Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mango Joe wrote: »
    F
    Wow - That's a very certain, authoritative, definite, dismissive and sweeping assertion you couldn't possibly have reliably determined - Thankfully you were in the area to try and help out though - Much appreciated :)

Well... yeah. I mean I do tend to be pretty dismissive of serious allegations of professional malpractice made without any evidence or examples being provided :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Do anyone actually sit down and fully read a game review before buying a game anymore?

Was just watching a digital foundry video on the new system update,transfer speeds not amazing between internal and external drives. It's functional but still tiem consuming.

They came up with a solution to double the storage though,bought a digital edition on top of the disc edition:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Have had 2 freezes today since he update. Hasn’t had any in awhile prior to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very weird one this morning. Powered on the telly using the tv remote and the ps5 powered on with it. Nowhere near the console and the controller is in a drawer. Anyone else have anything like that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Very weird one this morning. Powered on the telly using the tv remote and the ps5 powered on with it. Nowhere near the console and the controller is in a drawer. Anyone else have anything like that happen?

Was the PS5 in rest mode?

Have noticed that but only if it was left on the hdmi input the PS5 is on.

Same as if it was in rest mode and I selected the PS5 input it automatically comes on.

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »
    Was the PS5 in rest mode?

Have noticed that but only if it was left on the hdmi input the PS5 is on.

Same as if it was in rest mode and I selected the PS5 input it automatically comes on.

Ah ok, I'm fairly certain it was powered off but very well could have been in rest mode. Will have to test that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

The new software update has enabled a setting called HDMI device link and this is causing the PS5 to boot up when TV is powered on. Can be disabled in settings menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

As above. Will turn it on even if powered off!

Think I'll leave the setting on for now.

Jesus turning that off straight away. My 3 year old doesn't even know my PS5 exists and i want to keep it that way for a while. Was a close one when she heard the beep coming from the tv unit "WHAT'S THAAAAAT!?" You Bollox Sony. Handy function though if you're not trying to hide your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

doney84 wrote: »
    The new software update has enabled a setting called HDMI device link and this is causing the PS5 to boot up when TV is powered on. Can be disabled in settings menu.

Weirdly this happened/worked for my TV before the update, and now it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

Don’t know if the right place for this question, but said I’d ask as I’m getting an info dump when I Google it.

I want to stream a few games of NBA2K21 from the PS5 to Twitch, it’s just a bit of laugh between work mates viewing two of us battling it out.

I’ve managed to get the voice / chat audio onto the stream, but the game audio is still missing from it.

Note I’m using the Pulse headset so don’t know if this has an effect?

Anyone a solution to getting both voice and game audio into the stream?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Jesus turning that off straight away. My 3 year old doesn't even know my PS5 exists and i want to keep it that way for a while. Was a close one when she heard the beep coming from the tv unit "WHAT'S THAAAAAT!?" You Bollox Sony. Handy function though if you're not trying to hide your console.

My two year old niece recently discovered my PS5 and the Spyro trilogy. She always wants "dinosaur" when she comes for a visit all month :(

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My two year old niece recently discovered my PS5 and the Spyro trilogy. She always wants "dinosaur" when she comes for a visit all month :(

Yupp, I'm mad to show her Astro but i know there'll be no going back after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'm so blessed to not have kids ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My 2yr old is always trying to get one of the controllers but luckily hasn't figured out how to turn the console on. The other older 2 love astro and sackboy, I'm delighted and amazed at the games my kids will get to play compared to what I had at their age.

I can't remember what age i was but i remember Little Computer People as one of my first games on the C64. Already comparing that to the games my kids plays on her tablet is mind-blowing. I've being adding all the kid friendly games on ps plus over the last few years with her in mind also. My niece's still make fun of me when i show them old Mario compared to their new ones but you gotta keep the retro games going!

I am enjoying my PS5 as the last thing i get to keep to myself for a little while yet but not sure how much longer it'll just be 'mine'. She has plenty games on her tablet and she is far from deprived :). Also, that's just the way I do things. I'd never dream of passing judgement on anyone elses parenting as that's a total d1ck move.

Actually, i remember there was a 'Gaming Dad' thread from a few years back that would be good to revive but obviously make it a 'Gamer Parent' one instead.

I apologise. I've no doubt that you're a good dad and uncle. It's just that I've read loads of stories of fathers trying to hide gaming away from their daughters for seemingly no reason other than for the sake of it and wrongly put you in that category. I'm sorry.
    Of course when you're a parent you need as much 'me time' as you can get so it's understandable that when you do get that chance that you actually... get that chance, and not have to fight your little ones for it in the limited time you have.

I come across a lot of judgemental parents so ready to defend myself as even though I'm winging it, I'm killing it at parenting :pac: I can't wait to have my little missus be my player 2 but at the moment the telly is only on a couple of times a day as she's mostly outside playing with bugs and i know as soon as she gets a taste of proper gaming, that'll change so trying to hold onto her love of outdoors for a bit longer. When she's ready, shell have everything she needs to be a proper gamer, i just hope she doesn't fall for whatever Fortnite Bollox is out at that time but i can only guide her towards the Outer Wilds like goodness, then the path will be hers to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Can't remember what settings I have on my PS5 since the update, but the PS5 doesn't turn on when I turn on my TV. On the other hand, if I turn on my PS5 while the TV is turned off, it will also turn on the TV and go to the input for the PS5 - so that seems fairly handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I come across a lot of judgemental parents so ready to defend myself as even though I'm winging it, I'm killing it at parenting I can't wait to have my little missus be my player 2 but at the moment the telly is only on a couple of times a day as she's mostly outside playing with bugs and i know as soon as she gets a taste of proper gaming, that'll change so trying to hold onto her love of outdoors for a bit longer. When she's ready, shell have everything she needs to be a proper gamer, i just hope she doesn't fall for whatever Fortnite Bollox is out at that time but i can only guide her towards the Outer Wilds like goodness, then the path will be hers to take.

I'm in same boat Zero but with a two year old little girl. Have a switch I9 barely play but whenever she gets to my office we always switch on some Mario and she pretends to play away on a second controller happy out. My cousins used to do that to me when we were young and wouldn't want me playing their Mario, F Zero or Donkey Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

When she's ready, shell have everything she needs to be a proper gamer, i just hope she doesn't fall for whatever Fortnite Bollox is out at that time but i can only guide her towards the Outer Wilds like goodness, then the path will be hers to take.

The best craic I have gaming is sitting around playing Fortnite with my two kids. The two of them on Switches and me on the PlayStation.

• Advertisement

The best craic I have gaming is sitting around playing Fortnite with my two kids. The two of them on Switches and me on the PlayStation.

I'm kinda looking forward to playing through all the Lego games with her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

My 7-year-old son is really really big into gaming almost too much as he gets obsessed with it lol.

He has a 3ds xl a fire tablet and a switch lite. Recently his ma and her sisters got there da a PS5 for his birthday (Thanks to me:pac:) So my son has played Astro a few times up in their house so he's on about that all the time now as well.

He's not playing mine and he knows he's not allowed so that's the end of that :P

Dont mind him watching stuff but I spend a lot of money on games and consoles so they're not for kids even mine. I've given him my mini nes to play old SNES and Megadrive games in his room and its already kinda broke lol

My 4-year-old daughter doesn't give a ****e about games so far suits me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My 7-year-old son is really really big into gaming almost too much as he gets obsessed with it lol.

He has a 3ds xl a fire tablet and a switch lite. Recently his ma and her sisters got there da a PS5 for his birthday (Thanks to me:pac:) So my son has played Astro a few times up in their house so he's on about that all the time now as well.

He's not playing mine and he knows he's not allowed so that's the end of that :P

Dont mind him watching stuff but I spend a lot of money on games and consoles so they're not for kids even mine. I've given him my mini nes to play old SNES and Megadrive games in his room and its already kinda broke lol

My 4-year-old daughter doesn't give a ****e about games so far suits me lol.

Surely you'd allow him play Astro if you're sitting with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Surely you'd allow him play Astro if you're sitting with him?

Maybe at some point I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,224 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TheBalcony wrote: »
    Wonder if Horizon will still release this year or will it get pushed with Covid.

Been waiting for something to play

I think it might still make release, but God of War Ragnarok will probably be pushed to 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

TheBalcony wrote: »
    Wonder if Horizon will still release this year or will it get pushed with Covid.

Been waiting for something to play

Definitely going to get delayed till next year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭klose

Does anyone else's ps5 go to standby but cut out, always end up getting the angry ps5 beepbeepbeep when I reboot it then saying its repairing the data base.? Happened 4 or 5 times now, boots up grand then.

Advertisement