Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Didn't get an email.

Port completed at 4.40pm this afternoon. Waiting for the text to say plan has activated. Mobile data is off in the mean time.

Call customer care and ask for data, minutes and texts while waiting for plan to activate. It's gonna take a few days to activate, usually 4.

Unless you're fine with not being able to use your phone for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

jamescd wrote: »
    Call customer care and ask for data, minutes and texts while waiting for plan to activate. It's gonna take a few days to activate, usually 4.

Which would be the best number to call for this? Do I go back to the sales team that sent out the SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Which would be the best number to call for this? Do I go back to the sales team that sent out the SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

No, Customer Care - 1747 will do. You might have to be patient and explain a few times though. I got through to some Asian call centre and the guy who answered couldn't understand what I was trying to explain to him. After 3 or 4 minutes of back and forth, he transferred me to someone else and thankfully the 2nd guy knew exactly what I was talking about. Got me sorted with data, minutes and texts straight away.

Just explain clearly that you are already on a plan and you just want data, minutes and texts to use while waiting for it to activate.

No, Customer Care - 1747 will do. You might have to be patient and explain a few times though. I got through to some Asian call centre and the guy who answered couldn't understand what I was trying to explain to him. After 3 or 4 minutes of back and forth, he transferred me to someone else and thankfully the 2nd guy knew exactly what I was talking about. Got me sorted with data, minutes and texts straight away.

Just explain clearly that you are already on a plan and you just want data, minutes and texts to use while waiting for it to activate.

All done, I was given 1GB, 100 minutes and 100 texts to keep me going until activation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

All done, I was given 1GB, 100 minutes and 100 texts to keep me going until activation!

you might let us know when you get fully sorted,

I might give this another try in a couple of weeks time,

( I eventually found out they had my number incorrect, offered to send another sim but I had my monthly plan topped up)

1907 was the number I used, the reps there seem to know their stuff

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

orm0nd wrote: »
    1907 was the number I used, the reps there seem to know their stuff

1907 and 1747 connect to the same service. 1907 has the advantage that it can be dialed from any phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Got mine ported over today and after ringing got the same 100 mins, 100 texts and 1GB data to tide me over until the offer goes on my account. finding vodafone really easy and professional to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

When you get the data etc to tie you over, do you ring the same Northern Ireland sales team? Or can regular customer service handle this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When you get the data etc to tie you over, do you ring the same Northern Ireland sales team? Or can regular customer service handle this?

Answered around 4 posts back!

• Advertisement

Giving this a go right now. Requested a sim from Eir last Thursday which arrived this morning.

I've just gone through their online porting procedure.

As soon as I'm on Eir I'll be following the instructions from https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107784419&postcount=1066

I'll be back when it's all complete. The clock starts now. Thanks to everyone for the instructions along the way!
    Ported completed to Eir at 3 o'clock. Called Vodafone on 1800 595595 and pressed 2. Spoke to a very helpful lady in NI who knew all about the plan. She then called me back within ten minutes and went through the plan. SIM is on the way! So far, so good.
    SIM has just arrived via Nightline. I just have to wait now until Vodafone complete the port.
    Didn't get an email.

Port completed at 4.40pm this afternoon. Waiting for the text to say plan has activated. Mobile data is off in the mean time.

I received confirmation via text of the plan being activated at 1.40 today. That's just over 70 hours since I called Vodafone and 72 odd since I left Vodafone to jump to Eir and back again.

I also received 20 euro extra credit as previous posters.

Thanks again to everyone for helping out with this plan, especially msmx5's step by step post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107784419&postcount=1066 on how to make this as easy as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

I received confirmation via text of the plan being activated at 1.40 today. That's just over 70 hours since I called Vodafone and 72 odd since I left Vodafone to jump to Eir and back again.

Well done TorresLegend on testing the timeline and reporting back. I would have loved to try the aggressive port approach, but I needed to be reachable the week I was doing it so was cautious and avoided eir (as there were some reports that they wouldn't allow port outs without topping up and I also stayed with 3 in my case for a few days and topped up to be sure.)

It is great to get confirmation that a quick port out and more or less immediate port back in works!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

I ported to Eir from Vodafone yesterday and phoned the NI folks and they sent me out a sim for the Data User Plan.
    I received the Vodafone sim this morning and at around 5pm I got a text on my old sim

"To facilitate your move to Vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period. Please check your voicemail now".

I inserted the new vodafone sim but my phone says the new sim hasn't been provisioned yet. I can't make calls on the old or the new sim, and it looks like nobody can make calls to me. I just tried calling my number from the landline, but I get an engaged tone.
    Anyone know if this is normal or not? I didn't think I'd be unable to receive calls

Nuno wrote: »
    I ported to Eir from Vodafone yesterday and phoned the NI folks and they sent me out a sim for the Data User Plan.
    I received the Vodafone sim this morning and at around 5pm I got a text on my old sim

"To facilitate your move to Vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period. Please check your voicemail now".

I inserted the new vodafone sim but my phone says the new sim hasn't been provisioned yet. I can't make calls on the old or the new sim, and it looks like nobody can make calls to me. I just tried calling my number from the landline, but I get an engaged tone.
    Anyone know if this is normal or not? I didn't think I'd be unable to receive calls

It was twenty minutes before I got to swap the sims over and it just worked. Give it a while and restart your phone.

It was twenty minutes before I got to swap the sims over and it just worked. Give it a while and restart your phone.

Cheers, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Nuno wrote: »

You swapped sims too early, the guide says to wait until your original sim does and then swap
    Correct

Yep Omega that was it.. I was too eager :). All sorted now, and I got 200 mins texts and 200 mins calls with 2 GB data to tie me over until activation. Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

msmx5 wrote: »
    Well done TorresLegend on testing the timeline and reporting back. I would have loved to try the aggressive port approach, but I needed to be reachable the week I was doing it so was cautious and avoided eir (as there were some reports that they wouldn't allow port outs without topping up and I also stayed with 3 in my case for a few days and topped up to be sure.)

It is great to get confirmation that a quick port out and more or less immediate port back in works!

:)

My time line was very similar, called on Wed afternoon, had the sim by Thurs morning and I ported over on Thurs evening. I called this morning and got the 100 mins/texts and 1GB data but just checked my account and the actual plan looks to be already active for the month. Also got the 20eur so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

My plan kicked in today too with the extra €20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I am off to the US for 2 weeks on this plan, anything I need to be wary about or update?

I will probably ring home from hotel or when on Wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

TLDR, get a local SIM for US.

US roaming is NOT included in the plan, see page linked below for details
    http://www.vodafone.ie/roaming/rates-by-country/pay-as-you-go/

You need to opt in to Red roaming, if you don't, calls 1.41 per min (to make AND receive) and data is 6.15 per MB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Roaming in the US isn't covered on any plan for free unless youre on the 80e business plan. everything else is 2.99 a day on Red Roaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Ten Pin wrote: »

You need to opt in to Red roaming, if you don't, calls 1.41 per min (to make AND receive) and data is 6.15 per MB

Thanks... am already opted into Red so should be sorted for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Roaming in the US isn't covered on any plan for free unless youre on the 80e business plan. everything else is 2.99 a day on Red Roaming!
    Swapped over from three onto the data user plan and just have to say that the red roaming package is brilliant for the states. Rang three before I swapped asking about their data roaming and it was so expensive I'd have been restricted to WiFi...the 200mb with Vodafone is unbelievable for Google maps etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Heading to the USA for a week soon enough.

What's the best way to get a local PAYG SIM with a decent amount of data etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kalych

Heading to the USA for a week soon enough.

What's the best way to get a local PAYG SIM with a decent amount of data etc?

Lycamobile is the best deal I’ve pfound there, either 4Gb for $29 or 6Gb for 35.
    https://www.lycamobile.us/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

Ten Pin wrote: »

Cheaper options than buying local. Had this last year and recall vaguely it being hard to beat at the time. Data only but I could also receive calls and texts AFAIR. UK number of course.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Mobile-Pay-Broadband-Data/dp/B01CMD4VKC/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537177760&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=12GB+three.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Is there any difference to one hundred international minutes and one hundred Irish landlines and mobiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Anyone using the automatic top up feature in the app?

Any issues with it to activate the plan every 28 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

OmegaGene wrote: »
    One is for calling abroad and one isn’t

Yes, I see the error of my ways! The international add-on does not include Ireland!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement