Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Top_Guy wrote: »
    Hi would you recommend <SNIP>? Trying to get a recommendation myself

Yes, very good, used them and got a very detailed report back the same day.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bryanee

HI ,

New to boards :

Moving into one of the phase two houses.

Have been told house should be ready October but I'm guessing snag etc will be November at the earliest before we can move in.

A few questions if anyone is happy to assist:

Any one recommend good snagger? I saw a few people were messaged a few names.
    Also any good blinds & curtain company installers?
    Was going to ask for dimensions from Savilles for the house (4B) but I'm guessing you should always get the windows remeasured once in.

Lastly if anyone has measurements for new 4 bed layout , need to see measurement for looking at couches:)

Much appreciated, looking forward to meeting the new neighbours.

Last phase I see going up this month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Top_Guy

Bryanee wrote: »
    HI ,

New to boards :

Moving into one of the phase two houses.

Have been told house should be ready October but I'm guessing snag etc will be November at the earliest before we can move in.

A few questions if anyone is happy to assist:

Any one recommend good snagger? I saw a few people were messaged a few names.
    Also any good blinds & curtain company installers?
    Was going to ask for dimensions from Savilles for the house (4B) but I'm guessing you should always get the windows remeasured once in.

Lastly if anyone has measurements for new 4 bed layout , need to see measurement for looking at couches:)

Much appreciated, looking forward to meeting the new neighbours.

Last phase I see going up this month :)

hi bryanee, all the dimensions for the rooms and windows of the tybe b 4 bedroom houses are on the KCC planning website at :

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=2022144&format=jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SomeMan_87

I read this week in the Leinster Leader that 6 houses were broken into this week in Carton Wood, they said the were unoccupied. Does anyone know if these were houses yet to be sold or unoccupied meaning that the owners were just not in at the time?

I would be interested to know if any real damage was done and if it will cause any delays with people are still waiting on keys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 edbarr

That's very disappointing news about the spate of burglaries. I was hoping to buy in phase 3, but with the type A houses to be rumoured to be around 400k then I think it's time for me to look elsewhere in Maynooth . There's definitely more value to be had in Maynooth, just have to roll the dice with the student accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 housebuyer18

edbarr wrote: »
    That's very disappointing news about the spate of burglaries. I was hoping to buy in phase 3, but with the type A houses to be rumoured to be around 400k then I think it's time for me to look elsewhere in Maynooth . There's definitely more value to be had in Maynooth, just have to roll the dice with the student accommodation.
    These types of burglaries happen in every new estate unfortunately- just opportunistic with unoccupied houses. Live in the estate and we are delighted with it so far!
    Would be very surprised if house prices increase that much but I suppose you never know in today's market!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Maynooth has an extremely high burglary rate, another thing not pointed out in developers brochures. You need a monitored alarm without default bypass codes at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

We're interested in making a move to Maynooth and really like the estate, would anyone know which part of the attached site plan is the next phase? Am I right in thinking it's the block facing "proposed park"?

Also, is there a halting site the other side of the road, has this ever been a concern?

461361.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15 housebuyer18

jozi wrote: »
    We're interested in making a move to Maynooth and really like the estate, would anyone know which part of the attached site plan is the next phase? Am I right in thinking it's the block facing "proposed park"?

Also, is there a halting site the other side of the road, has this ever been a concern?

461361.jpg

Yes think it's the houses in that block that are left. Ring Savills and they'll let you know. Halting site is a non issue as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Yes think it's the houses in that block that are left. Ring Savills and they'll let you know. Halting site is a non issue as far as I can see.

Thank you. I'll be onto them first thing Monday.

Anyone living there commute to Dublin city centre, roughly how long does it take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Top_Guy

Can anyone confirm if you can fit a superking mattress up the stairs of a type b? had lads from the bed company over earlier to measure it up and they came back and said it wouldnt fit. Any feedback on this appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DDpool

Top_Guy wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if you can fit a superking mattress up the stairs of a type b? had lads from the bed company over earlier to measure it up and they came back and said it wouldnt fit. Any feedback on this appreciated

We got a superking upstairs in Type B no problem, the guys had no difficulty. It fits well in room, still good space.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

Anyone living there commute to Dublin city centre, roughly how long does it take?

I live in the estate next door to this one. I am in work for 7.30. Train leaves Maynooth at 6.20 and I am at my desk by 7.30! I have to swap trains at Pearse but it’s grand. I think it gets to Pearse by 7.10 so it’s a grand commute in. The train into town is much quicker than the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Anybody buy a type d or f ? They are big money but look great . Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Train takes approx 45min to Connolly , I get 18:15 Longford train home which takes 30mins as maynooth is the 1st stop on the line and there’s also a Sligo train around 1700 which is the same . Great town to live in . So many places to eat , shop and few beers . Liffey valley & blanchardstown shopping centres very close by too .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maynooth16

Hi, does anybody know if the crèche is still in the plans for Carton wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Does anyone know if everything sold out on phase 3? I would be interested in an end of terrace house Type E.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

I received a contract from my solicitor stating that the builder will withhold all the white goods if the contract is not signed within 21 days. We are still trying to tie up one or two things on our side so most likely wont make this deadline. Can anyone tell me if they had a similar issue and went over their contract deadline and still received their white goods?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fifib25

I received a contract from my solicitor stating that the builder will withhold all the white goods if the contract is not signed within 21 days. We are still trying to tie up one or two things on our side so most likely wont make this deadline. Can anyone tell me if they had a similar issue and went over their contract deadline and still received their white goods?

We were late signing our contracts and still got the white goods. But our contracts didn't explicitly state that we would only get them if we signed within 21 days (as our solicitor helpfully pointed out). Maybe they realised there was a gap there and closed it.

fifib25 wrote: »
    We were late signing our contracts and still got the white goods. But our contracts didn't explicitly state that we would only get them if we signed within 21 days (as our solicitor helpfully pointed out). Maybe they realised there was a gap there and closed it.
    Thanks Fifib.Yeah Savills said it would take 3-6 for contracts to be issued but we got ours 2 weeks later!They will prob include the white goods anyway but are using this as a bargaining tool the sign asap( bastards lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Macdaddy7

Hi, anyone here travel to Parkwest in the morning? Going there for work and finding the traffic a bit crap. Anyone have any idea what the best route would be?

If N4 is really bad, I suppose you could go via Celbridge past the hazel hatch pub, out by Peamount hospital, on towards Clondalkin and out to Parkwest that way. The traffic would want to be really bad to justify that spin though & depending what time your leaving at Celbridge town traffic could be woeful as well. I'd say your talking 35-40 mins at least that way.

Is there a Facebook page or group for people in the estate? - curious to know if the majority of houses built for Phase 2 are occupied at this stage?

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Getting through Celbridge is rarely any better than the N4.

If you go down the M4 to the Lexlip junction, head back towards Celbridge then cut down Elm Hall towards Hazelhatch however you are now going REALLY out of the way.

That's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Macdaddy7 wrote: »
    Hi, anyone here travel to Parkwest in the morning? Going there for work and finding the traffic a bit crap. Anyone have any idea what the best route would be?

Why not drive to hazel hatch and celbridge train station, and get the train, park west is only 3 stops, and takes about 15 mins

Maynooth16 wrote: »
    Hi, does anybody know if the crèche is still in the plans for Carton wood?
    I would be interested in that answer myself! Can't find any info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Are the houses on the main road across from the halting site as small as they look? Including the garden. Seems a lot of money for what you get.

The "linear park" the developer invented here is likely to be a re-alignment of the Blacklion Road as part of the ringroad scheme, going on the route options now published.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tp1980

L1011 wrote: »
    The "linear park" the developer invented here is likely to be a re-alignment of the Blacklion Road as part of the ringroad scheme, going on the route options now published.

Could you please provide more details in respect of this? where did you see the route options you have mentioned above?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

tp1980 wrote: »
    Could you please provide more details in respect of this? where did you see the route options you have mentioned above?

Thanks.

http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/RoadsandTransportation/CurrentMajorRoadSchemes/

Advertisement