Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Cleary Stop Smoking Programme

• 22-10-2009 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone completed this programme or know of anyone who has...Any idea on price etc...His ads are all over the radio, yet on his website there are no reviews or cost on his website!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I did 2 years ago this November, 1 visit, I'm afraid it didn't work for me.

It cost 300 euro at the time, but nothing else worked: patches, inhalers, both at the same time etc.

Of course I smoked like a trooper before I met him, was in there for about 15mins. He spoke to me, took my cigarettes! I felt great leaving, managed to not smoke for about 2 hours then just as I was driving out the Limerick road I got a massive craving, pulled in to the shop, bought cigs and smoked about 3. I called him about 3 days later, he repeated what he said over the phone and I felt great for abut an hour again, but then I just smoked away as normal.

If your going to do it, make sure you ring him the minute you have a craving day or night, don't leave it. I couldn't as I was in work.

I would def say give it a go, it's only the same as 8 weeks cig money when you think of it. Especially if you have tried everything else.

I did manage to give up in Feb 2008 with Champix.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I did 2 years ago this November, 1 visit, I'm afraid it didn't work for me.

It cost 300 euro at the time, but nothing else worked: patches, inhalers, both at the same time etc.

Of course I smoked like a trooper before I met him, was in there for about 15mins. He spoke to me, took my cigarettes! I felt great leaving, managed to not smoke for about 2 hours then just as I was driving out the Limerick road I got a massive craving, pulled in to the shop, bought cigs and smoked about 3. I called him about 3 days later, he repeated what he said over the phone and I felt great for abut an hour again, but then I just smoked away as normal.

If your going to do it, make sure you ring him the minute you have a craving day or night, don't leave it. I couldn't as I was in work.

I would def say give it a go, it's only the same as 8 weeks cig money when you think of it. Especially if you have tried everything else.

I did manage to give up in Feb 2008 with Chmapix.

I gave up 5 years ago using the gum, never looked back!! But everyone is different, my advice is to be sure you want to quit before you try anything. You must be really sure you want to do it, I mean really really sure, then no matter which method you use you have a much better chance of success:) Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I agree with that altogether it toom me 1 1/2 years to give up from the realization I had that I really wanted to give up.

I did find if you did smoke more than 40 a day the nic replacement therapies were just never going to replace the nicotine without really making you very ill. But def make sure you try everything if one thing doesn't work there is something out there for everyone. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

i know someone that went to him and she is smoking away worse than ever. and it cost her 300 euro. i went to a hynotist in waterford county 7 months ago and i havent smoked since. and i was smoking 30-40 a day. if you want a number for him send me a private message and ill send info on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Zyban worked for me a few years back. The side effects were a little intense ... no sleep and a nagging headache for a week but I gave up the cigs easily after being a smoker for 30 years and never had a craving again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

On the off-chance that this thread becomes active again I'll assume kedrek1 to be unaware that John Cleary passed away some time back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"Give up the 'aul fags."
    "Ah go on."
    "Go on."
    "G'wan."
    "Seriously go on."
    "You won't regret it."
    "Go oooooooon."
    "No?"
    "Go on."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

old gregg wrote: »
    On the off-chance that this thread becomes active again I'll assume kedrek1 to be unaware that John Cleary passed away some time back.

indeed he did, rip
    http://www.johncleary.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kedrek1

I didn't know... thanks for that... glad I went to him though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Unfortunately John died a year and a half ago,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Try Alan Carrs' "the easy way to stop smoking". I was on forty a day for years and stopped after the book. It basically undone the brainwashing involved in smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Try Alan Carrs' "the easy way to stop smoking". I was on forty a day for years and stopped after the book. It basically undone the brainwashing involved in smoking.

Yep "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" Allan Carr worked for me too.

My husband also read the book but had to go to the 1/2 day Allan Carr seminar to kick his 60 a day habit - and he stopped smokig about 6 years ago, never looked back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Never smoked myself but my father used to smoke about 40 major a day until his doctor told him "stop,or in 10 to 15 years we will be amputating your legs"

That was about 15 years ago, he never touched one since that day. Stopped cold turkey. Whatta man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Ahhhh just noticed who started this thread Haha, hi lady :)

Advertisement