Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New TV/Broadband offerings from Eir

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

This is what I have in my area at present:

Sky - 100mb
    Eir - 100mb
    Vodafone - 1GB
    Virgin - 500MB

Seems Sky are a reseller of Siro. But they have a €200 connection fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭celt262

_feedback_ wrote: »
    It was a painful over the phone experience - just wanted the most basic broadband package (don't use the landline aspect of this package)

I signed up over the online chat a few weeks ago and it was €40.99 for 12 months for broadband and phone. It was cheaper to include the phone. That was for 300 broadband.

They seem to offer better deals online.

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Rafloution wrote: »
    If Vodafone is a GB its through Siro, so Sky should be a reseller too of the same

Siro is Vodafone. It's owned by Vodafone and the ESB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

_feedback_ wrote: »
    How'd you manage that? Wasn't an option when I was signing up earlier in the year.. This is the basic package I'm on. Expensive when the price increases after 6 months to €60

493218.JPG

Rep at the door.
    But when i called them they said yea thats the deal.
    So Call them and ask for it.

All deals online and in shop all have commission added.
    Ya have to be willing to drag them down with patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Rep at the door.

All deals online and in shop all have commission added.

I'd imagine I need to wait until the 12 month contract is up though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Rep at the door.

All deals online and in shop all have commission added.ih

Does that include Tv and phone. We’re out of contract for a while now and paying 90 for basic Tv phone BB.

When also did you get that deal. Did the rep call recently.?

Would need solid info if I’m going to ring tomorrow. They can be tough negotiators.

CheersðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Does that include Tv and phone. We’re out of contract for a while now and paying 90 for basic Tv phone BB.

When also did you get that deal. Did the rep call recently.?

Would need solid info if I’m going to ring tomorrow. They can be tough negotiators.

CheersðŸ‘

I phoned last week about renewal.150mb FttH and phone for 45pm
    Played hardball quoting airwire at 50pm and no connection fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Quiksilver

Anyone know if existing customers will automatically be sent out the new Apple TV and Router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They tie you in to a new contract term...
    What about customers who are still in contract with eir vision and who want to move to the new eir TV product?

Customers can get eir’s new TV product by calling us on 1901 today or via webchat. Please note that switching to the new eir TV product will be subject to re-contracting.

https://www.eir.ie/tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

flanzer wrote: »
    The product savvy amongst us give little sh!t about the Apple. The sheeple out there love an Apple TV paperweight to go with their iPhones and iPad

Thanks OP, I bought 5 anyway

Something quite Ironic calling people who buy Apple products "Sheeple" when the word wasn't created by you rather you adopted it's wide use thus making you also a "sheeple" to the word itself.

It's a funny world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any word on this new Eir TV app that was mentioned in the press releases?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

Corholio wrote: »
    Any word on this new Eir TV app that was mentioned in the press releases?

This one perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kramyerac

May not be the correct thread to post but struggling with no Eir chat available and lengthy call waiting times...signed up to Eir for BB only.

Anyway, has anyone else been able to access the old Eir Sport app on their phone since the update to Eir TV? I get the message that "this stream cannot be plaed back as your device is not compatible with the required DRM protection level". All worked perfectly well before the "upgrade" and when i requested information last Friday from Eir i was told it would be fixed in 24hrs but lo and behold there has been no fix as yet.

If anyone has seen this is there a way around it as i did enjoy it when travelling to and from work on the bus/train.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

bromley52 wrote: »
    This one perhaps.

Ah thanks. Had checked other day and hadn't popped up. Seems a rebranding of the old app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I'm out of contract since May with Eir and am paying 70 a month since my year was up. Eir seem to be the best with speeds in my area and have no fup. Wondering would I be able to sign back up for this deal and also wondering what there new modem is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peejy

Eir livechat was really useless

Over the phones, I got a much better deal to switch

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi anyone know if you have to pay a installation fee with the deal for 49 euro thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Corholio wrote: »
    Ah thanks. Had checked other day and hadn't popped up. Seems a rebranding of the old app.

Worse than the old app even.

Went on it this evening to watch the football on virgin. Doesn't work anymore. I normally stream on the phone via WiFi, and watch either on the phone or on the chromecast. Since the update, or 'upgrade' as the person on chat insisted on calling it, it wont work on my phone, something about a DRM error or something, incompatible device. Chat tells me only android 10 or apple 11+ will work. Some sh1te that, android 10 only released in September! Some upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I'm with VF. IG FTTH with vodafone TV and landline phone. I was paying 75 a month but my contract is up soon.
    Their retention team gave me the exact same package for 55 P/M and only 1 year contract. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm with VF. IG FTTH with vodafone TV and landline phone. I was paying 75 a month but my contract is up soon.
    Their retention team gave me the exact same package for 55 P/M and only 1 year contract. Happy enough with that.

You were robbed.i got a renewal price for FttH and phones from eir for 45pm plus 2 mobiles at a tenner each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

but sure why would you go with this...when you can get gomo for tenner a month and now TV for 25 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

You were robbed.i got a renewal price for FttH and phones from eir for 45pm plus 2 mobiles at a tenner each :)

Is TV included in that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

dealing with eir over livechat is so frustrating. India call centre who have little english and take all details before telling you to call another call centre for service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭celt262

dealing with eir over livechat is so frustrating. India call centre who have little english and take all details before telling you to call another call centre for service

Can you confirm when you last used the toilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I took out a trial of the new Eir tv and I contacted them today to cancel it within the 14 day cooling off period.

I was on hold for 20 minutes but once I got through I spoke with an Irish rep and cancellation was put through without any fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

A truly awful company.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Crap, crap and more crap. The box is crap the customer service is crap and then trying to get them to do what they promise after weeks on the phone after finally getting to speak to someone no change to anything we spoke about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

I’ve had eir the last year on their €29.99 deal and can’t fault the broadband .

However, best deal I can get with them now is €45 p/m so I have it down for cancelation.

If this was €39.99 I would jump at it especailly with the sports.

What other fibre deals should I look at that would be comparable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,812 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Barr wrote: »
    What other fibre deals should I look at that would be comparable?
    I'll be leaving the current provider in a week or so and have been checking a few prices. If you've been with Eir for (up to) 100mb broadband then Sky, Vodafone and Pure Telecom all use the same lines so best to stick with one of them. I found Vodafone to be the best value for me with €25 a month for 6 months and then €45 for the next 6 which equates to €35 a month on average over the year. Sky is €35 a month with off peak calls only and an additional €7.50 for anytime calls. Pure Telecom (whom Im leaving) are charging €35 a month with anytime calls included but add about €2.50 approx for the mailbox. All contracts are 12 months but you will pay more with every one of them after that. best to switch every year.

Advertisement