Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seatbelt warning light

• 22-02-2021 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I've a test booked Friday 5th Mar but small issue has arisen with the car this morning. Seatbelt warning light and chime came on even though I was buckled up. Seems to be some kind of fault with the wiring or sensor as I have all the seatbelts buckled. I've been able to mute the chime for now but the warning light is still highlighted. Bringing it to the garage on thursday just not sure they'll have the part to resolve it ahead of my test.

RSA site says that they MAY not run the test if it's showing a warning light but not sure if they mean for a mechanical fault. Just wondering if anyone could tell me with certainty whether this will likely be a deal breaker for the tester on the day. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can you not get it fixed before 6 March?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Any warning light or defect should result in no test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

spurious wrote: »
    Can you not get it fixed before 6 March?

I should and I have it booked into the garage this week but I am rhetorically asking on the basis that the issue is not fixed by then.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Any warning light or defect should result in no test

Is this based on anything or just your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Is this based on anything or just your opinion?

From RSA
    Any warning lights indicating a malfunction or a
    defect, which shows before or during the test, may
    lead to the non-conducting/non-completion of your
    test.
    Vehicles are fitted with a number of warning lights
    that let the driver know if certain critical safety and
    performance features are not working properly. They
    are important safety features and it is in the interest
    of the driver and road safety that all safety systems in
    the vehicle are in full working order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did you have anything on the passenger seat?

fritzelly wrote: »
    From RSA

I referenced this in my OP it says it MAY lead no non conducting of the test which suggests it also may not if the issue isn't serious.

Did you have anything on the passenger seat?

No I plugged all the belts in just to be sure also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭J_R

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I've a test booked Friday 5th Mar but small issue has arisen with the car this morning. Seatbelt warning light and chime came on even though I was buckled up. Seems to be some kind of fault with the wiring or sensor as I have all the seatbelts buckled. I've been able to mute the chime for now but the warning light is still highlighted. Bringing it to the garage on thursday just not sure they'll have the part to resolve it ahead of my test.

RSA site says that they MAY not run the test if it's showing a warning light but not sure if they mean for a mechanical fault. Just wondering if anyone could tell me with certainty whether this will likely be a deal breaker for the tester on the day. Thanks.

Hi,

sorry, with a seat belt warning light lit they will not conduct the test.

However, it may just need resetting. Happened to me once and simply running the diagnostic machine cleared it.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭J_R

J_R wrote: »
    Hi,

sorry, with a seat belt warning light lit they will not conduct the test.

However, it may just need resetting. Happened to me once and simply running the diagnostic machine cleared it.

Best of luck

Hi

Sorry, sorry, Brain not in gear when I read/replied. Somehow read it as airbag light.

Only time used to get a seat belt warning was when the heat-seating was on and belt unbuckled. Cured by switching off the heat or buckling the belt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Clean out the buckle housing.... Little bit of vaseline on the buckle, put in and out quite hard.

Was the seat moved back or forward?

Advertisement