Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public tennis courts level 5 covid restrictions

• 23-10-2020 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if public tennis courts managed by the councils will remain open? I know Tennis Ireland released a statement and the private clubs are closing - I assume the likes of Dublin City Council will lock courts like Ringsend Park courts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

YellowLead wrote: »
    Does anybody know if public tennis courts managed by the councils will remain open? I know Tennis Ireland released a statement and the private clubs are closing - I assume the likes of Dublin City Council will lock courts like Ringsend Park courts?

All sports except at an elite level, and for children, are banned. Does that answer your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭YellowLead

All sports except at an elite level, and for children, are banned. Does that answer your question?

I’m afraid it doesn’t. Individual training is allowed to continue. So people could go to a court alone and practice their serves for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I’m afraid it doesn’t. Individual training is allowed to continue. So people could go to a court alone and practice their serves for example.

I would be astounded if these remain open. The aim of this level 5 (whether you agree with it or not) is to limit opportunity for people to interact/cross paths.

KaneToad wrote: »
    I would be astounded if these remain open. The aim of this level 5 (whether you agree with it or not) is to limit opportunity for people to interact/cross paths.

I would be surprised too. But I would love confirmation from somebody who has walked passed so I can know for sure.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Their current advice is that ALL tennis activity ceases, including children's coaching.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Their current advice is that ALL tennis activity ceases, including children's coaching.

So I understand this. But the government level 5 guidelines say that individual training can continue so hence my question, which I don’t think is that unreasonable to wonder about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

So I understand this. But the government level 5 guidelines say that individual training can continue so hence my question, which I don’t think is that unreasonable to wonder about :)

I suppose it depends on how many balls you have and how many you’re prepared to lose with no one returning them. Find a handball alley and practice your serves there.

I suppose it depends on how many balls you have and how many you’re prepared to lose with no one returning them. Find a handball alley and practice your serves there.

True, I could practice anywhere really when it’s just serving- make my own net and draw my own line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

I got a key to my local public courts to play tennis.
    There is a great handball alley in Nurney, it is great if dry and in a quiet little town.
    http://www.irishhandballalley.ie/2008/08/nurney-co-kildare.html

Advertisement