Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonpass 10 USD (8.99 EUR) per visit (Airport Lounge Access)

• 16-01-2020 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Might be interesting for some of you, handy little trick for getting cheap lounge access at Dublin T1 and T2 and Cork (Plus around 800 lounges around the world)

Register with Red by Dufry
    https://sso.dufry.com/register

After you have registered, you will first get the silver status, which brings at least 5% discount in all Dufry shops. If you now go to your profile in the app and scroll down a bit, you can simply enter HAPPYBIRTHDAY2020 under "Promotion code". After updating, the platinum status should then be displayed in the app.

With this status you get a 10% discount in duty free if you get one from Dufry. On the other hand, you should have received an email at the same time with access data for DragonPass (Dragonpass is a PriorityPass alternative) make sure you save it somewhere.

Download the Dragonpass App, use the details in the e-mail to register.

Note: If the e-mail with the access data for the DragonPass does not come automatically as with us, you have to go to "Airport advantages" in the app and then "Lounge access". To do this, you must have selected an airport as the home airport that also has a lounge (e.g. Dublin). Then you will be forwarded to the application. At this point, the app sometimes hangs, just try it several times.

After that you should have Dragonpass access free for 1 year, meaning you can buy access to a lounge for 10 USD (8.99) you cannot bring a guest though so they would need to perform the same procedure to get access for 10 USD.

Use Revolut/N26 for extra currency savings :)

Happy lounging :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks for posting that - have an upcoming long layover in Newark - this will be perfect!!
    One question - can I sign kids up to it too do you know??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Only wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that - have an upcoming long layover in Newark - this will be perfect!!
    One question - can I sign kids up to it too do you know??

Kids under 2 are free I believe but for older you'd need to sign the kids up as individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

I cant find Airport advantages inj the dragonpass app ?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

redcup342 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Might be interesting for some of you, handy little trick for getting cheap lounge access at Dublin T1 and T2 and Cork (Plus around 800 lounges around the world)

After you have registered, you will first get the silver status, which brings at least 5% discount in all Dufry shops. If you now go to your profile in the app and scroll down a bit, you can simply enter HAPPYBIRTHDAY2020 under "Promotion code". After updating, the platinum status should then be displayed in the app.

With this status you get a 10% discount in duty free if you get one from Dufry. On the other hand, you should have received an email at the same time with access data for DragonPass (Dragonpass is a PriorityPass alternative) make sure you save it somewhere.

Note: If the e-mail with the access data for the DragonPass does not come automatically as with us, you have to go to "Airport advantages" in the app and then "Lounge access". To do this, you must have selected an airport as the home airport that also has a lounge (e.g. Dublin). Then you will be forwarded to the application. At this point, the app sometimes hangs, just try it several times.

After that you should have Dragonpass access free for 1 year, meaning you can buy access to a lounge for 10 USD (8.99) you cannot bring a guest though so they would need to perform the same procedure to get access for 10 USD.

Thank you, I was on the fence about renewing my lounge pass. Glad I didnt :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Hi Guys,

First of all, Thanks a million for posting this. I did exactly as you suggested and am almost there. I didnt get the email with dragonpass login details. On the Red app, when I click on the button to get the lounge pass, its not bringing me onto the dragonpass app, just refreshing itself. I've done this a good few times but no joy, am I missing something?

Once again, thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

First of all, Thanks a million for posting this. I did exactly as you suggested and am almost there. I didnt get the email with dragonpass login details. On the Red app, when I click on the button to get the lounge pass, its not bringing me onto the dragonpass app, just refreshing itself. I've done this a good few times but no joy, am I missing something?

Once again, thanks a million
    On the Red App I had to pick an airport (chose belfast as Dublin wasn’t coming up) then selected “I want it” at the bottom. It asks you to confirm transferring data to dragonpass then should give login info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Code is only valid for 30 days though I think. I'm on Red for a while and they automatically applied a similar code to my account a few months ago and that only lasted a month.

Edit: to clarify, you need Red Platinum to get the $10 rate (it's $25 with silver). The code, presuming it works the same as my one recently, gives you Platinum for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Also don't forget, that you must pre-purchase a voucher with this dragonpass variant. You can not just show up at the lounge to gain access!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

On the Red App I had to pick an airport (chose belfast as Dublin wasn’t coming up) then selected “I want it” at the bottom. It asks you to confirm transferring data to dragonpass then should give login info.

I got it sorted, thanks. I had to go into the apps setting in my phones settings and click on "Ask every time" for opening options. This forced the app to bring up the page you referred to about transferring to Dragonpass.

Thanks again to all for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Hi Guys,

Hey! Thanks for this. Do you get anything if we put in your 'referral id' (it is asking me this when registering, just thought it might give you something)

• Advertisement

Caryatnid wrote: »
    Hey! Thanks for this. Do you get anything if we put in your 'referral id' (it is asking me this when registering, just thought it might give you something)

Ah no man thanks very much anyways :) the forum rules don't allow referrals

Code is only valid for 30 days though I think. I'm on Red for a while and they automatically applied a similar code to my account a few months ago and that only lasted a month.

Edit: to clarify, you need Red Platinum to get the $10 rate (it's $25 with silver). The code, presuming it works the same as my one recently, gives you Platinum for a month.

Pardon my stupidity but .... if I sign up now with the code and don't use it until say July, I will need to pay $25 for lounge access?? Am I reading that correct?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Thanks, will be Dublin T1 in 2 weeks. Have free fast track security and now cheap lounge access for the trip.

Kids under 2 are free I believe but for older you'd need to sign the kids up as individuals.

Thanks - I wasn't sure if you could buy membership for kids or if it was adults only ... looks like theres no issue :)

Only wrote: »
    Pardon my stupidity but .... if I sign up now with the code and don't use it until say July, I will need to pay $25 for lounge access?? Am I reading that correct?

This offer requires you to purchase a voucher to get into a lounge in advance of the trip and vouchers are valid for a year.

So you buy your vouchers now for the cheap price and use them through the year.

Otherwise you will pay the higher price once your month of platinum membership is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

This offer requires you to purchase a voucher to get into a lounge in advance of the trip and vouchers are valid for a year.

Otherwise you will pay the higher price once your month of platinum membership is over.

Are you sure it's just for a month? It says valid until 16 January 2021 for me in the app.

https://www.travelpirates.com/other/dragonpass-lounge-passes-for-ten-dollars_12690

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Nice one. Bit of a nuisance that the platinum.membership expires in a month if you are not sure of your trips this year. If it expired in a year like the dragonfly one does you'd have more certainty to buy passes as you'd know where you were going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Tippex

Great find OP thanks using it next week

VG31 wrote: »
    Are you sure it's just for a month? It says valid until 16 January 2021 for me in the app.

https://www.travelpirates.com/other/dragonpass-lounge-passes-for-ten-dollars_12690

Your Red platinum membership is only for 30 days and your level on red determines how much you pay for your dragon pass lounge vouchers.

Your dragon pass is valid for a year but how much you pay is linked to your red level.

So if you purchase a voucher now it’s 10$ but once you drop off red platinum you pay 24$ per voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I got it sorted, thanks. I had to go into the apps setting in my phones settings and click on "Ask every time" for opening options. This forced the app to bring up the page you referred to about transferring to Dragonpass.

Thanks again to all for your help.

I'm having the same problem. How did you do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Thanks OP!! Does anyone know if I would have to pay the full price of non-member lounge access (€25) for my 7 year old daughter to accompany me, or is there child discounts?

Fantastic!!! Didn't realise I could purchase that far in advance ... Thank you VERY much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Greg81

Thank you OP. Great find!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Do you have to know your travel dates when buying the voucher or can you just walk into the lounge on any given day / time with them before the expire?

Also if I was to buy four, can I give two to my OH or are they linked to my name/account so she'd need her own account?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

For the uninitiated, what's the story with airport lounges? Why do you have to pay in, is there free drink when you get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

For the uninitiated, what's the story with airport lounges? Why do you have to pay in, is there free drink when you get in?

Yes. Some lounges have self service bars, others are attended. It's customary in the US to tip the bar staff in the lounge.

stdidit wrote: »
    Do you have to know your travel dates when buying the voucher or can you just walk into the lounge on any given day / time with them before the expire?

I just bought one. No date of travel needed. Will test it on Monday.
    Also if I was to buy four, can I give two to my OH or are they linked to my name/account so she'd need her own account?

They are linked to your account.

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/2017/11/24/dublin-airport-executive-lounge-review/

Read a review, everything is complementary after you pay entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Greg81 wrote: »
    Thank you OP. Great find!

Are the passes specific to a particular lounge, or an I use it at any participating lounge?

• Advertisement

Ro-76 wrote: »
    Are the passes specific to a particular lounge, or an I use it at any participating lounge?

As far as I understand you can use it in any participating lounge. You just "topping up" your dragonpass with "visits"

Advertisement