Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Land cruiser thefts

• 13-09-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭

Seems to be happening nearly every day around here. Last night an 05 swb was taken. Is it the same in the rest of the country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

whelan2 wrote: »
    Seems to be happening nearly every day around here. Last night an 05 swb was taken. Is it the same in the rest of the country?

Yep. And I’m not too far from you either.
    Then again, nearly every second new jeep on the road is a crusier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Yep. And I’m not too far from you either.
    Then again, nearly every second new jeep on the road is a crusier.

These aren't new ones though. Mid noughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

Any ideas? Usually falls into either Travellers or Eastern europeans category...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The Taliban. :)

(It must be very easy rob them).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Know a chap with one, house was broken into but he had keys in bedroom, went to his uncles house and broke in and stole his same night.

They’re definitely being targeted Louth/Meath areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

_Brian wrote: »
    Know a chap with one, house was broken into but he had keys in bedroom, went to his uncles house and broke in and stole his same night.

They’re definitely being targeted Louth/Meath areas

I know of another one that was nicked in dublin.
    the one that whelan is on about was nicked at about 5.30 this am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭emaherx

One taken locally here, was parked in field (with keys in I'd imagine) while owner was checking stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

These lads have been on TV and have their own youtube channel. Very effective tracking. When they park it in a barn GPS trackers won't work but cellular triangulation and VHF hunting will get your motor/tractor/generator back.

https://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

These aren't new ones though. Mid noughties.

Easier to maintain in the countries they're going to end up.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Probably nothing to do with it - but I was talking to a Toyota dealer a couple of months back and afaikn the swb model is being discontinued.

The thefts sound like an organised job though and are probably being stole to order.

Are they breaking in to them or stealng the keys and then taking the vehicles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭visatorro

Nice crowd in the North are taking them for parts as well. Better off driving an old heap of dirt the way things are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭enricoh

A lad beside me had his cruiser lifted a year or two ago.
    He had a few distinctive stickers on the back window n got a phone call from a mate that was on the larne to stranrar ferry to meet him for breakfast on the ferry. He told yer man the Jeep was in his yard, then he pulled the curtains to see it gone! By the time it pulled up in stranrar the Scottish cops were there to lift yer man. Some Polish scumbag had his day ruined!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Who2

The lads around this region aren’t polish or travelers . It’s a well known group of scumbags. they’ve taken four of my mates jeeps and two cars. It was quiet for a while as one of them was abroad for a while but it seems to be in full swing again since he came back. Brazen scum all late twenties to early thirties, the cops know them but won’t do them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Must sort out all the crap thats in the glove compartment and box thats between the seats in case our one goes awol :D

Must sort out all the crap thats in the glove compartment and box thats between the seats in case our one goes awol :D

One of my mates lost 60% of his blue cards, he had serious trouble getting new ones.

Who2 wrote: »
    One of my mates lost 60% of his blue cards, he had serious trouble getting new ones.
    I'd say I'll find a load of gum shields that can never be found when we need them , possibly money

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

GPS tracker is your friend here. Not crazy money either and the satisfaction of catching these cunce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I've my LGV test coming up. so annual clean due soon. :D

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

I've my LGV test coming up. so annual clean due soon. :D
    Had doe on mine yesterday, new windscreen in it today, fookers better not rob it after I pay for everything to be done to get it through the test

• Advertisement

Macdarack wrote: »
    GPS tracker is your friend here. Not crazy money either and the satisfaction of catching these cunce too.

GPS trackers are pointless if you can’t recover them safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Would they lift a 98 battered trooper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Macdarack wrote: »

I bought a tracker last year couldn’t keep the battery charged in it

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Would they lift a 98 battered trooper
    Landcruisers seem to be the one they want around here any way

Landcruisers seem to be the one they want around here any way

Land cruisers and hilux .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I was sarcastic, transmission box alone is worth nice money, had two cruisers before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭White Clover

Wonder why they're not taking Navara's ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Its probably fairly handy to watch a farmers movements and time the right moment. Need to start driving scrap like me. Leave the keys in it day and night never need to worry about getting robbed.

Wonder why they're not taking Navara's ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Indeed.

nintchdbpict0002985624271.jpg?w=960

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭visatorro

greysides wrote:
    Indeed.

Reggie will put a few snots on her there, be grand!

Advertisement