Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Its Christmas, why dont we all just forget this episode and move on?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I think that would be a good idea. No point in all the stress and agro over a couple of arcade machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

Their right.
    I don't want to argue with anyone on here.
    Let's just forget about it guys it's Christmas after all and life is to short for arguing over a couple of arcade machines.
    I would like to wish everyone on here and very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Please drop this and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just use a PC at the heart of the cabinet, it should run them all with ease.

One of these,

https://www.ultimarc.com/aimtrak.html

Will allow you to play gun games on any display.
    The drivers included should integrate with the emulation software and give you the possibility of a multigame cabinet with an arcade style gun controller.
    You can use two of them, it seems, as well, if not more.

I don't know if any regulars have given these a shot (ho ho...)

Bit of a purist when it comes to these things! Could easily get a cheap crt to play dreamcast house of the dead 2, but nothing comes close to original cabinet.

I took out some Saturn stuff the other day, and the Sega stunner gun is class (exact same as arcade aesthetically?)

Also played time crisis 5 in an arcade yesterday, the lcd/motion tracker gun thing does nothing for me, accuracy is terrible compared to old crt/lightgun

kevin2me wrote: »
    I have one that will be going with a 15K screen if that helps, and just needs a Jamma Look and PSU from Arcade controls uk. It be a cool one to respray and chop into Jamma Cab :)

Ive just the Con Mission cab, but you can Netdimm other games into it like Lupin Maze of Kings. I also have a Chihiro and gonna try send Virtua Cop 3, House of the dead 3 and Ghost Squad.

I also have playas EMS Gun III and its pretty cool with MAME games like Police Trainer etc..

I know I said I wasn't interested in naomi, but if you want to send me a pm with whatever you're thinking/half-thinking of shifting, sure let me know anyway, cheers!

just posted in the "bargain section", virtua racing twin up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

Can you fit a net city/new net city in the back of a 206

...asking for mate

airmax87 wrote: »

...asking for mate

They pretty much bolt completely apart and you're just left with the base.

Took apart my Naomi a few years ago for transportation.

• Advertisement

There's a broken *naomi universal* [thought it was net city] I know of and I'm chaning my arm of taking it off their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

...asking for mate

Not sure about at P206 but I fitted a Naomi Universal in the back of a 2 door Focus ST :) I only had 1st,3rd and 5th gear due to it taken up too much space , but I got it home :)

Its very easy to remove CP (4 Nuts), Monitor front and back (8 Screws).
    And for bolts for the Monitor itself to pop out, just remember to take out speaker cables and monitor power at the back. (You'll need security bits)

YGnaA7bS8fzN4BBFM7EbTQ1EQ1LP6waRj5TTrtcnNYcAzg15YnvYbYNXpWr8P8wRU6OqWcNfzVNeuIcSSUZYcHpN3UgrCAX5kt2IJSRbuxQJHSqqhtPs3dzYObWF9XuswXbPz0LCpTgbfIHgXERCvwqILqLv9UdnTIaIIwMjQs5_Ycmq9ulFqZvw0kp_liUGxigM-dqv6sYhKKckrUqWVcyb5eMoDCSa2_D9nK6TVh_GemQhprPhO2vwd9T8v3WEglw3J8VLiFy68s5ljNa3JaGUvVjquNL3RtTO2vg7E_Kk7onRPj_tjai66UaniHUnDO8dhIn_vVmxWMobPIhOMCf7ay4VagwLUDwqm8fS0AzITq4hdgeL42ZmHUypXSEf7AQu2sH7aJIYNAeBGk2hqMcggMPFBN5xOhJ7yb6ghT3DUf0ccCooJdmPxFwCjy793r_96q2J8XRjVU5EqdltRq0A0obabZVCOexw9emY6eybvTr_OkBGjgBx2Z3BA734fwa0E3xH7CW15uCjKB4Q9kA6lDlti-mu1_Lt3vvWSqzT7xX4B0iWdIawS4NAB8D1jNJQ9zaeJjKNxa0RP0onCkHtXMOPFsOqWKsnzNPuCJCJLWLEcLe8FFrBFfs4Svy1st9PnNYskDzdhdNo99OnDpkS=w628-h368-no

Nice cab and nice car!
    and another Naomi!!!!!

- I got an old EM pinball into my 2 door golf gti before!

Brilliant lads, what sercurity bit ? might even have one myself

Brilliant lads, what sercurity bit ? might even have one myself

I forget the size but it's a standard one that's in most bit sets.

I got a Street Fighter pinball into my 06 Polo (4 doors, more whores) so anything is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I don't think you would get a new net city into a 206, I barely got the Astro city into a Skoda estate all disassembled.

a107WTk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

uYjh2UL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

That's only because you wanted to have the boot closed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Good point, i had to disassemble it to get it out of the house and disassemble it to get it into work.
    So made sense to leave it disassembled for the 3 flights of stairs.

Most candies will need the CP to come off to get through a standard door.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

It's around €80 to rent a van for a day from Enterprise rent-a-van and you could save more by pre-paying and moving your car insurance over to the van for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up a T8 LED tube for the Naomi on Ebay, its more or less a direct replacement for the original fluorescent tube - you just need to remove the starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Picked up a T8 LED tube for the Naomi on Ebay, its more or less a direct replacement for the original fluorescent tube - you just need to remove the starter.

Thats a good idea, might see to find a UK seller - same tube setup in the Atomswaves I think?

Was just talking to some people on discord about arcades in Ireland in general.
    - I bet we could compile a whole entire list of cabs/machines left in Ireland and it'd be very short, not counting token or private collection.

- I bet we could compile a whole entire list of cabs/machines left in Ireland and it'd be very short, not counting token or private collection.

You have no idea ;) amazing things here if you go looking, and lots of them. An awful lot of arcade machines were made here in ireland, atari, Namco, Sega etc

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you managed to get a list of those in personal collections I'd imagine it would far exceed any numbers on site.

On the plus side, at least it means there is still a lot left in the country, just in private hands.

It's around €80 to rent a van for a day from Enterprise rent-a-van and you could save more by pre-paying and moving your car insurance over to the van for the day.

Moving arcade stuff soon and enterprise were looking for 150 a day (for the large Van size). You'd be hard pressed to get 2 machines into the smaller Van, and that's a big maybe. That's booking in advance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've always used Vantasks.ie myself. Have moved my two cabs for me three times now. They price by time, so a clock starts from when they arrive at your door and then ends as soon as they unload the last item. (Seem to be happy enough to move stuff at off peak hours to make everything a bit quicker)

beejee wrote: »
    Moving arcade stuff soon and enterprise were looking for 150 a day (for the large Van size). You'd be hard pressed to get 2 machines into the smaller Van, and that's a big maybe. That's booking in advance too.

Could be as easy looking at a man with van ad. I know a few lads who do it after work etc and do it for cash prices.

A truck with a tail lift is ideal though

Could be as easy looking at a man with van ad. I know a few lads who do it after work etc and do it for cash prices.

A truck with a tail lift is ideal though

Yep that's the best for local/short moves alright. Standard cabinets are handy enough to move around, 2 man job if stairs are involved. Bigger machines are a different story, tail lift is necessary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

Lol
    There are cabs stashed all over the place. And outside of the cabs made here there was **** loads of arcades bitd. Private I reckon is bigger than any of us realise really as a lot of people have imported stuff over the years.

Advertisement