Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Basq wrote: »
    Thanks all... changed last night to Turkey - 4 Screen+HD has went from €10.99 to ~€3.60. The tight bastard in me thinks I should've have added my Revolut card to save a few more pennys! :D

This, along with my Boards Spotify Family Deal, is saving me a small fortune a year!

Isn't that the standard, 2 screen prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wheety wrote: »
    Isn't that the standard, 2 screen prices?
    Whoops yeah.. sorry, that's what I meant.

Whoops yeah.. sorry, that's what I meant.

I'm on the same deal. Free month is nearly up so will pay my first payment this week. I used my Revolut to save the extra few cent (and avoid the non-euro transaction fee).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

flexcon wrote: »
    That's crap so,tried a number of vpns and they all are slow and buffer,I gave up

The service I use is Windscribe. I use it for accessing multiple media sites and so far no issues. Like you I tried so many services.

I'd purchase the one month Pro and see how you get on with it. Either way if you do, let us know here how you find the service.
    Thanks,I will

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gillamandango

Thanks lads for all the input..Got sub'd up using Hola and the Turkish site, Much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Thanks for the info guys, cheap Netflix in glorious 4K picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Tony H

my sub with netflix from Argentina was a bit less than last month €5.23 for 4 screens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

flexcon wrote: »
    The service I use is Windscribe. I use it for accessing multiple media sites and so far no issues. Like you I tried so many services.

I'd purchase the one month Pro and see how you get on with it. Either way if you do, let us know here how you find the service.

Another Windscriber here, I got a 3 year sub through stack social for $12.49 a while ago. It's quality, instant connection, loads of countries to choose from - I needed it to watch the GAA on RTE from the UK. It's worked for Turkey without issue for this. I used cyberGhost for a few years before and while it did the job was a LOT more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bambaata

In order to change billing region i assume you have to cancel subscription, wait until it ceases and start again? Am Japan at the mo but they are raising prices end of the month so need to change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Turkey is the way to go at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bambaata wrote: »
    In order to change billing region i assume you have to cancel subscription, wait until it ceases and start again? Am Japan at the mo but they are raising prices end of the month so need to change
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭5star02707

Renewed mine earlier and 4 screens + UHD is less than 6 euro that's 8 euro savings compared to the Irish plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes

Is there a new email address needed to restart as Turkish subscriber?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No, I simply cancelled my existing Netflix membership.

Then after expiry.. open your VPN of choice (browse to Turkey), go to Netflix, sign-in and reactivate sub.

No, I simply cancelled my existing Netflix membership.

Then after expiry.. open your VPN of choice (browse to Turkey), go to Netflix, sign-in and reactivate sub.

Perfect, yes the Turkish lira is dropping like a stone right now... Holidays in Turkey must be awesome right now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How much is the premium account on Turkish Netflix account?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

yabadabado wrote:

I'm paying 2 euro a month single screen non UHD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

yabadabado wrote:

I'm paying 2 euro a month single screen non UHD

Pleb

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Pleb

For sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Some of us have no need for extra screens or HD

• Advertisement

Use the same email address if you want to keep history, use a different one for the free month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Some of us have no need for extra screens or HD

some of us like the 4 screen package so we can share it with others and get it even cheaper, 4k all the way baby and its costing me feck all for the year

The internet isn’t for everyone

yabadabado wrote: »

Turkish prices

39.99TL - 4 screens
    27.99TL - 2 screens
    15.99TL - 1 screen

Euro equivalent prices change by the minute

39.99 lira is €5.54 at the moment on Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

OmegaGene wrote: »
    39.99 lira is €5.54 at the moment on Revolut

<€6 per month for 4 screen UHD and only getting cheaper. Now have reason to use the Netflix button on my TV remote.

fdevine wrote: »
    <€6 per month for 4 screen UHD and only getting cheaper. Now have reason to use the Netflix button on my TV remote.

Divide it by 4 if you share

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

So I'm thinking of doing the Turkish sign up. I'm fine with the process but after you start (with all the other users on the 4 screen account). Do Netflix just not care that you and your pals have all moved back to Ireland from Turkey to watch Netflix??? My son is paranoid we'll get band??

sean72 wrote: »
    So I'm thinking of doing the Turkish sign up. I'm fine with the process but after you start (with all the other users on the 4 screen account). Do Netflix just not care that you and your pals have all moved back to Ireland from Turkey to watch Netflix??? My son is paranoid we'll get band??

Netflix get paid and they don’t care where you are based, I was watching in America earlier and now I’m in the uk, I do this on a daily basis.
    Tell your son to take off his foil hat and get out more lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I have an account in Turkey for my son, he thinks the content is not as much as in Ireland. The content is it relevant to the country you sign up or the country you use it?

Is it better to get my bother in Colombian or Turkey to get me an account? What get more content if it is relevant to the country you register in? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

nava wrote: »
    I have an account in Turkey for my son, he thinks the content is not as much as in Ireland. The content is it relevant to the country you sign up or the country you use it?

Is it better to get my bother in Colombian or Turkey to get me an account? What get more content if it is relevant to the country you register in? Thanks

No, the content is determined by the location you are watching it from. If you want more, you can use a VPN to access US or UK Netflix for example.

Advertisement