Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft Office 365 Home

• 25-11-2017 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

While not the cheapest prices I’ve ever seen, MS Office 365 Home edition (5 PCs/Macs, 1 year) is reduced in a few places.

Argos.ie - €57.99 with McAfee
    Amazon.de - €48.99 (activation code by email), €52 (by post including postage)
    Amazon.fr - €49.99 (activation code by email)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Thanks for that, I have one ordered for collection in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

These are 1-year licences... yes???

Will these prices hold in year 2+++

Also... if giving free Cloud access...what happens your file if you fail to renew???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Amazon Germany tell me it's not available in Ireland, and try to direct me to the UK store. Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭razor12345

Anyone know if you can stack these licenses?
    SachaJ wrote: »
    While not the cheapest prices I’ve ever seen, MS Office 365 Home edition (5 PCs/Macs, 1 year) is reduced in a few places.

Argos.ie - €57.99 with McAfee
    Amazon.de - €48.99 (activation code by email), €52 (by post including postage)
    Amazon.fr - €49.99 (activation code by email)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Masala wrote: »
    These are 1-year licences... yes???

Will these prices hold in year 2+++

Also... if giving free Cloud access...what happens your file if you fail to renew???

Please hold while we google that for you ............................∞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

razor12345 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can stack these licenses?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭SachaJ

On Amazon UK now for £49.99. Works out at around €57 so not really any cheaper than Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

This is an Amazon deal of the day today at £52.99, but it says its uk only. Is that correct or can the downloaded code be used in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

www . software4students . ie sells discounted Microsoft/other software.

I see a 4 year Microsoft Office University license for €79.
    Many, many years ago I bought Windows 7 licenses from them.
    Just put in a random secondary school at the time.

Just in case you can't stack the 5 1 year licenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

You can buy this also using your unused Three credits from buygamecredit.com. 69 euro for a 365 personal.

ablelocks wrote: »
    This is an Amazon deal of the day today at £52.99, but it says its uk only. Is that correct or can the downloaded code be used in Ireland?

Change your default address to a UK one and buy it. It's how I did it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

If your employer has a lot of office licences they may be part of a scheme where you can buy it for 13.99

https://www.microsofthup.com/hupemea1/home.aspx?country_id=IE

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Mr.S wrote: »
    Waste of €5 tbh, would have been better to just download it for free. Those Professional Plus keys will eventually get blocked.

Ebay is the way to go IMO... now on my 3rd year of renewals. Always get deals for below 25€/yr. Bought 2 x 1yr codes last time and they do stack (got 2 years before expiry). I do it just for the 1TB OneDrive cloud space, cheapest you can find and no file size limit (can upload a blu-ray movie if u want)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Fanny **** wrote: »
    If your employer has a lot of office licences they may be part of a scheme where you can buy it for 13.99

have been using this for years and its brilliant... but yeah, a member of the family needs to be working for a multinational to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Farmer Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭MickH503

This only offers Office 2016 to me ... does it sometimes offer Office 365 too? It's the One Drive space more than anything I'd be interested in!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tried that and being asked for my organisation's program code?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭MickH503

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Tried that and being asked for my organisation's program code?

I think it recognises if you are eligible from your work email address that you enter. It didn't ask me for a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

MickH503 wrote: »
    I think it recognises if you are eligible from your work email address that you enter. It didn't ask me for a code.

I had to get a code from either IT or HR (can't remember which)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

If I get the Amazon UK code does this kick in and stop my monthly sub.

Well, accidently purchased a 1 year sub on Amazon UK and clicked the link in the email. Once I logged into my account the sub was updated to expire next year after my current month.

Happy days, thanks OP.
    £52.99 is still much better than the €120 a year I was paying and the €99 annual sub.

Deal of the Day on Amazon UK today. £49.99 which was the same during the Black Friday sale when I renewed mine.

They also increased the user number earlier this year to 6 users (yourself + 5).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

SachaJ wrote: »
    Deal of the Day on Amazon UK today. £49.99 which was the same during the Black Friday sale when I renewed mine.

They also increased the user number earlier this year to 6 users (yourself + 5).

Don't apply the code until your current sub expires.
    I have a few months left on my current sub and when I applied the code on Black Friday it was expiring on only 12 months. The codes are not stackable on top of a current sub.
    I was on to Microsoft to confirm this and was told to wait until the current codes expires and apply it then. The code itself does not expires until it's used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Sup08 wrote: »
    Don't apply the code until your current sub expires.
    I have a few months left on my current sub and when I applied the code on Black Friday it was expiring on only 12 months. The codes are not stackable on top of a current sub.
    I was on to Microsoft to confirm this and was told to wait until the current codes expires and apply it then. The code itself does not expires until it's used.

this must be a recent thing. i applied a code i bought from adverts in OCT and it stacked to MAR 2020 no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone have a organization's program code they could PM me please?

£49.99 again today on Amazon UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Have you a link or a code to go with it...showing up as £110 on amazon UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Thanks however it is not available for shipping to ROI

Advertisement