Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

My thoughts on it would be that anyone that has those types of pictures up are just piss takers,and not the good kind tbh.Not saying you are of course,but thats perception for ya!

Wow. Should watch that PoF vid again. I seem to be getting this all wrong. Would you still consider it taking the piss on a 'looking for friends' profile though?

Photo taken down while I figure this out. I honestly think it is funny and I put it up as indication of what makes me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

To me, a picture like that instead of an actual photo somewhat gives off the impression that you're not serious about the whole online dating business and would put me off to an extent.

It wasn't my main photo though. Just one of my photos- I have-had- several up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

The more time I spend on PoF the more I'm amazed by the amount of people who have their profession listed as teacher and either cant spell or have their profile written entirely in text speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Bugger. It seems that you do have to upgrade to meet new people on POF.com??

I thought it was free? It's the same on POF Ireland.

Am I the only one who can only find one POF site?? As in POF.com
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dovies wrote: »

Nope I only see pof.com!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

http://www.plentymorefish.com/ie_dating/ie_dating.html. There's the second one.

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Plenty more fish not plenty of fish! 2 different sites

awec wrote: »
    That'd be PMF then.

LOL. :o:D

LOL. :o:D

Jesus Mickey no wonder I was confused - was nearly putting my wine back in the fridge!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Guy gets in a huff coz I won't add him to Facebook. Fair enough. :rolleyes:

Larianne wrote: »

I never add dates to my FB!! Sod im! :D

LOL

• How else is he going to perve at your photos? :(

:pac:

He only wants your facebook to get more pictures most likely. Just right to say no. :)
    I never add dates to my FB!! Sod im! :D

I've frickin three up on the site!

I said in a joking way They are the best pics you'll get of me and that ones on FB were shockin ones from trips away etc. :D

Then he said "You're hiding, okay".

I don't add people to FB. End of.

I've frickin three up on the site!

I said in a joking way They are the best pics you'll get of me and that ones on FB were shockin ones from trips away etc. :D

Then he said "You're hiding, okay".

I don't add people to FB. End of.

Hiding? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Yeah I figured that online dating would be similar to real life dating where the vast majority of women hold all the cards and just sit back waiting to be approached. I thought, well was hoping really, that at least some women would be willing to take a chance and send a message or make an approach as you don't need a fraction of the confidence that they would need in real life plus the rejection isn't nearly as bad as it would be to their face.

Even though I'm on match.com now I might give the free sites ago but I was advised to steer well clear of them as they are apparently full of txt speaking young girls with ridiculously high expectations looking for twentysomething guys who put up photos of their sixpacks. That might be a total cliché but I really don't think my fragile ego could handle the apparent ego massaging on sites like OKC or POF. I might have to bite the bullet on that too unfortunately.

Lastly I am Dublin based but I'm very open to meet women of any nationality either here, in another part of the country or abroad, so they don't have to be Irish women at all, infact I would mind a foreign woman for a change.

Hence the patience and persistence. Plenty of people on this thread have had .. dry spells ... only to suddenly strike it lucky with someone who feels lucky too. Try not to let it affect your confidence - it's not as if the other men are inundated with replies and offers! What you're experiencing is the norm. I think you should definitely check out the free sites. You've nothing to lose, and a couple of the fellas here got talking to overseas girls on ok cupid I think in particular.

Good luck!

Hiding? LOL

yeah. :rolleyes:
    If you add him to facebook, go on a date with him and then find he's a total oddball then you're screwed as he already knows all the stuff about you from facebook, your friends etc.

Surely one of the points of online dating is meeting up for no strings attached dating (and I don't mean that in the no strings attached sex way). I just mean you go on a date, have a bit of fun and see how it goes without having to know each others life story!

If it hits off and you get together then brilliant! But at the same time if it doesn't work out you've lost nothing, you can just not meet again. You lose part of that benefit when you start adding to facebook in my opinion.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant. :o

Yeah, I agree with you completely. Not sure why he wanted it. :confused:

I don't like nosey people anyway! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

I find these sites get boring very fast :( Have I found my Donnacha O'Callaghan??? No ...no I have not :( Just a load of perverts!!

I find these sites get boring very fast :( Have I found my Donnacha O'Callaghan??? No ...no I have not :( Just a load of perverts!!

Do what I do. Make your profile hidden and then you message the guys. Eliminates the pervs. ALthough having said that, I never got any pervs. :cool: Well maybe one... I think.

I'm not a perv.

Don't tar us all with the same brush. :(

• Larianne wrote: »
    Do what I do. Make your profile hidden and then you message the guys. Eliminates the pervs. ALthough having said that, I never got any pervs. :cool: Well maybe one... I think.

Me?

Me?

You're not on POF! (Glad its hidden now!) :pac:

@ Mental Mickey - I think she meant, the only guys who messaged her (or the majority at least) were of the pervy kind.

Someone viewed my OKC profile who looks like the girl in your avatar Larriane, was it you? :pac:

I'm not on OKC. Plus, I don't look like Cheetara. (I wish!)

Got a reply to a message I sent to someone.

Said that I wasnt their type but wished me luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Ooooohhhh that sounds like a deadly idea!!!! I think I might just do that ...although I have to be honest I don't like sending messages to guys first...I dont want that to sound really bad ...but its kinda true .... I am just going to apply for the next series of Take Me Out ..its the only solution :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement