was pondering why the need as if smart contracts was what was sought after, then why not go native with Cardano, Tezos, Eth, etc. I suppose if you already happen to be in BTC already and then want that additional functionality...
    Or is it that some will prefer to stay in BTC as a store of value whilst accessing the extended features that ADA will have to offer?

I more or less agree. Every project needs to find it's unique angle or else do much better to challenge the current leader in whatever category that's being targeted. It's a small point but being a one trick pony (maybe 2 through layer 2 solutions...we'll have to see) is seen as being an advantage. Much less complexity in the code - so less to go wrong. On the cost of the network, I think there's space for one PoW network albeit that for the most part, it's a buyer of last resort of energy (and that usually means renewable energy also...albeit no matter if it's otherwise going to waste anyway).
    DeFi I've been watching with interest but staying on the sidelines - as it's the opposite...i.e. in move fast and break things mode. No doubt it will settle at some point (whether that also means that it stays within the Ethereum domain, we'll have to see).

Listened to Hoskinson being interviewed recently and he said that the claim that Eth has the momentum and network effect is not relevant given the early stages we're at. With soundings this week that Ethereum 2.0 is being delayed further, he and Cardano may have a chance to close that gap. Interesting times ahead (as always).

I think many of us expected a crypto extinction event to have occurred by now. According to CMC there are 5709 crypto's which is completely unsustainable. There simply isn't a need for this many networks or platforms that are a copy of a copy. If many of these coins were starting out today they would just be new tokens on a PoS multi-asset ledger rather than needing their own blockchain. If Dogecoin was been created in 2021 it would probably just be a newly minted token running on Cardano.

One aspect to this that people might not be aware of is that the Daedalus wallet is a full node wallet and is designed to be multi-asset. So the plan is for ADA, BTC, LTC, etc holders to have their ADA, BTC, LTC, etc all within Daedalus. As it's a full node wallet it directly hooks into all of Cardano's core features and services. Daedalus will gradually evolve into a Dapp store with a DEX, DeFi, Cardano stablecoin, etc. The idea is that crypto users of any flavour will have all their crypto in Daedalus to easily and securely access all of the Cardano features at the click of a button. In that scenario what crypto you own or what chain it's on begins to melt away into the background and all that matters is what do you want to do with it. Lots of work ahead to implement this but I would assume this is also part of the reason for the LTC linkup. If Cardano can have an LTC wallet in Daedalus with access to all of the features of Cardano then it can offer the same service for BTC or any other crypto.

I own a nice lump of ETH so I'm not some Cardano fanboy cheering on delays or problems for ETH. I want every valid project to succeed, a stronger healthier decentralised market is good for all projects. Who knows what ETH miners will do, we could end up with ETH 2.0, ETH PoW and ETC. If that community splits in two again after a bunch of delays then it might be in trouble. DeFi has been a major driver for ETH but the financial services world likes stability within it's domain. If ETH goes to war with itself then Cardano might be the DeFi safe haven people turn to next year. Cardano still has a lot to prove though, they need to successfully complete the current roadmap by the end of the year and then it needs more time under battlefield conditions. Lets see if Cardano can handle DeFi without been hacked day one before we start patting Charles on the back:)

Link after breaking €6.00.....:cool:

DOGE has been holding support at 39/40 sats for a few days and if you look back at previous DOGE pumps, they can be a lot bigger than this

Even with the tiktok hype, it could have more to go

The r/r is too much to pass up on

LINK is ripping up again, if you sell your LINK you should be mad

In the last few weeks I have traded in my LTC & NEO for LINK

Took out a BTC/CHR trade today @ 377sats, looking to grab another 8% avg out of it. Closed out a portion @ 399 and hoping for 420 to close out the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Truckermal wrote: »
    Link after breaking €6.00.....:cool:

In danger of cracking $7 soon! Tasty little spin this one.

jimmii wrote: »
    In danger of cracking $7 soon! Tasty little spin this one.

If Link breaks 20 euro I'll divorce the wife and head for Bangkok to be raped by ladyboys......:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wasn't much resistance at $7 wow :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement