Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year

Options
  • 24-12-2017 3:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

animated-merry-christmas-image-0116.gif

Just following on from some of the thanks in the Udemy thread, many thanks to all the posters who contribute to Bargain alerts every day.

Here’s to a happy and healthy new year with hopefully many more bargains to come!

Please give a special mention to the threads which were your bargain of the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Happy Christmas all, it's been a pleasure moderating (that probably sounds strange).
    Best thread was nespresso machine in Debenhams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Thanks OP, bought two!

And thanks to all who posted bargains this year. I never knew I needed so much weird and wonderful crap!

Happy Christmas all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Any chance we could have a NO CHAT merry Christmas thread.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

Have a happy and peaceful Christmas everybody, and many thanks to all those posters who have contributed to Bargain Alerts through out the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have great holidays y’all

Best bargain that I never got:mad:? Argos Nikon camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ps this isn’t a bloody bargain:D

But seriously, well done the mods

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have great holidays y’all

Best bargain that I never got:mad:? Argos Nikon camera

This was mine. Reduced to 25 euro. Pricing error but argos honoured it at till

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4577917.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7337207

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Happy Christmas & all the best for 2018 :)

Thanks to all who contributed & highlighted bargains :cool:

As for bargain of the year, I'm slightly biased but for me it was the 3/4" socket set from Halfords https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102458330&postcount=648 which was reduced from €300/€150 to €30, I paid €27 which was the bargain of the decade :D

The cheap Maglite torches from Halfords were also great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

merry Xmas everyone . Bought so many things i didn't need cos they were a bargain alert this year ! Cant pick a fave heres to many more

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Have a happy and safe Christmas this year all my fellow bargain alert posters.

My favourite bargain of 2017 had to be the mavic pro I bought back in July followed closely by the Google home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have a good one guys, fav bargain, hmmmmm too many to choose from, gonna have to cut back next year :rolleyes:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

Merry Christmas to all. My bargains of the year had to be the €27 socket set, the €6 screwdriver set from Halfords, and the maglites.

An honourable mention must got to the vast amount of random crap posted by Suckit, much of which is slowly winging it's way to me now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Thanks everyone especially suckit...love getting stuff I've forgotten about like 2 lots of aveeno samples this week..the naked palette from Debenhams and the head phones are wrapped and ready to be given as presents tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Typical BA thread.....no bloody bargain when you click on the link....just chat:D

I bought too many things I didn't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Happy Christmas to you all.

Happy Christmas to you all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Happy Christmas all

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭daedal

Bah Humbug

Thanks for making life that little bit cheaper filled with more junk i don't need!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Deal of the year for me was the "Free Revolut Physical Card" which extended my Revolut for another 3 years and upgraded my card to a new contactless card

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057794659

As usual Revolut is the deal of the decade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Thanks to all the contributors across the forum for posting your alerts, I hope some of you made trifle out of those bowl size sockets! I think those, the dewalt impact driver and Nikon camera were probably best of the year, here's to many more in 2018!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Happy Christmas to all.

I'll post the same as last year, a big thanks to the pricescanner and checkargos guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Happy Christmas to all.

I'll post the same as last year, a big thanks to the pricescanner and checkargos guys.

^ What he said!
    And:

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight—

“Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

vicwatson wrote:
    Best bargain that I never got ? Argos Nikon camera

I was lucky enough to get this and gave it as a Christmas present,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Happy Christmas to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Happy Christmas..

Happy Christmas..

.. that's a BOGOF there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Happy Christmas guys and a happy new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Happy Christmas to you all, another one to love the Revolut Card, best thing about traveling and online shopping to be honest.

I only ever buy my bed linen on Argos at vastly reduced prices, so we're all safe and warm!

Some half price sets and 3/2 deals at the moment.

-opps this is supposed to be in the halfords socket thread

Advertisement