Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

• 11-03-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Anyone Know of any Irish, Tekkit servers? Or any one that they would recommend?

I've been trying for a couple of days now and Can't find any that would be comfortable with logging onto everyday (Due to amount of people, not enough slots)

Any would help

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

/Bump #Tumbleweed

Looking for same thing as OP.

Can anyone recommend a well run Tekkit server preferably IRE/UK that are looking for numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

im sure, since you are looking for a tekkit server, you know this already but ill mention it just in case.

when looking at tekkit servers pay close attention to which mods they disable, if any. most of the larger tekkit servers disable (or severely restrict) equivalent exchange at the very least and this may not be to your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Yea saw that on the tekkit server forums, is there a particular reason for it? removing the highend items? bugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

i only played my first game of tekkit yesterday, its like a whole new games with a million more different things to do.
    I'm fascinated by the pipes :pac:

It'll be class if we could get a tekkit server running, or find one for that matter :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Just started playing it after watching Duncans videos. Would love to join a server too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

MagicSean wrote: »
    Just started playing it after watching Duncans videos. Would love to join a server too.

Yep Duncan's videos really got me into them

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

the main reasons for disabling items, or even entire mods, in tekkit is because of various duplication bugs and the fact that some of the blocks you can use make the game ridiculously easy and horribly unbalanced.

EDIT: there are also some issues with some items and machines circumventing grief prevention methods

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Kenno90 wrote: »
    i only played my first game of tekkit yesterday, its like a whole new games with a million more different things to do.
    I'm fascinated by the pipes :pac:

It'll be class if we could get a tekkit server running, or find one for that matter :P

Just after setting a private one up. Prepare for some good times :D Me, you, Cody & Podge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Would love to get into some tekkit, been watching yogscast duncans videos for a while and tried it out on SP but would really like to try it in a MP enviornment

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

If anyone sets up A server, Id like to test it out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Been playing a lot of SSP Tekkit so I'd love to join a server if one pops up!

Me and the lads have set up a private one, and before you ask, no you can't join :)

It's serious fun and its like a whole new game.

Some pics,

The workshed with solar panels on the roof powering various furnaces. Also a rubber farm out the back.
    2012-07-15_020141.png

Inside the shed:
    2012-07-15_013708.png

Downstairs in the basement, temporary sleeping arrangements till the house is built :D
    2012-07-15_013642.png

And in order, Sausageandeggs/Scody(with a different username & skin :P)/Me:
    2012-07-15_013510.png

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Mak_United wrote: »
    Me and the lads have set up a private one, and before you ask, no you can't join :)

Why I oughta! :mad:
    Mak_United wrote: »
    And in order, Sausageandeggs/Scody(with a different username & skin :P)/Me:
    2012-07-15_013510.png

MACHO MACHO MAN YEA!

I WANNA BE A MACHO MAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

If there is enough interest i was thinking of a public boards one.

BX 19 wrote: »
    If there is enough interest i was thinking of a public boards one.

:pac:

Has to be a considerable amount as well :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Id deffinitely be interested, used to play on the boards server but just got bored, this has me interested again though with the amount of stuff you can mess with and create

I'd be interested too.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

I would be able to set one up free of charge for boards users as long as there is enough interest that is.. Should I make a poll to see who is interested?

Dazza wrote: »
    I would be able to set one up free of charge for boards users as long as there is enough interest that is.. Should I make a poll to see who is interested?

Go for it. How many would you need to make it viable?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

MagicSean wrote: »
    Dazza wrote: »

Go for it. How many would you need to make it viable?
    Amm 10—20 at least I guess. Poll is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'd definitely be interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

Same as Vin, used to play on the boards server a lot and got bored. Been playing Technic ssp for the last few months (only one meltdown so far :D). This is a great idea Dazza.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

were planning on opening it up as soon as were able to restrict cheat mode etc , so will be open then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 mattvb91

I have been playing on a small 8 slot server, They are still looking for people but they also have a whitelist in place to prevent griefing so I think you need to apply to be whitelisted. I think they are upgrading slots soon but space isnt a problem at the moment as usually only 4-5 players on at the same time.

Tekkit Server

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SlowPokeDerp

Aw, hell yes. I would play the **** out of tekkit if there were some bro's to play with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Aw, hell yes. I would play the **** out of tekkit if there were some bro's to play with too.

Just your luck!

The Boards.ie Tekkit server will be back up this evening. Put your name on the whitelist thread and you can join when its up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SlowPokeDerp

Could you link me the whitelist thread?
    I'm gonna compliment the everloving **** out of your machines if youre on with me

I mentioned it last night but I said I'd bring it up here. Any chance we could allow some banned items be used in the nether. I don't know if this can be done via a plug in or if an honour system would have to be used but it would give the chance to try this stuff out, maybe get a little creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Is there a server set up?I'd love to join. Used to be on the Boards Server but vanilla got boring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Is there a server set up?I'd love to join. Used to be on the Boards Server but vanilla got boring.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1477

Advertisement