Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnightly Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Hi, did anyone pick up the latest book today? I checked my local easons but they reckon they won't get it until next week...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Hi, did anyone pick up the latest book today? I checked my local easons but they reckon they won't get it until next week...?
    Got told the same and saw online that people in england and scotland are having same problem :/

That's okay, I'd rather a week's delay than a gap in the collection. I think the next book is an a avengers title, looking forward to it.

That's okay, I'd rather a week's delay than a gap in the collection. I think the next book is an a avengers title, looking forward to it.
    Yep Avengers Forever, i'm more looking forward to what follows...Kraven's last hunt

Didnt particularly enjoy Captain Britain

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

got my copy of avengers forever today in easons in limerick,its never been more than a day late there.

• Advertisement

statomosh wrote: »
    got my copy of avengers forever today in easons in limerick,its never been more than a day late there.
    must head to my newsagents 2mrw

Thanks for posting that, just rang my local Easons and they have it in stock.
    jpcarlow wrote: »
    Yep Avengers Forever, i'm more looking forward to what follows...Kraven's last hunt

Didnt particularly enjoy Captain Britain

I have Kraven's Last Hunt in trade already and chances are I'm going to buy it again with this collection. It's a good read alright.

I haven't read Captain Britain as yet however I have high expectations with Alan Moore's name on the cover.

I haven't read Captain Britain as yet however I have high expectations with Alan Moore's name on the cover.
    So did I, hence my disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dunno if they are trying to capture the time period with each issue of Avengers Forever but Carlos Pacheco really got screwed over by the colouring in these issues. Really makes it look poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Moore's Captain Britain run is really good. Surprised to hear you didn't like it.

• Advertisement

This week Kraven's Last Hunt
    kravenslasthunt.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kosinski93

does every easons in ireland stock the marvel ultimate collection? I just got issue 13 - kravens last hunt and i thought it was brilliant, read it right through and im now hooked! hope to get some of the previous issues and the future issues and it would be easy if easons stocked it

"Spyder, spyder burning bright! In the forests of the night what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?"
    kosinski93 wrote: »
    does every easons in ireland stock the marvel ultimate collection? I just got issue 13 - kravens last hunt and i thought it was brilliant, read it right through and im now hooked! hope to get some of the previous issues and the future issues and it would be easy if easons stocked it
    i would imagine so, good to see you're joining :) though previous issues are gonna be a biatch to get seeing as some people cant even get their subscriptions

"Spyder, spyder burning bright! In the forests of the night what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

great ending, forbidden planet in town had a good few of the previous issues but its a bit of a trek for me so hence why it would be easier if easons stocked it :)

kosinski93 wrote: »

great ending, forbidden planet in town had a good few of the previous issues but its a bit of a trek for me so hence why it would be easier if easons stocked it :)
    they do, where u from? if you're near carlow the carlow easons has a few too

limerick easons have hem every forthnight.forbidden planet do a mail order too so they will post them to you.

how much are easons charging for each new issue? like it will work out cheaper i reckon if i bought it straight from easons compared to getting it mailed to me because i will have to pay for postage

easons are charging 14.70 per issue.

The latest issue (the Cap one) is just astoundingly impressive

aye,it was a top notch read,everything from the art to the storytelling was quality.im not a big fan of cap but i really enjoyed that book.it makes up for that cap britain story a few weeks back which was complete rubbish.

• Advertisement

aye,it was a top notch read,everything from the art to the storytelling was quality.im not a big fan of cap but i really enjoyed that book.it makes up for that cap britain story a few weeks back which was complete rubbish.
    i think it's a shame that avengers was set modern times, this would've been a great sequel for cap i think

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pariah

Ok, so am just wondering what is the latest issue thats out now? I ask, as I(finally! After many emails back and forth), seem to have my subscription issues sorted out from the company.
    Last one I got was #9 (Wolverine) - so how far behind am I??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Pariah wrote: »
    Ok, so am just wondering what is the latest issue thats out now? I ask, as I(finally! After many emails back and forth), seem to have my subscription issues sorted out from the company.
    Last one I got was #9 (Wolverine) - so how far behind am I??

I think the current one is 14 (The cap one)

Got 10 and 11 today....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Pariah wrote: »
    Got 10 and 11 today....

me too.

Is there a list of all releases?
    Im pretty sure I've missed one or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

List comes from wikipedia, we are currently on #15 (It's out either this week or next, can't remember.)

Release|Issue|Name
    1|21|The Amazing Spider-Man: Coming Home
    2|2|Uncanny X-Men: Dark Phoenix
    3|43|Iron Man: Extremis
    4|28|The Ultimates: Super-Human
    5|9|The Amazing Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
    6|52|Thor: Reborn
    7|44|Captain America: Winter Soldier
    8|11|The Incredible Hulk: Silent Screams
    9|4|Wolverine: Wolverine
    10|36|Astonishing X-Men: Gifted
    11|3|Captain Britain: A Crooked World
    12|14|Avengers: Forever (Part 1)
    13|10|The Amazing Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
    14|27|Captain America: The New Deal
    15|13|Marvels
    16|TBC|Avengers: Disassembled
    17|TBC|New X-Men: E is for Extinction
    18|TBC|Secret War
    19|15|Avengers: Forever (Part 2)
    20|TBC|Daredevil: Born Again
    21|TBC|She Hulk: Single Green Female
    22|TBC|Marvel Zombies
    23|45|The Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk (Part 1)
    24|TBC|Punisher: Welcome Back Frank Part 1
    25|TBC|Ultimate Spider-Man: Power and Responsibility
    26|6|Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars (Part 1)
    27|16|The Mighty Thor: In Search of Gods
    28|37|Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous
    29|1|Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle
    30|46|The Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk (Part 2)
    31|TBC|Captain America: The Chosen
    32|TBC|New Avengers: Break Out
    33|25|Spider-Man: Blue
    34|TBC|New X-Men: Imperial
    35|40|House of M
    36|26|Wolverine: Origin
    37|TBC|Fantastic Four: Unthinkable
    38|5|Thor: The Last Viking
    39|50|Civil War
    40|7|Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars (Part 2)
    41|TBC|Fantastic Four: Authoritative Action
    42|51|Fallen Son: Death of Captain America
    43|TBC|Punisher: Welcome Back Frank (Part 2)
    44|29|The Ultimates: Homeland Security
    45|12|Wolverine: Weapon X
    46|TBC|1602
    47|TBC|Daredevil: Guardian Devil
    48|22|The Amazing Spider-Man: Revelations
    49|53|Eternals
    50|TBC|Black Panther: Who Is The Black Panther
    51|55|World War Hulk
    52|47|Fantastic Four: The End
    53|59|Captain Britain and MI13: Vampire State
    54|57|Wolverine: Old Man Logan
    55|TBC|Secret Invasion
    56|TBC|Doctor Strange: The Oath
    57|56|Thunderbolts: Faith In Monsters
    58|TBC|Ghost Rider: Road To Damnation
    59|TBC|Son Of M
    60|60|Siege

Has anybody else who subscribed received a letter about their payment method??

I use my da's credit card, and got a letter from Hachette the other day saying that the payment method is "NOT AUTHORISED".....
    Can anyone shed light on this??

Things have gotten odder.

Went to the P.O. today to get a parcel. Issues 12 and 13.

But here's where the things get odd.....

The Letter about the payment was sent on the 04/07/2012.
    The invoice with the issues today is dated the 05/07/2012. But on the section with the payment details it has a "Balance B/Fwd: €31.98" - which is the cost of two issues.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Could it be that their finance section made a SNAFU, and that the payment isn't cancelled??

The forewards and Artist comments in marvels were truly great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just finished Marvels, one of the most enjoyable issues in the series so far especially storywise and the notes just showed how much research and effort Busiek put into it. On the art side of things I can appreciate Ross' style from a technical standpoint but his style just doesn't grab me and a lot of the costumes just look terrible.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just finished Marvels, one of the most enjoyable issues in the series so far especially storywise and the notes just showed how much research and effort Busiek put into it. On the art side of things I can appreciate Ross' style from a technical standpoint but his style just doesn't grab me and a lot of the costumes just look terrible.
    I truly love it, big fan of his style ( i keep buying his variant covers for The Shadow)

Back to marvel, this week is Avengers Disassembled

avengers-disassembled.jpg

Advertisement