Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

What about it is awful, precisely? There's plenty there from the poor grammar to other stuff. Is it her anti abortion stance you've the gripe with? If so, Many of us find the idea of killing a defenceless child awful. Maybe you mean something else. If I've picked you up wrong I apologise.

If not you can always go on the atheists board with all the Liberals who support her lifestyle they support abortion too.

Did you miss the bit about her being the product of rape?
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Did you miss the bit about her being the product of rape?

Yes seen it. Still don't get your point? Are you saying she should have been aborted? The actual point is what I don't get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No Travsion episode this week and still only 184 subscribers.
    Looks like it’s going down like a lead balloon.

As much as I'd probably disagree with the points they make I'd actually watch it if Bernard wasn't so boring.
    Why is there no episode this week? I'm guessing no one wants to be on it, he wanted Liam Neeson to appear.

Yes seen it. Still don't get your point? Are you saying she should have been aborted? The actual point is what I don't get

Do people that were born of a rape not deserve to live?

tuxy wrote: »
    As much as I'd probably disagree with the points they make I'd actually watch it if Bernard wasn't so boring.
    Why is there no episode this week? I'm guessing no one wants to be on it, he wanted Liam Neeson to appear.

There's an episode coming up soon where Bernard swears on the bible that his John Thomas wasn't up Margaret's Gary Glitter

• Advertisement

The actual point is that she was the result of a rape. Nothing at all got anything to do with abortion. RAPE. A violent act. A criminal act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

tuxy wrote: »

I’m guessing he has no Followers as most Travellers don’t like the cut of his gib. He pretends to be too educated. If he just did call out videos he’d have 184k followers.

Is there anyone on here that can provide me with a direct link to her?

Is there anyone on here that can provide me with a direct link to her?

This crap is over I'm reporting everything to the relevant authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

The actual point is that she was the result of a rape. Nothing at all got anything to do with abortion. RAPE. A violent act. A criminal act.

Horrendous thing to happen to anyone. Plus the lack of a father-figure is probably one of the factors that shaped her attitude towards life and work today.

The few studies done on it have shown that the rates of rape, abuse & domestic violence are way higher among the travelling community than the general population. That's one of the many areas they're lagging behind modern society in.

• Advertisement

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    Horrendous thing to happen to anyone. Plus the lack of a father-figure is probably one of the factors that shaped her attitude towards life and work today.

The few studies done on it have shown that the rates of rape, abuse & domestic violence are way higher among the travelling community than the general population. That's one of the many areas they're lagging behind modern society in.

The horrendous thing is they **** off

Why are you talking to yourself, RD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Everyone is ****ting themselves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭AllForIt

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Mags for Fuehrer

Yes. It's about time we had a female Fuehrer. Equality and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭AllForIt

ShaneC93 wrote: »

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

yamaha50 wrote:
    It.s the syrians she.s after

Thought it was a 4ever home, courtesy of the taxpayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Wasn't John Connors given a load of grief by "liberals" for being pro life?

That said, being pro life yet not condemning the sometimes extreme violence that is prevalent in traveller culture, rings pretty hollow.

I would rather abortions didn't happen - and I'm against it late on - but sometimes extremely early in pregnancy (and it's dishonest to say that a child has formed at that stage) the decision is made for reasons that are far more complex than just being a murderer or whatever.

It's ridiculous too, to just disregard all the wrongdoing by Margaret and make her out to be brilliant because of her pro life stance alone.

(Not against people being pro life by the way - just once it's not accompanied by hypocrisy).

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Margaret has been very quiet lately! I've a feeling some smart friends e..g Bernard told her shutting up and not creating so much drama herself would in turn make the press back off. I'd say all the media attention is doing her no favours with the SDCC. I certainly wouldn't be prioritising someone who berates you weekly in the press if I worked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

yamaha50 wrote: »
    It.s the syrians she.s after

I blame the Kurds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I go to mass weekly. All this does is denigrate my religion. I'm extremely surprised to see the priest playing along with this crap.

This is Priest level 2.0. They have to do something to stay relevant.
    Priests have done far more themselves to denigrate their religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,147 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Pointed this out before. Its not a bad thing to be proud of your country/background/heritage. For all her criticisms. I'm extremely proud of who I am and where I came from. I also take on the responsibilities of what comes with it.

In her case she couldn't care less about her nation, heritage or where/what she comes from.

Part of the reason sh@tlibs love her.

Wake TF up. People proud of their background and heritage are not on her side. We acknowledge our social responsibility and to look after those cut short.

Nationalism is one of the most toxic ideologies there is.

Nothing wrong with being proud of the positive aspects of your culture and heritage, but there is an awful lot that is negative about nationalism, not just in Ireland, but across the world.

Nationalism spawned the British Empire and Brexit, it gave succour to Nazi Germany and other fascist states, it prolonged the despotic reign of Stalin and allowed Mao's oppressive regime in China to prosper, not to mention the Juche philosophy of North Korea that starved its population, the hubris that led US foreign policy to go in so many wrong directions, Spain, Cuba, Argentina, Chile, how many more atrocities were caused by nationalism. Close to home, the gormless idiots that supported the Provos and the nonsensical rantings of the likes of Sammy Wilson are our own homegrown versions of the darker side of nationalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

blanch152 wrote: »

Nothing wrong with being proud of the positive aspects of your culture and heritage, but there is an awful lot that is negative about nationalism, not just in Ireland, but across the world.

Nationalism spawned the British Empire and Brexit, it gave succour to Nazi Germany and other fascist states, it prolonged the despotic reign of Stalin and allowed Mao's oppressive regime in China to prosper, not to mention the Juche philosophy of North Korea that starved its population, the hubris that led US foreign policy to go in so many wrong directions, Spain, Cuba, Argentina, Chile, how many more atrocities were caused by nationalism. Close to home, the gormless idiots that supported the Provos and the nonsensical rantings of the likes of Sammy Wilson are our own homegrown versions of the darker side of nationalism.

WTF?? Is this thread not about Margaret Cash stealing €300 worth of clothes?!?!!????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

blanch152 wrote: »

It also ended the rule of Kings in Europe and the Americas from the 18th century on and in the 20th century ended the rule of European empires over Africans, Asians and us.
    The basis and guarantor of the freedom and human rights we take for granted is the nation state.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

spodoinkle wrote: »
    WTF?? Is this thread not about Margaret Cash stealing €300 worth of clothes?!?!!????

this happens with almost every thread on boards.ie after a few thousand posts, they always end up going off tangent and eventually become Godwinned.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

bada_bing wrote: »
    this happens with almost every thread on boards.ie after a few thousand posts, they always end up going off tangent and eventually become Godwinned.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Nah, she's the "gift" that keeps on giving...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3719782/homeless-margaret-cash-mum-left-her-100k-will/
    100k in 7 years so she can start paying her own way then I assume. Please discuss.

Article ends, shockingly, with Margaret crying racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I'd say she really regrets going public now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'd say she really regrets going public now

That would require self-awareness.

She has none.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Margaret shared the following story

Travellers feel they have been 'left to die' on rat-infested site

‘We don’t want to live like this, but we have nowhere else to go.’

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/travellers-feel-they-have-been-left-to-die-on-rat-infested-site-1.3788718

Funny enough it's written by her friend Kitty Holland

The comments on the IT FB page are not what Kitty was planning on

More people sympathetic to the Rats and stating that if you dump rubbish you will attract rats

Others stating that the sites have been refurbished before yet are now stripped of wiring etc again

Yet apparently it's up to the taxpayer to sort the issues again and provide the families with housing

Bit irresponsible imo to bring further children into the halting site if things were that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just heard about Peter Casey diaries - on Pat Kenny show on Newstalk, starting tomorrow. They mentioned the traveller issue - brought up when he was looking at getting into the Aras - so it will be interesting to see who they bring in to go against him. Pavee Point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Margaret shared the following story

Travellers feel they have been 'left to die' on rat-infested site

‘We don’t want to live like this, but we have nowhere else to go.’

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/travellers-feel-they-have-been-left-to-die-on-rat-infested-site-1.3788718

40 quid a week per family. I'd expect to live in a sh*thole for that amount too. That's why I work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement