Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Twin Side by Side Pram

• 07-09-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello any recommendations on a twin side by side pram / buggy?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Haven't used it myself but one of my friends has twins and has a bugaboo donkey, which she raves about.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CD2

Toots wrote: »
    Haven't used it myself but one of my friends has twins and has a bugaboo donkey, which she raves about.

Thanks Toots - yeah I have my eye on that one! It’s quite expensive though so was wondering if there was any cheaper alternatives!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Had a bugaboo donkey and would highly recommend. Very nice to use and convertible to a single. Will be getting mine out this weekend for number three. There's often second hand ones for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CD2

lazygal wrote: »
    Had a bugaboo donkey and would highly recommend. Very nice to use and convertible to a single. Will be getting mine out this weekend for number three. There's often second hand ones for sale.

Thanks lazygal, can the carrycots be used as an overnight cot if needed? My hubby is from Cork so I expect we will have to visit the grandparents down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Finner

Got the out n about nipper double on adverts second hand last week. Tested it out with the toddler the other day (still waiting for new arrival) but very happy with it so far. It's super light and very easy to drive, easy to fold and not much wider than an average single buggy, made to fit through most modern doorframes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have 2 boys with a 22 month gap, we have the Out n About double and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Another vote for the out n about here. You can get carrycots, but they don’t look very roomy, so we didn’t bother, because we knew our baby would be a big ‘un!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I didn't bother with the carrycot either, just got the newborn support. We used that from 1 week to 5 months.

I expected another fairly big baby and got a tiddler! He's 7 months and only just into 6-9 month clothes, big bro was well into 9-12 at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

CD2 wrote: »
    Thanks lazygal, can the carrycots be used as an overnight cot if needed? My hubby is from Cork so I expect we will have to visit the grandparents down there!

I never used it overnight. I'm not sure, perhaps the people in Tony Kealy can help, its where we bought our pram.

We've gone for the mountain buggy duet. Our toddler loved being in one, and it helpfully fits through all the house doors!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

you will not beat the out n about nipper,it is a fantastic buggy.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK the bugaboo isn't suitable for overnight sleeping. I was trying to choose between the bugaboo buffalo and the uppababy vista one of the things that pushed me towards the vista was that the buffalo carry cot wasn't approved for overnight use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

They fit the carrycots for such a short time anyhow, that you’ll probably end up buying a travel cot quite quickly anyhow!

Advertisement