Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭richardkeiths

lets hope none of you get threatened into bringing drugs into a prison

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Arod13 wrote: »
    Iv that same fear.I’m in the 50’s and have been waiting 19months.Iv no family abroad,never had!
    At some point have to look at the possibility that clearance could be lost!
    im afraid of that too,was looking at 2020 campaign and some of them even have there clearance dont know how that is possible since they are after us.Oom means nothing basically whos clearance comes back first.i wonder is there any way that we can find out clearance progress

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

Any one hear of security clearance coming back?
    Seems to have slowed down to a trickle at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Biker90

I’d say calls are going out soon Garda vetting is been processed

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

can anyone tell me when is the next recruiment campiagn for the prision serivce your did they ban it for other few year cause they got their numbers of prision officers what they wanted 3rd time applying next time around

• Advertisement

Dean2020 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me when is the next recruiment campiagn for the prision serivce your did they ban it for other few year cause they got their numbers of prision officers what they wanted 3rd time applying next time around

Was ment to be one in jan or feb but looks like it won’t happen.they’ve not got the numbers they need yet,everything has slowed down due to COVID.there is a back log of recruits from 2019 and 2020 so they might just want to get them sorted before they recruit another class.

hopefully the next recruiment be soon not in other few years failed 2 times l did when l applied am only 23 so have loads of time to get in.something all ways wanted to do was to work in a prision seems such a good job and well paid job aswell being a prision officer is the process long when people past all the 4 stages

hopefully the next recruiment be soon not in other few years failed 2 times l did when l applied am only 23 so have loads of time to get in.something all ways wanted to do was to work in a prision seems such a good job and well paid job aswell being a prision officer is the process long when people past all the 4 stages

Iv found the longest part is security clearance,that’s a lotto.how you done in the exams means nothing which is frustrating but it is what it is.all stages with the PAS flew in and even the medical and pct was quick.
    Don’t give up,keep at it and you’ll eventually get it.

many times did u apply for the prision serivce arod13 are u waiting to be called up to the college wont give up l have plenty of time to get in to the serivce my highest stage l got to is stage 2

many times did u apply for the prision serivce arod13 are u waiting to be called up to the college wont give up l have plenty of time to get in to the serivce my highest stage l got to is stage 2

I only applied once and just got lucky that the questions on the online and live exams suited me.
    Interview was tricky because you’ve no idea what the panel are thinking.medical was grand,just had to trim down a little for it.you know well in advance about the medical so you’ve enough time to get your weight right.the pct is grand as well,training to get your weight right obviously helps for the pct but all in all the pct is grand.
    Next time you apply use the career services website and prep courses for all stages,it’s worth the investment.
    Just waiting on security clearance at the minute,waiting 21months so hoping it’ll be back at some stage this summer so I can be in the September or October class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

I heard if your BMI is over you can do the step test and if you pass that you can get away with a higher bmi. I Play rugby and a bmi of under 30 for me isnt my natural weight, anyone know any more about that?

fair play passing first time mate when u applied have the online pratice exams on career serivces they were 80 euro l paid also did the day course with career services when l applied 2 times very good investment learn so much in that one day with them hopefully their be recruiment drive this year its something all ways wanted to be prison officer hopefully l get the chance to be one l have secound cousin whos a prison officer.2 years is long time to be waiting for clearance to come back will that be the same for me when l pass all my stages its long process once people pass all the stages l heard waiting to be called up only young so l have loads of time to get in did u all ways wanted to be prison officer mate and what age are u dont mind me asking.would their be much people apply for the prision serivce when they recruit cause l heard not many apply for the job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Ironhead93 wrote: »
    I heard if your BMI is over you can do the step test and if you pass that you can get away with a higher bmi. I Play rugby and a bmi of under 30 for me isnt my natural weight, anyone know any more about that?

Atm they make you go to a gym to do a Vo2 test, its easy enough.

Arod13 your inbox is full mate I cant reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

Arod13 your inbox is full mate I cant reply.

Is there a drug testing part for this actually seen the psni hopefuls have a to get tje hair follicle test and all to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If you're worried about failing a drug test it's probably not the job for you

If you're worried about failing a drug test it's probably not the job for you

Well done posting the most obvious smart ass answer, not worried at all about failing it but as mentioned in my post I just saw someone posting about getting a hair follicle test and was interested to see did anyone else carry this test out for recruitment, hope its OK with you to be wondering such a thing and then go on to ask about it.

if your on drugs tom its not for u l dont think

if your on drugs tom its not for u l dont think

Really lad? I already passed all my stages im waiting on clearance hows your campaign going?

being honest l failed l did waiting for the next recruitment drive to start l am is that your first time applying for the prison serivce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭StephenRy30

Whats happening last group when covid made it stop is are they still doing interviews?
    When are they recruiting again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

Going by my family member who is 20 years in the prison service its not worth getting into now pension is not as good as it was .

12 hour days mostly sitting around for **** all money

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

Whats happening last group when covid made it stop is are they still doing interviews?
    When are they recruiting again ?

I'm looking apply again when they start recruiting again does anyone know what the salary is after 20 years service?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Luke774 wrote: »
    I'm looking apply again when they start recruiting again does anyone know what the salary is after 20 years service?

Same as it is after 15

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

Same as it is after 15

So €15 - €18 an hour then over time, I know the salary isn't as good now for new recruits and not as much over time as there use to be but still a safe job for life.

Luke774 wrote: »
    So €15 - €18 an hour then over time, I know the salary isn't as good now for new recruits and not as much over time as there use to be but still a safe job for life.
    You’re on €18 in your 4th yr!
    Not being smart pal but if someone has told you that the pay isn’t good based on €18ph in yr 15 then you’ve told some porkys!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

Is there anyone starting training on the 13th of September still waiting for the garda vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rebecca30

Anyone hear anything lately?

Blast from the past! How did you all get on? I dropped out due to a bad injury hampering my fitness, currently on my way to being in the Civil Service so may apply again in 2-3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

Getting on great. Happy with the job. Was more or less what I expected and very happy to be working with some super people, its not perfect, no job is, but its Im genuinely happy with the decision I took to join.

Advertisement