Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, career is my go to but the last great career mode i played was EA MMA which is ironic as it was made by EA as well. Agree, it could do with another dev giving out a go but then we would have a few years of them sorting out their own mma gameplay.

I checked my ufc 3 and i don't see a tile on the main menu to preorder ufc 4, hope it's not just for America.

On reddit, a guy in the uk can see 4 preorder discount on his 3 menu but other people can't. Hope it's just taking its time to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It was on my menu last night but clicking on it ended in an error screen within the PS Store. Will try it again later and report back, the servers for UFC 3 have been muck for me the last few days so maybe it’s related.

Hopefully, that 20% discount brings it to 56 euro which is a tasty price. I never played much online ranked but what do ye make of caf's being allowed and not being able to choose weight class?

They said caf's will be balanced but there's bound to be an exploit. Also your main caf will be selectable in all weight divisions, the game will auto resize them. A lot of people online not happy about caf's being allowed but when are people online happy.

My 4 preorder just showed up, it was hidden behind the black lives matter message. Brought me to the store and worked. Have it preordered now for €56.69. nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is the pre-order bonus there for anyone who has the third game?
    I plan on getting this when its out and of course it would be nice to get the added content weather they will add much to the game though is anyones guess.

Having had the last few hopefully there are a some improvements to the gameplay itself and a bit more depth to the career mode.

It's a pity there's not going to be some kind of update for the newer machines coming out in the next few months as well.

The preorder bonus (fury, joshua and the customisation gear for your character) are there for anyone who preorders whether digital or from store. There is a 10% discount if you order through the main menu of ufc 3 (bit finicky for some people but just worked for me) and another 10% discount if you have an EA Access subscription. You get a free trial of it from the psn store or but 1 month for 3 or 4 quid. Then download ufc 3 from there for free if you don't already have it and preorder through that game for the 20% discount.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The preorder bonus (fury, joshua and the customisation gear for your character) are there for anyone who preorders whether digital or from store. There is a 10% discount if you order through the main menu of ufc 3 (bit finicky for some people but just worked for me) and another 10% discount if you have an EA Access subscription. You get a free trial of it from the psn store or but 1 month for 3 or 4 quid. Then download ufc 3 from there for free if you don't already have it and preorder through that game for the 20% discount.

Nice one thanks ill have a look so!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hopefully, that 20% discount brings it to 56 euro which is a tasty price. I never played much online ranked but what do ye make of caf's being allowed and not being able to choose weight class?

They said caf's will be balanced but there's bound to be an exploit. Also your main caf will be selectable in all weight divisions, the game will auto resize them. A lot of people online not happy about caf's being allowed but when are people online happy.

Just worked for me too, don’t like pre-ordering anything these days but 57 quid is too good a price to pass up.

As for the weight class thing, I actually really like that myself because I always enjoy trying out new fighters and this stops anyone from getting so good with one fighter and spamming the same few moves every time. It should result in a fairer ranking system and fairly reflect the player’s skill at the game. Never use CAFs outside of UT so I’ve no strong opinion on that.

Was waiting for this, a breakdown of the trailer. Martial Mind (EA Gamechanger) has seen a lot more but under NDA, still points out some stuff I missed though.

Interesting that there is no clinch deny. You avoid clinch with strikes, footwork, etc. but clinch is so fluid, it works really well. He says Clinch is his favourite change in the game. I always hated clinch in these games, felt so unnatural and robotic.

• Advertisement

Just got my beta code!!

Same, looking forward to getting stuck into this later! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just got mine but the idiots sent me an xbox code..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Downloading now :) a very nice surprise

Axwell wrote: »
    Just got mine but the idiots sent me an xbox code..:mad:

Sucks man, other people in twitter saying the same, hope they can sort you out with a proper code.

This guy is streaming it, will be ready in a minute.

EA killed that one fairly quickly Zero! :eek:

martyos121 wrote: »
    EA killed that one fairly quickly Zero! :eek:

Ha he was saying " they're not gonna get me, **** em, they can't stop this" he for to the fighter select menu (which looks slick as ****) and he was gone. He said it's running 60fps on his ps4 pro.

One fight down, and it feels really good. Just baptised Nate Diaz with Gamebred, KO animation is already looking more realistic. No idea how to manage the new clinch system but I think I figured out how to initiate it at least.

I saw a quick video, really don't like the red that goes around the screen during 'finish the fight', hope that can be turned off. The clinch strikes and scrambling look so fluid.

• Advertisement

Seeing a lot of complaints about striking and takedowns being the same buttons, sounds like it will definitely take some getting used to.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/1282736127619657729?s=19

Can you not advance position on the ground unless you use legacy controls?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Can you not advance position on the ground unless you use legacy controls?

Was wondering the same. Really don’t like the new ground system and I can’t imagine it’ll grow on me or any long time player. Switching to legacy now, hopefully it’s similar to 3.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Was wondering the same. Really don’t like the new ground system and I can’t imagine it’ll grow on me or any long time player. Switching to legacy now, hopefully it’s similar to 3.

I must switch. I'm wonderboy v usman. Absolutely getting mauled. :)

Based on my first online fight, clinch KOs are going to be very common in the early days of this game. It’s pure chaos, but fun.

Can ye invite people to private match? Would be a good way to learn the mechanics with ye on here.

I managed a few games and it feels weird. 2nd game back to legacy controls was way better, had a great battle with Conor vs jorge. The clinch feels great but no idea of the controls. New knee on belly is class. Lots more flow striking going from position to position feels good.

The new sub system is like undisputed 3, only did it once so not sure of it.

There is an invite option so I'll be in around 10 for the night if any of ye want some scraps.

• Advertisement

So if u compare the gameplay directly to 3 does it play better or?

Has anything changed massively or is it small changes?

Advertisement