Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

An Post are doing a great job in fairness. Someone should tell the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Scoondal wrote: »
    An Post are doing a great job in fairness. Someone should tell the government.

They are robbers, try post something, it’s probably cheaper to send it on a bus.

They also don’t entertain business rates for small
    Irish business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ordered something for back home on Friday and got delivered today.

Ordered something today and they said it will be here by 10pm(UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Mr.S wrote: »
    The new Amazon Logistics service is great. Ordered something early Saturday morning and it arrived Sunday evening. That's impressive.

It is. Ordered two things on Friday, one arrived yesterday and the other today. Whatever algorithm they use for planning the delivery route could do with improving though - had three deliveries due today and the driver had to make two visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I see addresspal and parcel wizard are not taking orders to the uk virtual addresses after next month.
    Parcel motel will probably follow.

I have never used addresspal/parcel wizard but have used ParcelMotel for items I can only get delivered to the UK, but I presume addresspal is something similar?

When u say they are not taking orders, are u saying u can no longer order items to the UK address? So in effect, if an item can only be delivered to the UK u wont b able to use addresspal/parcel wizard for this?

I presume this is an impact of Brexit, I havent really thought about the impact of Brexit when ordering items like the above.

Is there going to be a customs cost if getting an item delivered from the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I have never used addresspal/parcel wizard but have used ParcelMotel for items I can only get delivered to the UK, but I presume addresspal is something similar?

When u say they are not taking orders, are u saying u can no longer order items to the UK address? So in effect, if an item can only be delivered to the UK u wont b able to use addresspal/parcel wizard for this?

I presume this is an impact of Brexit, I havent really thought about the impact of Brexit when ordering items like the above.

I got an email from An Post/Addresspal stating that with Brexit deliveries from Jan 1 could be liable to vat and customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It is. Ordered two things on Friday, one arrived yesterday and the other today. Whatever algorithm they use for planning the delivery route could do with improving though - had three deliveries due today and the driver had to make two visits.

My orders are taking a week to be dispatched.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

[PHP] [/PHP]

AddressPal isn’t stopping but they are changing their delivery procedure. They fly parcels to Ireland, so have a lot of prohibited items such as batteries and powerbanks. Parcel Wizard are stopping on 11th December. Parcel Motel, at the moment, are continuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

whiterebel wrote: »
    [PHP] [/PHP]

AddressPal isn’t stopping but they are changing their delivery procedure. They fly parcels to Ireland, so have a lot of prohibited items such as batteries and powerbanks. Parcel Wizard are stopping on 11th December. Parcel Motel, at the moment, are continuing.

I've gotten batteries with ADDRESSPAL a few times. Are you sure they fly their parcels? I wouldnt have thought that its cost competiive to fly parcels in when you can you road and sea freight Hatfield to Dublin in less than 12hrs door to door day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Ive been singing Amazons praises but I lost it with their support yesterday.
    3 deliveries ended up in 2 different neighbours houses since Friday. One at my house, which was fine.
    The neighbours found them in their driveways and left them in yesterday. All the items were soaked from being left out in the rain and ruined.
    I contacted Amazon to tell them that this has happenbed a few times recently and one even left on my doorstep in the rain and ruined too, but all they said was, very sorry, return them and we will giove you a refund.
    I told them that wasnt my concern . My concern was that their couriers are leaving items in the rain and at the wrong houses and not even ringing door bells. The problem is the delivery system. Plus they are marking them as "handed to customer" which they clearly are not.
    Anyway after 2 hours on chat and about 4 different people I was getting nowhere. They didnt understand the problem.
    So I said just tell me how I cancel prime and get a refund for unused months of it. I thought that would spark them.
    They said ok, its cancelled.
    So then i thought, ok fine, i didnt relly want to cancel it but i spend far too much on amazon. Maybe its a good thing.

This morning I got a message from them telling me they had gioven me a free year of prime membership. So thats good.
    But they still dont understand that they need to talk to their couriers and get them to deliver properly and stop saying they handed it when they didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Car99 wrote: »
    I've gotten batteries with ADDRESSPAL a few times. Are you sure they fly their parcels? I wouldnt have thought that its cost competiive to fly parcels in when you can you road and sea freight Hatfield to Dublin in less than 12hrs door to door day or night.

Yes, they do, hence batteries being prohibited as they are hazardous. It would make a lot more sense to offer a proper parcel service via road freight, but that's hardly going to happen now with Brexit probably driving down the use of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Ive been singing Amazons praises but I lost it with their support yesterday.
    3 deliveries ended up in 2 different neighbours houses since Friday. One at my house, which was fine.
    The neighbours found them in their driveways and left them in yesterday. All the items were soaked from being left out in the rain and ruined.
    I contacted Amazon to tell them that this has happenbed a few times recently and one even left on my doorstep in the rain and ruined too, but all they said was, very sorry, return them and we will giove you a refund.
    I told them that wasnt my concern . My concern was that their couriers are leaving items in the rain and at the wrong houses and not even ringing door bells. The problem is the delivery system. Plus they are marking them as "handed to customer" which they clearly are not.
    Anyway after 2 hours on chat and about 4 different people I was getting nowhere. They didnt understand the problem.
    So I said just tell me how I cancel prime and get a refund for unused months of it. I thought that would spark them.
    They said ok, its cancelled.
    So then i thought, ok fine, i didnt relly want to cancel it but i spend far too much on amazon. Maybe its a good thing.

This morning I got a message from them telling me they had gioven me a free year of prime membership. So thats good.
    But they still dont understand that they need to talk to their couriers and get them to deliver properly and stop saying they handed it when they didnt.

An amazon courier left something on the doorstep the other day when my missus was on school run and it got swiped. Refunded no problem but if it keeps happening they'll soon change their tune. Every thing amazon do wrong I get onto them, but same mistakes keep happening. System is too big I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

So I've just been on to Parcel Wizard and they are stopping their UK Virtual Addresses on 11 December.

I asked if I could forward to a NI pickup point, instead of my Eire address and they said no as the service was stopping completely.

Does anyone know of anyone else that does virtual NI addresses where I could pick up in NI?

Thanks

Parcel Motel hasn't said that they are stopping......yet.

sweetie wrote: »
    An amazon courier left something on the doorstep the other day when my missus was on school run and it got swiped. Refunded no problem but if it keeps happening they'll soon change their tune. Every thing amazon do wrong I get onto them, but same mistakes keep happening. System is too big I guess.

Yeah they need to be told alright. But they dont make it easy.
    Its actually now my second free year of amazon prime after their c0ck ups.
    Once you cancel prime, they come back to you later and ask you to come back for free. If you dont cancel they offer you £5 as an apology sometimes.
    I find actually cancelling prime gets their attention when they are playing silly buggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I placed an order at 10 this morning. it shipped at 1PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭VanHalen

I placed an order on Saturday and it said it would be delivered Sunday. I didn't believe it but sure enough it go delivered the next day and a Sunday too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

How are people just having parcels left in random spots? Every single package I've ever gotten has been handed to me, AnPost, DHL etc will not leave anything unless it's handed to me. Never.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    How are people just having parcels left in random spots? Every single package I've ever gotten has been handed to me, AnPost, DHL etc will not leave anything unless it's handed to me. Never.

Yeah amazon delivery just seem to ring the bell and leave the parcel there. no waiting around.

An post are great. Whoever Amazon are using now are hit and miss.
    Great when they hand it to you and ask what your name is. Not so great when they leave it at someone elses house and then ask you to check with all your neighbours where it is, instead of just contacting theoir driver and asking him did he really hand it to someone and if he did, what house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

VanHalen wrote: »
    I placed an order on Saturday and it said it would be delivered Sunday. I didn't believe it but sure enough it go delivered the next day and a Sunday too!

I feel bad... my last two Sunday deliveries have been a packet of screws and a packet of masking tape. I know the lad is out anyway but still...

That said apart from Amazon staff nicking something on me - they gave me an immediate refund in fairness - the service has been very good lately and I've had a lot of deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Gru

Had another Ireland Amazon issue,

trying to order a deck of Uno cards, from Amazon sold by Amazon, with the prime logo,
    i can order Uno Junior (in the same link different tab box) to my Irish address but not the Uno ones i want?!?
    when i asked on customer care i was told they are out of stock in Irish fulfilment centres, and would cost too much to ship to me from the ones with them in stock :confused:

they will however ship to my address pal address but then i'm caught for delivery charges...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Gru wrote: »
    Had another Ireland Amazon issue,

trying to order a deck of Uno cards, from Amazon sold by Amazon, with the prime logo,
    i can order Uno Junior (in the same link different tab box) to my Irish address but not the Uno ones i want?!?
    when i asked on customer care i was told they are out of stock in Irish fulfilment centres, and would cost too much to ship to me from the ones with them in stock :confused:

they will however ship to my address pal address but then i'm caught for delivery charges...

A lot of people make a big deal out of everything with Amazon on here, just order them if you need them so much. There is a pandemic and people here are moaning about delays and items out of stock. Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Any way of knowing if a particular item is fulfilled from Ireland or elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Any way of knowing if a particular item is fulfilled from Ireland or elsewhere?

There are no fulfillment centres in Ireland yet. Most orders are fulfilled from the UK. Does it matter so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Gru

A lot of people make a big deal out of everything with Amazon on here, just order them if you need them so much. There is a pandemic and people here are moaning about delays and items out of stock. Get a grip.

this whole thread is about Amazon issues with deliveries to Ireland that do not affect uk customers, i had an issue with an Amazon delivery to Ireland?!? :confused:

and it isn't out of stock, it will ship to an Address Pal or uk based address but not a ROI address for no apparent logical reason other than the ridiculous one i was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thought they'd opened a place in Rathcoole recently.

The recent increase in functionality like knowing when the delivery is near is brilliant IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Thought they'd opened a place in Rathcoole recently.

The recent increase in functionality like knowing when the delivery is near is brilliant IMHO.

It's under construction. It's not built nor functional yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's under construction. It's not built nor functional yet.

They're fulfilling and distributing orders from it already.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    They're fulfilling and distributing orders from it already.

distributing orders from there certainly but I'm not sure they are fulfilling from there i.e. they actually hold stock there.

Advertisement