Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New TV/Broadband offerings from Eir

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

muffler wrote: »
    I'll be leaving the current provider in a week or so and have been checking a few prices. If you've been with Eir for (up to) 100mb broadband then Sky, Vodafone and Pure Telecom all use the same lines so best to stick with one of them. I found Vodafone to be the best value for me with €25 a month for 6 months and then €45 for the next 6 which equates to €35 a month on average over the year. Sky is €35 a month with off peak calls only and an additional €7.50 for anytime calls. Pure Telecom (whom Im leaving) are charging €35 a month with anytime calls included but add about €2.50 approx for the mailbox. All contracts are 12 months but you will pay more with every one of them after that. best to switch every year.

Thanks for that , think I'll give Vodafone a go this time . I don't need calls so might be the best option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Don't forget digiweb and airwire. I find Vodafone will keep giving you a good deal for 12 months. My 12 months deal price finished 2 years ago and it never went up, it's 38 euro for 3 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Just a quick heads up about my experience in signing up for the Apple TV offer.
    I got a phone call from eir offering me Apple TV, free for 6 months and a fiver a month thereafter but with a 14 day cooling off period. The box arrived promptly and it was fairly easy to set up. I spent a few days playing with it and found it impossible to operate as the remote is very small and fiddly.
    I decided to return it but before doing so I had a letter from eir demanding the return of my original eir vision box. I had 3 lengthy calls with different departments but the bottom line was that because I signed up for Apple TV, I could no longer access my original system. I have now returned all of their equipment and am making alternative arrangements. If you're happy with your existing tv offering from eir do not agree to take Apple tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Like a few people on here I was duped into signing up for Eir's latest offering and promptly cancelled. They really do seem to be shooting themselves in the foot, I just cancelled phone, broadband and tv with them because they will not give back the service I was getting a week ago.

It really is a baffling business model, you'd swear they had a monopoly. Was there something about the old eir boxes that they want to take them out of circulation so badly?

Advertisement