Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Same here, cleared now, cloudy and very breezy

rain cleared about an hour ago but we've had a very heavy shower since, and it's feeling fairly chilly. I wasn't expecting today to be quite so wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    rain cleared about an hour ago but we've had a very heavy shower since, and it's feeling fairly chilly. I wasn't expecting today to be quite so wet.

No rain here since my reply but yeah feels a bit chilly, not as much as i felt it earlier but my time in shorts seems to be definitely coming to an end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Awful day in Letterkenny as usual with heavy misty drizzle blowing sideways all day, hasn't stopped for even a minute since this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    I always wonder is north Dublin classified as being in the northern half of Ireland but it must be for this forecast as we've had 2.0mm of rain in the last hour and it's still raining. It's 14.6C now. There was a high of 16.4C before the rain.

Ha ha I agree. I put washing out day as it said it would be mainly dry in Dublin area. When I got home clothes were wetter than when I put them out due to rain!

They were also way off for weekend but not complaining as thankfully it was nicer than they predicted.

I mean they are based in North Dublin. Do they never look out the window + change the forecast!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lovely red sky this evening in Dublin after a crap day with drizzle or light rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

JCX BXC wrote: »
    How could it be improved in your opinion, what information is missing?

Accuracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Overcast cool damp morning here. The old weather is always good when the kids go back to school chestnut has been banished for another year!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Overcast cool damp morning here. The old weather is always good when the kids go back to school chestnut has been banished for another year!

This year certainly didn't provide for the traditional leaving/junior cert in June and now the back to school week in September. Summer certainly felt short this year with warm temperatures from final days of June to mid August. We will probably be back lighting fires very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

warm sunshine and 21c ...... as good as any day this summer.

21.3c and cloudy, IF only the sun stayed out a 24 or 25 could easily be achieved but as usual our climate is always about 'if only'.

warm sunshine and 21c ...... as good as any day this summer.

21.3c and cloudy, IF only the sun stayed out a 24 or 25 could easily be achieved but as usual our climate is always about 'if only'.

fairly decent here at Dunshaughlin too, but not as warm, temperature currently 19C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It's turned very wet in Castlebar after a mild overcast morning.

Wow! I left for work from Drogheda in a coat for the first time , arrived in Dublin 9am and it was warmer, came out for my lunch and sun is shining and its really warm, everyone sitting out in Stephens Green ! Beautiful day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Beautiful day in Arklow, sunny, breezy
    Currently 21.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

3pm

Phoenix park a warm 22 degrees
    Claremorris a miserable 16 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dull
    Damp
    Dreary
    Depressing

East galway

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sunny in (my part of) Dublin. 21c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Artane2002

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Sunny in (my part of) Dublin. 21c atm.

Overcast in Dublin 5 and 9 and I think it's been this way all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah barely anything in Dublin 13 and Dublin 5 up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Here we go...……..serious dark clouds. Dublin 2. :eek:

km79 wrote: »
    Dull
    Damp
    Dreary
    Depressing

East galway

Pissed rain after that
    Is there any end to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Raining for the last hour or so in cork city. Cloudy all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Still beautiful in Arklow
    An unexpected warm day
    Currently 20c

Yet another crap day in Letterkenny with misty drizzle all day, has been raining non stop for around 48 hours now.

The past month has been as depressing as any period I can ever remember, one dry day here since the 3nd of August and that was a dark overcast day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

God its bad enough in dublin but how the hell do you live out west if its constantly grey and raining? I mean does it not depress the f*ck out of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

16.2c and driving drizzle in West Clare. Reducing visibility.

God its bad enough in dublin but how the hell do you live out west if its constantly grey and raining? I mean does it not depress the f*ck out of you?

Yes

Yes :)

Like yourself I'm seriously considering a move to warmer climes again

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭grizzlyadams

All is not lost,my "sources" tell me the fine weather shall return...in a week....

All is not lost,my "sources" tell me the fine weather shall return...in a week....

I would be very cautious about expecting any sort of settled weather any time soon. The latest ensembles for Dublin (the driest part of the country), show a classic sine wave indicated areas of low pressure with contrasting temperatures between each area of low pressure. Temperatures look several degrees below normal for much of the coming week, but very short lived warmer spikes in between.

ens_image.php?geoid=64981&var=201&run=12&date=2019-09-03&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    I would be very cautious about expecting any sort of settled weather any time soon. The latest ensembles for Dublin (the driest part of the country), show a classic sine wave indicated areas of low pressure with contrasting temperatures between each area of low pressure. Temperatures look several degrees below normal for much of the coming week, but very short lived warmer spikes in between.

ens_image.php?geoid=64981&var=201&run=12&date=2019-09-03&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1

Rain ?

Advertisement