Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There was an offer on Rockshore that was suppose to last till April 14th.
    I'd added some into my basket on Tesco online but the offer seems to have been taken down now.
    Will they honour this deal still?
    I've sent an email with the screenshot but no reply

Is your delivery date beyond the offer date maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

There was an offer on Rockshore that was suppose to last till April 14th.
    I'd added some into my basket on Tesco online but the offer seems to have been taken down now.
    Will they honour this deal still?
    I've sent an email with the screenshot but no reply

No they wont. Tesco chop and change offers at will.

Strikes me as tactic, you see offer for 7 days, off you go to shop and pick up the item, oblivious to the fact its no longer on offer.

Or if you do cop it you are already in the shop so wontgo anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is your delivery date beyond the offer date maybe?

No it was for the 3rd of April and the offer was to the 14th.

easypazz wrote: »

Strikes me as tactic, you see offer for 7 days, off you go to shop and pick up the item, oblivious to the fact its no longer on offer.

Cheers.. I'll keep an eye out for this in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

easypazz wrote: »

Tesco don’t chop and change the offers. All offers have a start date and an end date. If you order online and the delivery slot is past the offers end date then you don’t get the offer. Like wise if you order an item that’s full price but in the delivery date there’s a half price offer, then you’re charged half price.

Here’s a tip though if you’re in store. Look at the price label. The special offer price labels are yellow and white. At the bottom they have an offer end date. But it’s written backwards so 200325 is 25/03/2020

That means the offer will still be on for all of trade on 25th but new price will start on 26th.
    By law they can’t have an ‘always on offer’ price as that then has to be the new price. Products have to have a certain amount of time at full RRP in order for a special to be special.

Some times an offer will stop prior to it’s official end date but it’s most definitely an exception rather than a rule. Typically an availability issue or an error correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Example of offer end date displayed on the pride label

https://ibb.co/Q8Vj11C

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not sure given current events is it moral to list cheap beer, if it's not send me to the gallows.

Tesco
    Corona 18x330ml €20 :pac:
    Budweiser/Bulmbers+Light/Carlsberg/Coors/Guinness/Heineken/Molson/Stella 24x500ml €30 (think this is current cheapest price for crates)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

Not sure given current events is it moral to list cheap beer, if it's not send me to the gallows.

Tesco
    Budweiser/Bulmbers+Light/Carlsberg/Coors/Guinness/Heineken/Molson/Stella 24x500ml €30 (think this is current cheapest price for crates)
    its moral...keep them coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Tesco

If anything, you are keeping some of us sane. Its moral. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Powers 700ml €24.50 in Dunnes (and Tesco also I believe)
    Picked one up today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Tesco Corona 18x330ml €20 Budweiser/Bulmbers+Light/Carlsberg/Coors/Guinness/Heineken/Molson/Stella 24x500ml €30 (think this is current cheapest price for crates)

I dont have any morals anyway so keep her lit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Tesco Corona 18x330ml €20 Budweiser/Bulmbers+Light/Carlsberg/Coors/Guinness/Heineken/Molson/Stella 24x500ml €30 (think this is current cheapest price for crates)

I dont have any morals anyway so keep her lit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Aldi specially selected Ribera del duero €5. Normally €10

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Aldi specially selected Ribera del duero €5. Normally €10

That's great value, is it store specific or a general offer?

jarvis wrote: »
    Tesco don’t chop and change the offers. All offers have a start date and an end date. If you order online and the delivery slot is past the offers end date then you don’t get the offer. Like wise if you order an item that’s full price but in the delivery date there’s a half price offer, then you’re charged half price.

Here’s a tip though if you’re in store. Look at the price label. The special offer price labels are yellow and white. At the bottom they have an offer end date. But it’s written backwards so 200325 is 25/03/2020

That means the offer will still be on for all of trade on 25th but new price will start on 26th.
    By law they can’t have an ‘always on offer’ price as that then has to be the new price. Products have to have a certain amount of time at full RRP in order for a special to be special.

Some times an offer will stop prior to it’s official end date but it’s most definitely an exception rather than a rule. Typically an availability issue or an error correction.

Just for clarity.. here is the proof of them changing an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco don’t chop and change the offers. All offers have a start date and an end date.
    They do it quite a bit, I have numerous posts about it, in this thread and other threads for food, I often warn people to snap stuff up and do not rely on dates.

One happened just today, and if you check google cache is shows it. I was holding off going to the shops until I had a big spend and my food had run low. They had loads of beer on offer for €30 for 24 cans, heineken, guinness etc.

The offer has been pulled 2 weeks early

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250640585

google cache shows it was there yesterday

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:eiquPEyXFf4J:https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/%3Fid%3D250640585+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 31 Mar 2020 18:50:16 GMT.

Heineken Can 500Ml

Special OfferAny 24 For 30.00
    valid until 14/4/2020

Molson was 24cans for €20 still due to be running

It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 25 Mar 2020
    24 For 20.00 Save 26....
    valid until 14/4/2020

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Km6G0bUoCDUJ:https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/%3Fid%3D278906183+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

gone now https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/?id=278906183

That date is 25th march, some of the other cans do not have as up to date a record history.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I bought 24 cans of Heineken for €30 in Tesco today.
    I had a €15 off €70 voucher so together with some groceries it was good value.

elperello wrote: »
    I bought 24 cans of Heineken for €30 in Tesco today.
    I had a €15 off €70 voucher so together with some groceries it was good value.

I just emailed a friend about it, who also said he got heineken today for 30

told him it could be pulled from the online offers to discourage people from ordering for delivery, they have ads on radio now saying to visit the shop if you can, and leave slots open for people who really need it. People reckon they make a loss on deliveries, and the old people using it right now are getting free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Lidl

20 bottles of heineken and coors 15 euro.

Tesco beer offers back and dropped from 30 to €28

heineken/guinness/coors light
    Special OfferAny 24 For 28.00valid from 2/4/2020 until 14/4/2020

Smirnoff/morgans/gordons are €27 for 1L, not brilliant but works out €18.90 per 700ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

You'd think that the supermarkets wouldn't be bothered doing many offers at the moment. Everyone drinking at home pushing up demand. I have noticed Heineken gone from shelves at various times in my local places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭lucalux

rubadub wrote: »

Smirnoff/morgans/gordons are €27 for 1L, not brilliant but works out €18.90 per 700ml

Guinness showing up as out of stock for me. Had the 24 for 30 offer in my basket but delivery isnt till next week so I'm not sure if they'll restock before then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Aldi are doing Molson 25 euro for 24 cans.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

All promotions are agreed with the supplier up to a maximum qty , once that qty is hit the promotion would have to be paid for by the retailer and they never do that. So pretty much every successful promotion ends early !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

dubstepper wrote: »
    You'd think that the supermarkets wouldn't be bothered doing many offers at the moment. Everyone drinking at home pushing up demand. I have noticed Heineken gone from shelves at various times in my local places.

the promotions are done by the supplier not the retailer and a set amount are agreed for the year in advance as part of price negotiations .

Suppliers have to honour these over the year anyway and right now as a marketing strategy you could argue is a better time to promote than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

When is Lidl bottles for 14.99 offer on?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Does anybody know if Dunnes are doing any offers on slabs of Bulmers or Heineken?
    They usually do the promo on slabs at the same time as Tesco.

I wont be doing the shopping until Saturday so I haven't checked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Dunnes are doing any offers on slabs of Bulmers or Heineken?
    They usually do the promo on slabs at the same time as Tesco.

I wont be doing the shopping until Saturday so I haven't checked yet.

Went to Tesco at midday and kept driving. Queues were mental. Won't be going near the big supermarkets for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

The Nal wrote: »
    Went to Tesco at midday and kept driving. Queues were mental. Won't be going near the big supermarkets for the foreseeable.

At that rate I don't think I will bother so. There will more than likely be no slabs left, especially if they are on special. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

rubadub wrote: »

Bulmers was 28 a slab in my store today too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement