Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dyson Big Ball & V7 Trigger

• 06-05-2020 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Not for everyone, but if you happen to be looking for a Dyson at the moment (which I was), you can get a Dyson Big Ball Animal 2+ vacuum with free V7 handheld Trigger for €330 (including delivery) in their "Spring Sale": https://www.dyson.ie/offers/dyson-offers.html

I've checked on HN/Curry's etc., and it seems that €330 is the current retail price of the Big Ball, while the V7 is €230.

If you were thinking of buying either of these, it seems to be a great deal - but if you weren't, then they are just expensive vacuum cleaners.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If I didnt have one already Id be all over that! Thats a great price for 2 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Thanks for this. Just ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Ordered too, have a 10 year old Dyson and been eye out for a replacement - the mini will do for cleaning out the cars so good deal.

Delivery tomorrow at no additional cost too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Is the main engine of this V7 trigger much different to the V7 with the long tube?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

leex wrote: »
    Is the main engine of this V7 trigger much different to the V7 with the long tube?

I'm pretty sure they use the same motor (on the website both are listed as having a Dyson digital motor V7....up to 110,000 rpm).

However, I don't know if you can attach a "stick" to the "trigger" version - I suspect it might be possible using some kind of adapter, but I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement

paddym1 wrote: »
    However, I don't know if you can attach a "stick" to the "trigger" version - I suspect it might be possible using some kind of adapter, but I'm open to correction.

I was wondering about this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I have this exact vacuum and it is absolutely terrible. Have it about a year, for maybe a month it was decent, then just basically lost all suction power, we even sent it back to Dyson to have it repaired because we thought there was a problem with it as the suction was so poor. They apparently found nothing wrong with it and sent it back, basically no different.

We're now buying another vacuum (as this basically doesn't function as a vacuum) after dropping €400 on this about a year ago. I would stay away!!

In addition, we had a dyson before this one (an upright one) and it was amazing, loved it and hence we were so enamored with getting another Dyson, this is nowhere near the same level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Yeah iv'e heard similar about these vacuums before. They just don't do as good a job as a proper corded vacuum. That said if you are in the market for one of these this is a decent bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Yeah iv'e heard similar about these vacuums before. They just don't do as good a job as a proper corded vacuum. That said if you are in the market for one of these this is a decent bargain.

Just for clarity I was referring to the Big Ball Vacuum, I haven't used the cordless one, if it on it's own is worth €330 maybe, but I wouldn't go near this TBH!
    OmegaGene wrote:
    Contact dyson and get it serviced under warranty maybe
    We did, they took it back and we received it back from them with no improvement. Warranty was effectively worthless, as the "Service/Repair" did nothing to improve the performance, it's just not a good product.

I wouldn't go near it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Thanks OP!! Just ordered. Was on the lookout for a Dyson. 1st One!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

To me, Dyson is about practicality and ease of use.

If you have to plug it in and drag it around the place, you're as well off getting a cheaper alternative. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Ordered yesterday, already delivered - not bad considering the situation we are in with most places as far as deliveries go!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

thebiglad wrote: »
    Ordered yesterday, already delivered - not bad considering the situation we are in with most places as far as deliveries go!

Mine were also delivered today. I'll get to try them when I get home from work this evening. Hope I have more joy than Ste05 seems to have had.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Soarer wrote: »

If you have to plug it in and drag it around the place, you're as well off getting a cheaper alternative. IMO.

Or get a proper vacuum, like a Nilfisk. You don't see professional cleaning companies using a Dyson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Mine arrived today.
    Initial thoughts.

Fantastic suction.
    Wide array of attachments which use click lock system to attach.
    Pneumatic head sticks to the floor even on the low setting and cleans better than any vacuum I've had before, Dyson or other.
    Retractable power cord is nice, I can see it breaking over time though :(
    Much easier to move about the room than the upright I had previously.
    Not as noisey as I expected.

All long as the filter is cleaned regularly I see no reason for it to lose suction over time.

Very happy with the purchase, thank you OP!

SickBoy wrote: »
    Mine arrived today.
    Initial thoughts.

Fantastic suction.
    Wide array of attachments which use click lock system to attach.
    Pneumatic head sticks to the floor even on the low setting and cleans better than any vacuum I've had before, Dyson or other.
    Retractable power cord is nice, I can see it breaking over time though :(
    Much easier to move about the room than the upright I had previously.
    Not as noisey as I expected.

All long as the filter is cleaned regularly I see no reason for it to lose suction over time.

Very happy with the purchase, thank you OP!

Whats the Trigger like? Ordered yesterday but not arrived yet and have been looking online to see if a "stick" type attachment can be found for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Whats the Trigger like? Ordered yesterday but not arrived yet and have been looking online to see if a "stick" type attachment can be found for it....

It's still in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ste05 wrote: »
    I have this exact vacuum and it is absolutely terrible. Have it about a year, for maybe a month it was decent, then just basically lost all suction power, we even sent it back to Dyson to have it repaired because we thought there was a problem with it as the suction was so poor. They apparently found nothing wrong with it and sent it back, basically no different.

We're now buying another vacuum (as this basically doesn't function as a vacuum) after dropping €400 on this about a year ago. I would stay away!!

In addition, we had a dyson before this one (an upright one) and it was amazing, loved it and hence we were so enamored with getting another Dyson, this is nowhere near the same level.

ive had mine a year now and couldnt of had a more different experience and this is with 2 pets that lose alot of hair and basically living on a building site the last 3 years ( gone through a hoover and a vax in that time)

Big ball remains very powerful and is great for the hardwood and carpets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Stolen from HUKD.

V10 Animal “refurbished with 1 year warranty” for £270 delivered to Parcel Motel from Dyson eBay. .
    Loads of people are getting brand new units in plain packaging, and 2 years’ warranty when registering. Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Thanks Ordered there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,423 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Stolen from HUKD.

V10 Animal “refurbished with 1 year warranty” for £270 delivered to Parcel Motel from Dyson eBay. .
    Loads of people are getting brand new units in plain packaging, and 2 years’ warranty when registering. Linky

Just a quick note it will be too large for a PM locker so you will need to collect from the depot. Also I have ordered twice from Dyson on Ebay and both times they did not include the PM ID on the shipping address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

leex wrote: »

Only the V7 Trigger has arrived so far from my order. I checked to see whether the tube from my mother's V8 would attach to it and work with it and it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,180 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Considering getting this.
    What company delivers for them?

I ordered on Wednesday and they both arrived on Thursday.

I have a V6 and the attachments don’t fit the V7 Trigger. The Big Ball is a good replacement for out 15 year old Dyson (DC08 maybe)

Mine was delivered by AnPost.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Or get a proper vacuum, like a Nilfisk. You don't see professional cleaning companies using a Dyson.

Nobody makes cordless vacuums that can compete with Dyson which I think was the point. Hoovering is a pain, plugging in and dragging it around with a cable is a pain. I can see changing to a cordless vacuum as a total game changer in ease of use and keeping a place clean so looking forward to making the plunge. From what I’ve seen there is little or no competition for dyson in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nobody makes cordless vacuums that can compete with Dyson which I think was the point.

Not true any more. The latest Vax Blade 4 has won awards against Dysons. I have a Shark and to me it's much better than the Dyson we had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Dyson is all about he fashion

You can't be any cooler walking down Dublin City Centre pulling your Dyson after you

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Dyson is all about he fashion

You can't be any cooler walking down Dublin City Centre pulling your Dyson after you

That’s the great thing about the cordless Dysons, you don’t pull them, you push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

nedd wrote: »
    That’s the great thing about the cordless Dysons, you don’t pull them, you push.

Old skool is better :-)

• Advertisement

Lemag wrote: »
    Only the V7 Trigger has arrived so far from my order. I checked to see whether the tube from my mother's V8 would attach to it and work with it and it did.

Excellent, thanks for this!!

Do you know what type of V8 it was? V8 animal etc?

Would be eager to order a "wand" as Dyson refers to them, to effectively turn the trigger into a full dyson stick vacuum.

Advertisement