Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

• 13-04-2020 3:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New thread, Ahhh new thread smell......ya'll know the rules by now ;), post Ta or gtfo

Old thread here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057986937

Ta'd at stubbing my toe :'(

Mod:

Hi gang,

Please note it would not be a wise course of action for us to start commenting on others TAs as TA.

It discourages contribution and makes a very enjoyable thread adversarial.

As I have said before in a mod note on this thread, each person's TA is their own. I would hate to see posters discussing others for posting in this thread: intentionally or otherwise. It will kill the thread in the long run.

Any queries on this please PM me.

Mod warning also repeated in post #3352

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd that Seph got to create the new TA thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Ta'd the young whippersnapper couldn't even come up with a decent title. Foreshame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

After three days of peace it seems the day trippers are out again. Why can't people stay TF at home... or at least within 2km...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

I'm very close to abusing the face off the next person in the supermarket who is making no effort to maintain distancing from me. I do wonder how deep a hole someone would have to have lived in for the last month for them not to know what's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The fact that Gemma O'Doherty exists.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ken. wrote: »
    Ta'd the young whippersnapper couldn't even come up with a decent title. Foreshame.

Ta'd at being picked on by the two auld fella's :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Antares35 wrote: »
    After three days of peace it seems the day trippers are out again. Why can't people stay TF at home... or at least within 2km...

My house is right beside St Anne's Park in Clontarf. It's busy in there today. Cars pulled up outside and entire families heading in with hurls, balls, bikes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

storker wrote: »
    I'm very close to abusing the face off the next person in the supermarket who is making no effort to maintain distancing from me. I do wonder how deep a hole someone would have to have lived in for the last month for them not to know what's required.

I told a couple with 2 small kids (probably 3&4 yrs of age) to back away from me in the queue the other night... The mother looked at me as if I was messing... Eh no I'm serious back away!*

What level of stupid do you need to be to think bringing kids is a good idea... Both parents there so not as if child minding was an issue.

Plus at 7 at night it's bed the kids should be going not a supermarket, ffs.

*the 2 metres is measured out, but the queue was so long it was meandering through the carpark so everyone else was making a good stab at guessing the distance .

Ta'd at being picked on by the two auld fella's :-P

Ta'd that children are being heard and not seen.

I told a couple with 2 small kids (probably 3&4 yrs of age) to back away from me in the queue the other night... The mother looked at me as if I was messing... Eh no I'm serious back away!*

What level of stupid do you need to be to think bringing kids is a good idea... Both parents there so not as if child minding was an issue.

Plus at 7 at night it's bed the kids should be going not a supermarket, ffs.

*the 2 metres is measured out, but the queue was so long it was meandering through the carpark so everyone else was making a good stab at guessing the distance .
    I would have done the same. OH made a rare trip to the shop over the weekend. I stayed outside since there was no point both of us going in. It took him forever to return and he said it was because there were idiots inside congregating in the aisles and making up their minds about different products. He was holding back each time for a clearing so he could take the product he needed. Why dont people decide what they need before and do a list. This is not a time for browsing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I would have done the same. OH made a rare trip to the shop over the weekend. I stayed outside since there was no point both of us going in. It took him forever to return and he said it was because there were idiots inside congregating in the aisles and making up their minds about different products. He was holding back each time for a clearing so he could take the product he needed. Why dont people decide what they need before and do a list. This is not a time for browsing!

I've resigned myself that a shop will take between 2-3 hrs... That's fine I can deal with that..... My patience for idiots is getting less and less.... Its a month now.. Plenty of time to cop yourself on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA that there aren't enough cats in this thread title.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd that children are being heard and not seen.

Big bully !

rebellious-sticking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

New Home wrote: »
    TA that there are too many cats in this thread title.

FYP :D

Big bully !

rebellious-sticking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sh!t, was going to ground you but with covid I'm powerless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

TA hearing about people flouting the restriction order

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sh!t, was going to ground you but with covid I'm powerless.

Get him to act like a cat & like things clean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Get him to act like a cat & like things clean.
    Speaking of that, it trivially annoys me when I think I'm having a moment of connection with my cat and suddenly he furiously dives down into cleaning his balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

First cardio session of the year. Coughed up the almightiest furball :pac: *

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Despite a factual error being acknowledged and corrected by the poster, others continue to quote / refer to the original incorrect statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

TA'd at being the 22nd post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

TA at an post, deliveries being delayed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Why dont people decide what they need before and do a list. This is not a time for browsing!

I find some people do but they are just a tad slower at finding things and they are picky regarding the piece of meat, fish, bread they pick and won’t just throw anything in the trolley.

I find some people do but they are just a tad slower at finding things and they are picky regarding the piece of meat, fish, bread they pick and won’t just throw anything in the trolley.

We are far from spoiled for choice in our local supermarket. You would be lucky to get 80% of what is on your list never mind the luxury of picking and choosing. And they are still congregating when the guidelines specify one person shopping.

DPD. Using the coronavirus to explain away their shíte service when in fact, they have just always operated that way.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd that I left my waiter's friend corkscrew behind when I moved out of the marital home and I have a really nice rose here that has a proper cork...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DPD. Using the coronavirus to explain away their sh service when in fact, they have just always operated that way.

Never had a good experience with them. They lost a double buggy for a week and a half on me a couple of years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA'd that I left my waiter's friend corkscrew behind when I moved out of the marital home and I have a really nice rose here that has a proper cork...

Pop it .
    Tastes the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

cj maxx wrote: »
    Pop it .
    Tastes the same ;)

How do you do that? That's a handy skill to know??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm *usually* sympathetic and non judgemental but the phrase "stuck in a rut" just ta's the daylights out of me.
    Usually said by people with more options and resources than most.
    Just no drive or willingness to make the effort for something good or different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement