Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Coffee Roasters - Recommendations

Options
  • 23-12-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey,

What are peoples recommendations on Irish coffee roasters that sell 1kg+ bags online.

I have used Badger & Dodo and Velo so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

B&D are my faves

have also used and liked Bailies, 3FE, West Cork

others recommend Ponaire

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Using Mahers Guatemalan blend and their Italian blend. Can’t recommend both enough but Italian blend is favorite.

Well at moment:D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Have been ordering from TwoSpot Coffee during lockdown - particularly like their number 2 'Bang Bang'.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

I've been using Coffee Angel a good bit lately. I have been very impressed with them. Free Delivery over €20 (better than others) and I have even had my order delivered same day (Dublin).

Add in a the small detail of a hand written note thanking you for the business :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

I've tried a fair few roasters here and enjoy lighter roasts for filter coffee. My favourites are White Star and Calendar but I'm gonna try a different roaster each month in 2021. Got some filter roasts from P&S coffee near naas to kick off January. An Ethiopian washed and an Indonesian honey processed - both roasted on Tuesday and delivered for free onThursday. Not bad so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

Got a ruralvagabonds blend just before Christmas. New coffee trailer in Naas and started his own blend. Delicious. Also sells the moyee blend which I'd highly recommend

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Personally, I know if I'm ordering from 3fE or Badger and Dodo, I'm in for good coffee. I find the rest hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brevity

Soma are good. https://www.somacoffeecompany.ie/

Gonna try https://13dcoffeecompany.ie/ soon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Bigbooty wrote: »
    I'm gonna try a different roaster each month in 2021.

Like this idea! :-) You could start a "year in coffee" thread!

Like this idea! :-) You could start a "year in coffee" thread!

Good idea! It'll be interesting to try a few new places. I should probably make a list as I've no idea how many roasters are on this island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I find Anam Coffee from Clare very nice as well as Bean West from Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Any recommendations?

I see Bean West from Mayo free shipping over €25

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

https://theoldbarracks.ie/
    Brilliant coffee, the owner is a really sound guy too.

The Bean Wst roasters selection (5 x 250g for €45) looks good - are the roast dates fresh?

supermouse wrote: »
    https://theoldbarracks.ie/
    Brilliant coffee, the owner is a really sound guy too.

Been looking at them for a while..I don't mind paying extra for quality. Bought anything recently from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

mad m wrote: »
    Any recommendations?

I see Bean West from Mayo free shipping over €25

Anything I have had from Bean West has been good.

I'm currently drinking Colombia Communeros from Anam and it's lovely, I'm really enjoying it. It's pricy and you can only order in 1kg bags but I freeze it and have no issues.
    The Bean Wst roasters selection (5 x 250g for €45) looks good - are the roast dates fresh?

Any time I've ordered online the roast dates have been only a few days prior to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I like the Milano beans from Koffy.ie — but I’m a big fan of Italian espresso and will happily use Lavazza beans in a pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Been looking at them for a while..I don't mind paying extra for quality. Bought anything recently from them?

I was there a few days before Christmas, their Columbian that day was delicious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going to recommend javathehut.ie

They have two house blends, rebel house espresso and uprising, but also two microlot varieties that change depending on what they get it. Can't recommend them enough. All their coffees are delicious and the rebel house won a two star great taste award recently.

Gonna give Carrow Roasters a go next. Anyone ordered from their before? They don't do free delivery though but 4 euro isn't too bad.

Was rather impressed with the quality of P&S roasters and they do free delivery too. Not a fan of their aesthetic but it's all about the cup. I'm on there Ethiopian Washed that's up on their site and it's really lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭comete

Gonna give Carrow Roasters a go next. Anyone ordered from their before? They don't do free delivery though but 4 euro isn't too bad.

Was rather impressed with the quality of P&S roasters and they do free delivery too. Not a fan of their aesthetic but it's all about the cup. I'm on there Ethiopian Washed that's up on their site and it's really lovely.

Carrow are local enough to me and I love all of their offerings. Just took delivery of 1kg of SERRA DO CIGANO/ESPRESSO yesterday and have had about 3 double espressos from it already. I’ve not had any of their latest filter offerings but previous ones have been nothing short of excellent.

539562.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Have had a few orders delivered from upside in the last while and I think it's very nice coffee. Working through a bag of Maher's at the moment which is also nice, but I think if I had to choose I'd go with upside - Peruvian or Brazilian maybe. Lots of great recommendations in this thread OP - can't see you going too far wrong with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mackzee

I ordered a few different varieties of Mahers coffee, I'll update the thread on recommendations shortly.

comete wrote: »
    Carrow are local enough to me and I love all of their offerings. Just took delivery of 1kg of SERRA DO CIGANO/ESPRESSO yesterday and have had about 3 double espressos from it already. I’ve not had any of their latest filter offerings but previous ones have been nothing short of excellent.

539562.jpeg

Awesome, looking forward to giving it a go. If there espresso roasts are good then I'm sure the filter ones are too. Is that a manual espresso brewer?

Awesome, looking forward to giving it a go. If there espresso roasts are good then I'm sure the filter ones are too. Is that a manual espresso brewer?

Yeah it’s a cafelat robot :)

It replaced my gaggia workhorse on the 25th December, as I’m not into milky coffees

It replaced my gaggia workhorse on the 25th December, as I’m not into milky coffees

It's very, very pretty (the colour!) How is it going for you?

It looks the part I must say. Very cool looking. What are the shots like from it?

It's very, very pretty (the colour!) How is it going for you?
    It looks the part I must say. Very cool looking. What are the shots like from it?

It’s awesome, I’m getting consistently better shots than I ever have from my gaggia, I would assume because I have much better control over temperature vs having to temperature surf with a gaggia

It’s awesome, I’m getting consistently better shots than I ever have from my gaggia, I would assume because I have much better control over temperature vs having to temperature surf with a gaggia

I honestly hate this forum :pac::P Too much temptation!

• Advertisement

I honestly hate this forum :pac::P Too much temptation!

In fairness, we probably are saving a fortune in contrast to buying crap coffee from a shop. ;)

Advertisement