Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blaupunkt 32 inch TV €119 -Tesco

• 10-02-2020 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Just seen this in Tesco in Jervis Shopping Centre. Seems like decent value ! Not sure what they're like, but would be suitable for a kitchen or kids room I'm sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭Homelander

They're fairly crap but realistically a brand new TV for €120, you really couldn't complain no matter what you planned doing with it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

lenoude wrote: »
    Just seen this in Tesco in Jervis Shopping Centre. Seems like decent value ! Not sure what they're like, but would be suitable for a kitchen or kids room I'm sure.

I got one last week. Not a great TV but to be fair, for €120, I'm quite happy with it. Have it in my room atm

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats not even HD, its 1366 which is normal......for 13" displays. Like a smear of sudocream over everything at 32". Save an extra €50 for something watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

ED E wrote: »
    Thats not even HD, its 1366 which is normal......for 13" displays. Like a smear of sudocream over everything at 32". Save an extra €50 for something watchable.

Not full HD

Fine for 32" though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thanks OP for taking the time to post this, it's exactly what I've had an eye out for and picked one up tonight. The picture is phenomenal! I say that as it's replacing a 20" 4:3 flat screen that I bought in Power City for €400 in 2005, hence why I'm giving the new tv such a glowing review. Where the TV is located gets little use, so didn't really have a need to upgrade, but for €119 you can't go wrong.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    Thanks OP for taking the time to post this, it's exactly what I've had an eye out for and picked one up tonight. The picture is phenomenal! I say that as it's replacing a 20" 4:3 flat screen that I bought in Power City for €400 in 2005, hence why I'm giving the new tv such a glowing review. Where the TV is located gets little use, so didn't really have a need to upgrade, but for €119 you can't go wrong.

Is it really that good? It’s not HD according to google

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

God be with the days we used to hire a TV from Telerents and it would be a pile of junk that kept breaking down :pac:

Thanks for this OP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They didn't have it in Clearwater and I was just looking for one for the bedroom, after 16 years of TV free bedroom. They did have the Sharp32bb2i for €179 though, allegedly €70 off. It's £169.99 on Richer Sounds so I treated myself.

Edit: Deliberately didn't want a smart TV as I had a 4k fire stick that wasn't being used

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Is it really that good? It’s not HD according to google

In the context of what it replaced it is. The old one didn't even have a HDMI port!

Would this tv have freeviee capabilities? I mean just sticking in a cable from satellite dish into back without a box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ED E wrote: »
    Thats not even HD
    It's HD ready and it's 32".. it'll be fine!

Have a HD Ready 32" Bush TV (bought for €200 in Argos) in my bedroom 5 years ago this summer - it's watched regularly and it's still perfect.

My 2 c's - don't knock cheap brands.

I always save the Sony's, Samsung's, LG's for the living room, and buy cheap for elaewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Can anyone let me know if there's some sort of audio out on this as I'd like to connect to external speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This offer anywhere in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This offer anywhere in Cork?

They had some in Midleton last weekend

TheTorment wrote: »
    Would this tv have freeviee capabilities? I mean just sticking in a cable from satellite dish into back without a box?

There is a network cable for freeview HD, but I've no idea how that works geographically.

blastman wrote: »
    Can anyone let me know if there's some sort of audio out on this as I'd like to connect to external speakers?
    You have a few options on how to do it.

502763.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Finally bit the bullet and grabbed the second-last one of these from my local Tesco last night so thanks to the OP, and delly for the additional info. First impressions are good, the picture isn't the greatest, but it's not bad and perfectly fine for a bedroom which is where it will live.

Interestingly, when I was picking this up last night, I noticed Tesco are also selling a 32" Technika TV that appears to be identical in spec to this one, but it's (I think) €60 more expensive. Even the 24" Technika is dearer than the Blaupunkt, so definitely a good deal.

Advertisement